Thread: Vegan cookbook author (Sarah Kramer) on Oprah

Default Vegan cookbook author (Sarah Kramer) on Oprah

I've started a campaign to get Sarah Kramer, one of the authors of "How It All Vegan" and "Garden of Vegan" on Oprah. This would be great promotion for the vegan community, as well as creating some understanding between vegans and omnis. If anybody's interested, you can go to www.oprah.com You'll have to register first, but after you register, look on the left side of the page, and click on "e-mail us". When the next page comes up, there will be an opportunity to e-mail Oprah with suggestions as to who you'd like to see on her upcoming shows.

I e-mailed her a little while ago. I think it would be great to see a vegan cook on some of these shows. They're rare. We need a lot of e-mails, though, to get Oprah's staff's attention.

Thanks you guys......

Sorry....I forgot to post Sarah's contact address. You'll need to include that in your e-mails so Oprah's staff will know how to contact her.

Sarah Kramer
    P.O. Box 8727
    Victoria BC
    V8W 353
    Canada

OR:

sarah@govegan.net

Thanks, everybody....

Quote cowpie
    Sarah Kramer, one of the authors of "How It All Vegan" and "Garden of Vegan" on Oprah. This would be great promotion for the vegan community
    Briiiiilllllllliiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnntttttt ! I'll email later.

Hasha...I don't know what Oprah you haven't been watching (lol), but she's a compassionate, wonderful human being. She's done so much good in the world, and continues to do so. You don't get much better than Oprah....

LOL, Cowpie, if you say so.

As read on Sarah's website, she has appeared on national TV shows like Canada AM and W-5 as well as local shows like New Day Live, Breakfast Television and Go Magazine, she has also appeared as a guest on numerous radio stations such as CBC and NPR. And also does live cooking appearances at festivals such as Word on The Street, Earth Save events and Vegetarian Conferences throughout Canada and the United States.

I don't know how popular the Oprah show is, I'm guessing it gets quite a big audience. To me, Sarah seems ideal to spread the vegan word.

Oh and she is gawwwgeous to.

gertvegan, I can't give you the demographics, but Oprah's audience is HUGE. I do know that Sarah is doing a book tour in New York City in the fall to promote her upcoming third book. It sure would be nice if she could swing through Chicago, which is where Oprah is. They have to ask her first, though (lol). That's why we need a lot of letters to generate interest.

Oprah also screens internationally, if not in the UK, it certainly is in Australia, probably New Zealand and all countries with a passion for American day time viewing.

She is more respectable than most but I wouldn't say it is essential viewing. The demographic that it reaches probably would not come across veganism too often so it could be a good thing.
    "if compassion is extreme, then call me an extremist"

I never envisioned a totally vegan cooking show. I don't think that would generate enough interest for the general population. I thought a show with various cooking styles would have something for everybody....maybe a vegan cook, a vegetarian cook, an omni cook, a dessert expert, etc., each getting his or her allotted amount of time to plug their cookbooks.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents....

Quote cowpie
    I think it would be great to see a vegan cook on some of these shows. They're rare. We need a lot of e-mails, though, to get Oprah's staff's attention.
    I haven't either of Sarah's books , they are talked about a lot, maybe I will do. What kinda info have you put in your emails ?

I have both of Sarah's books. They're great!

I just explained in my e-mail that there was a Canadian gal who had written two cookbooks, and is currently writing her third. And I thought it would be great if Oprah had her on her show.

You really should buy the books, gertvegan. I think you would enjoy them.

Default Re: Vegan cookbook author on Oprah

I work from home so I am able to watch Oprah every day. I agree, she is a very compassionate person and one person that I would truly love to see go vegan.
    She was involved in a lawsuit a few years ago with the beef industry over a comment she made about "never eating a hamburger again". The beef industry sued her for a drop in sales. Here's the link: http://www.madcowboy.com/01_BookOP.000.html

I will write to her but I wonder if she would be nervous about getting sued again. A bunch of crap, if you ask me, but she might be leary of something like that.
    You are not required to complete the task of repairing the world, neither are you free to abstain from it.
    --Pirke Avot