Thread: Headlice

Default Re: Ants, insects...

Is there a way of ridding yourself of headlice without killing them..? Of course instead of burning them alive in acid shampoo you could comb them out and then put them umm..in the garden or somewhere...but they wouldn't survive in the garden..they'd need a host body..

I don't have headlice but a girl I work with has had them ever since I've known her..over 2 months. The manager has told her several times to sort them out but nothing has changed. You can still see them crawling around in her hair.

If I caught them I wouldn't want to have to hurt them..
    "It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done."

PygmyGoat

Default Re: Ants, insects...

*Shudder* - this is very unfair on all of the girls co-workers who will catch Headlice from her! . How can you avoid harming lice that live in your hair whilst you're washing it??? . Much as I hate to harm living creatures I would not be able to bear the itchiness! - I would have to get rid of them. Personally I would use the method of combing them out whilst they are slathered in a Tea Tree conditioner.

I've never had Headlice but sometimes you just have to look after yourself .

Default Re: Headlice

I picked up a leaflet from the London Vegan Fayre about a new way of getting rid of head lice. My son often picks them up from school so I'm going to buy one of these units. This is their website http://www.mapertontrust.com/headlice/

I would be skeptical of those guys having looked at the rest of the products they sell. Windows software that does distance healing, anyone?

I hadn't seen that Pob but its worth a try and it is free. Yep I'll believe any old cr*p people tell me

It says £17 on the website

I completely missed that stall!

Their website has an interesting array of random bits of hardware that do impressively unbelievable things. Would have loved to have had a chat
    "Mr Flibble - forum corruptor of innocents!!" - Hemlock

Quote Pob View Post
    It says £17 on the website
    If you go to the homepage and click 'treatment' its free.

Mr Flibble I don't think they had a stall. The leaflet was on a stall with many different types of leaflets
    Last edited by Maisiepaisie; Sep 11th, 2006 at 11:54 AM. Reason: to add more

The free treatment is a free distance healing session, not the head lice badge, though. Fill in the form, click the button, and be cured of all that ails you. For free. Wow. Not sure why they need your email address though

What about using a lot of hair conditioner? That used to free them up without necessarily poisoning them. Would they just end up down the drain?

The thing is they're a parasite and once they're removed from our heads they're going to die anyway.

I'm not sure what to think

If you really don't want to kill them you could comb them out and put them in a jar, then tip them onto someone elses head who you don't like

I've had headlice loads of times. I was brought up in the tropics and we always had headlice there and so did all our school friends.
    The most recent occasion as an adult was when a friend came to stay with her 2 kids who were alive with lice. one of the kids threw herself at me and they must have jumped over onto us. Anyway me and my hubbie didn't realise we had them although we did wonder why we itched all the time and had jumbo bites on our necks. We thought it was somrthing in our mattress.
    It was only when a fat one dropped out of my head and onto my desk at work that I realised with horror we had lice!!!
    I warned my work colleagues to check their heads and went straight home. there is no way I'd inflict that on folk at work!
    My husband has waist length very curly hair and it was a nightmare treating him because of the knots and my hairs long as well. We spent a day with lice preparations blitzing the little beasties. Long curly hair and fine lice comb is not a happy scene I can tell you!
    Luckily we haven't had them since and i did tell my friend never to bring her kids over again unless they were clear - i was well pissed off!
    Silent but deadly :p