Thread: Too Posh To Wash?

Default Too Posh To Wash?

Did anyone watch this television programme on Tuesday evening? Too Posh To Wash

Do you know anyone who avoids personal hygiene ... and did you avoid mentioning the problem or did you try to help them?

The programme reminded us of someone we knew ... he wasn't "posh" but firmly believed that the smell of superstale body odour and clothes that hadn't been washed for ages, if ever, was natural ... his gums were receding and badly infected due to lack of dental hygiene and never visiting the dentist ... his unkempt hair was wet with grease ... fortunately he never removed his trainers but rumour had it that his socks were once white ... we gave him some new clothes but it did nothing to help change his attitude ... when he visited we would put a sheet on the chair before he sat down ... his attitude was to accept him as he was or not ... even the dogs wouldn't sit or lie near him ... the last time he called we said that we were just going out, something he wasn't too happy to accept as he had a habit of calling late in the evening and would stay into the early hours to avoid going home ... that was the last time we saw him ...

wuggy

Ha! I used to have a friend like that - a Vegan, who thought it was 'natural' to stink!
    I think she did clean her teeth, but her hair was matted and she had bad body odour!
    Apart from that, I really liked her, she was a funny, inelligent friend.
    I'm afraid it did end in tears, though!..........

I have read that some people have a theory that if you don't wash your body or hair, they start to clean themselves after a while. Never fancied putting it to the test though

wuggy

Yes, I've heard that theory, but I knew this girl who stank for over a year, and her body didn't seem to be getting any cleaner...................

Yack that show made me gurn I can not understand a person having no personal respect to let themselves get that bad - man I go crazy if I leave shaving longer than 24 hours it just feels skanky.....

Vegans have no excuse either buying products that are vegan friendly to keep you smelling nice and looking clean are so easy to buy.

Oh well their is always some pong around the corner
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams

Quote harpy
    I have read that some people have a theory that if you don't wash your body or hair, they start to clean themselves after a while. Never fancied putting it to the test though

its true for hair, er - but not for bodies i would imagine