Thread: Vegans in Philipines?

Default Vegans in Philipines?

Do you know any one who is Vegan and from Philipines? My Philipine friend is looking for them.

Default Re: Vegans in Philipines?

Quote indianvegan View Post
    Do you know any one who is Vegan and from Philipines? My Philipine friend is looking for them.
    Yes I am one. I think I was the first who announce myself as vegan in the internet as a Filipino. There are a few out there but they are hard to find. Since my mom is iranian , I think I also earned the title of being the first "iranian" vegan in the internet (there was this scavenger quiz long time back in 94 when I joined a vegan group and suddenly I was surprise when I googled my name that I saw myself in that quiz )... but I am more a Filipino.

You can find vegan foods in the philippines if you visit Bodhi restaurants. I'd love to write a guide about it. I think Filipino vegans are still trying to "survive" in the philippines, and I'd love to give some tips and tricks on way of living as a vegan there.

I am currently living and studying in Europe though (Ironically, this is where lots of people claim to be vegan yet its harder to eat vegan than it is where I come from where almost no one is actually a vegan) but when my studies are over I will come back to the Philippines

my boyfriend is filipino (born in canada though) and a pescatarian... does that count?
    lol... guess not, eh?

Quote petunia View Post
    my boyfriend is filipino (born in canada though) and a pescatarian... does that count?
    lol... guess not, eh?
    Oh, a pectovegatarian .. my girlfriend turned into one after meeting me and she's a Filipino Chinese ^^ (most filipino chinese are actually genetically purely chinese but after staying for generations in the Philippines they have naturalized as Filipinos, so I would consider her actually as a Filipina) and her grandma who is pure chinese was a "vegan"

hmmm thats interesting about the filipino chinese thing. my boyfriend told me that most filipinos are actually spanish because the philipines were colonized by the spanish, and thats why the majority of them have spanish names. his last name is nieva.
    interesting culture...

I am vegan in the Philippines - currently in Manila. I know about 6 others locally.

I'm a vegan too....

Im Vagan and living here in manila