Thread: fox hunting women make a calender!!!

veggiewoman

Default fox hunting women make a calender!!!

can't believe this, I just hope the shops won't stock it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...19/nhunt19.xml

Hunting ladies strip for sake of hounds
    By Sally Pook

(Filed: 19/09/2006)

They did not go as far as Lady Godiva — and some may think that was a shame.
    Women who like to hunt are not known to pose naked in the stables or behind cake stands. But these are modern times and needs must.
    July: Lady Thompson takes a discreet dip in aid of the houndsWhen money was required to help keep the hounds of the Oakley Hunt, the women answered the call and threw off their jodhpurs.
    Like Rylstone and District Women's Institute, which made the original semi-naked charity calendar, the Oakley Hunt ladies made strategic use of water troughs, horse's tails and the odd bun to maintain decorum.
    "The prospect was daunting, but when we started shooting we just took off our clothes and got on with it," said Lady Thompson, who posed naked in a trough.
    The Oakley Hunt was formed by the 4th Duke of Bedford at Woburn Abbey in 1793. Despite the hunting ban its members continue to go drag hunting within the law and the women shed their clothes for a calendar to raise money to help pay for the upkeep of their hounds.
    The Masters of Foxhounds Association was "thoroughly" behind the calendar. "Oooh yes, absolutely," said Alastair Jackson, its director.

Default Re: fox hunting women make a calender!!!

What a group of fucking third-rated lewd whores!!

Well... atleast they know that their dirty blood-sport is dying. Pathetic losers.!! Get a life, ladies!!

They'd probably be able to stock the calendars in the country side. It won't make a difference in my opinion. If the calendars are stocked up in the cities, I'm sure many local animal rights groups will retaliate. It won't fetch them much money.
    Life is like a boomerang: What goes around comes around - "Karma"rocks!

" to raise money to help pay for the upkeep of their hounds"!!!!

i wish the hounds didnt exist in this capacity in the first place but - put your hands in your own 'bloody' pockets

As much as I disagree with the reason behind them raising money via this calendar, I'm afraid I have to take issue with this:-

Quote Kiran View Post
    What a group of fucking third-rated lewd whores!!
    as I find it a smidgeon offensive. Is every woman who poses naked/semi naked for a photograph a 'fucking third-rated lewd whore', or is it just these particular women because you disagree with their reason for posing for the photos in the first place?? If it's the latter, as much as I find their 'charity' objectionable, I also find it objectionable for it to be okay to call any woman a 'fucking third-rated lewd whore' just because you disagree with why they are posing in the first place
    Blackadder: Baldrick, have you no idea what irony is?
    Baldrick: Yes, it's like goldy and bronzy only it's made out of iron.

Poison Ivy, sorry if you mis-intereperted that.

Quote Poison Ivy View Post
    Is every woman who poses naked/semi naked for a photograph a 'fucking third-rated lewd whore',
    I did not say that did I? If Traci Bingham posed nude for Anti-fur campaign she does not become a whore. In fact I have that poster.

I did not use to "lewd" to refer to nudity. The naked body is beautiful and I'm not against it. Its the cause. As a matter of fact if someone posed nude for raising money for an animal charity, I would be very appreciative of that.

In the english dictionary.. Lewd means a lot of things including, bad-mannered, rude, ill behaved etc etc. To me the cause of these women is of no significance and hence the act is lewd. It was not a generic statement, and pointed only at these women.

If you still decide to believe in the misinterpretation, I can't help it. Of course, I'm not going to withdraw my statement. Because I have clarified that my statements were supposed to abuse the hunt women. Thats it.

Pretty straightforward in my opinion.

Quote Poison Ivy View Post
    I also find it objectionable for it to be okay to call any woman a 'fucking third-rated lewd whore' just because you disagree with why they are posing in the first place
    In my opinion these women are not human, let alone being women.

Quote Kiran View Post
    I did not say that did I? If Traci Bingham posed nude for Anti-fur campaign she does not become a whore. In fact I have that poster.
    But ultimately the act - posing nude - is the same, but one group of women are whores and other women are 'cool', double standards surely??

I did not use to "lewd" to refer to nudity. The naked body is beautiful and I'm not against it. Its the cause. As a matter of fact if someone posed nude for raising money for an animal charity, I would be very appreciative of that.
    So firstly it's the cause that's lewd....

[QUOTE=Kiran;236127] To me the cause of these women is of no significance and hence the act is lewd. It was not a generic statement, and pointed only at these women.[?QUOTE]

...but now it's only the women??? So which is it, is it the cause that is lewd, or is it the women??

Quote Kiran View Post
    Of course, I'm not going to withdraw my statement. Because I have clarified that my statements were supposed to abuse the hunt women. Thats it.
    Consider my previous question answered.

Poision Ivy, I don't have time for this. I don't think I need to waste my time on discussing hunts women. Like I said, I have clarified. The act of posing for a bad cause is a low act and hence lewd. Its the attribute of these hunt women. I rest my case. And I'm not going to withdraw my statements. I was refering to their low quality of using their body for a bad cause.

Poison Ivy, if you need to fight with me on this one, lets take it to PMs. A conflict here will only result in a mod deleting these posts.

Kiran I am not fighting you, I just don't appreciate women being called whore's - it's offensive, insulting and demeaning.

Poison Ivy,

I rate people based on their deeds. Its purely my opinion. My blood boils when people go to extremes to cause animal harm. This is extereme according to me. And I don't respect such people. Man or Woman it does not matter.

Like I said before, I don't consider these women as humans, let alone being women. These women are mindless barbarians who will go to any extent to keep the blood-sport alive. I, like everyone on this forum, don't justify their act.

To me nudity is not an issue. Many celebrities have stripped naked for a good cause. Thats not lewd. But to promote hunting this way is a disgrace and a lewd act. Is it not a pity that the god given beautiful body is used to promote a blood sport.

My statements were targeted only on these women, who are mindless, heartless and have no love in their hearts. These are basically a set of morons who just live to see others die. To me it does not qualify to be a human.

Thanks
    Kiran

The freckin pinched the idea from last years Long Legged Beauties Calender raising funds for rescue greyhounds !!

I maybe should point out that the article said they were drag hunting. If done correctly, this does not involve chasing and killing an animal.

Also, these women like hunting, which is a horrible act. It does not make them subhuman.
    "Do what you can with what you have where you are."
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Quote RedWellies View Post
    I maybe should point out that the article said they were drag hunting. If done correctly, this does not involve chasing and killing an animal.
    At the end of the day, its still hunting and a barbaric act that (in a perfect world) no sane human would perform.

It does not make them subhuman.
    Well "technically" they are homo-sapiens and hence human. I base my conclusions from what buddism and hinduism teach me. Mankind needs to believe in peace and ahimsa (non-violence). In my opinion, the people who don't fit this description are not suitable to brand themselves as humans. This will not change.

Quote Kiran View Post
    At the end of the day, its still hunting and a barbaric act that (in a perfect world) no sane human would perform.
    )
    Why is it barbaric? They chase a scent dragged by a human.
    - Theodore Roosevelt

I am under the impression that these hunts women were promoting Hunting (as in hunting animals).. Correct me if I'm wrong.

As I understood it, they are raising money to keep the hounds. They go drag hunting with them since the ban. I guess these women might prefer to hunt foxes, I don't know.
    - Theodore Roosevelt

The Oakley Hunt wasnt a drag hunt before the ban, I can remember a case where two female hunt sabs were attacked by one of their hunt supporters.

Edited to add - I very much doubt this is a case of raising funds, my synical head tells me its more about raising publicity. Especially as they are advertising this on all the pro-hunting sites.

As I understood it, they are raising money to keep the hounds. They go drag hunting with them since the ban. I guess these women might prefer to hunt foxes, I don't know.
    Confusing!! Well, I suspect they could use them illegally to hunt foxes. Why are they so desperate to keep the hounds? Illegal hunting still takes place on a large scale. I really doubt the objectives.

I looked at their website - they certainly don't come across as happy about sticking with drag hunting.

I thought so.!!! . Morons

Quote lavender View Post
    my synical head tells me its more about raising publicity. Especially as they are advertising this on all the pro-hunting sites.
    Yes, I suspect this might be the case.

Kiran, they are desperate to keep the hounds for several reasons I expect:

They hope the ban might be lifted.
    They want to drag hunt if they can't hunt animals.
    To prevent the hounds being killed.
    To keep hunt people in work.
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Interesting that the funds raised will be divided equally between the air ambulance and the hounds - both described as local good causes!!

Heh, as to Krian's statements, I don't think calling someone not human is that much of an insult. Considering the human capacity for cruelty and injustice, human in the sense of a personality trait sounds more like an insult than inhuman. I guess I can understand the "whore" comment, though don't exactly agree. I mean, these people are using this for an immoral purpose, to promote hunting, though using "whore" as an insult does bother me, since using sexuality for profit isn't something I see as inherently wrong or shameful (it's made that way by society), like if a group of women wanted to sell a naked calendar for the benefit of themselves, there shouldn't be any shame attached. It's only in using it for an immoral reason (I'd be like holding a bake sale to raise money to fund dog fighting. Bake sales aren't inherently immoral, but funding dog fights are). I guess it's common to refer to a person using their talents for the wrong reasons as 'whoring themselves out' or 'prostituting themselves out,' and not just sex, but like a band that "sells out" or a celebrity that becomes a corporate shill, but that is more an insult to sex workers than the intended target of said insults.
    Czujesz się wolny i robisz co chcesz. Jesteś piratem!

All other criticisms aside, Calendar Girls was a hugely entertaining film.

And so, Oakley hunt's crassness just goes to show that people who terrorise animals have no imagination!
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they're genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I suspect this might be the case.

Kiran, they are desperate to keep the hounds for several reasons I expect:

They hope the ban might be lifted.
    They want to drag hunt if they can't hunt animals.
    To prevent the hounds being killed.
    To keep hunt people in work.
    Fox hounds are lovely, amazing, wonderful creatures.

...and a useful, integral and purposeful part of the biosphere.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they're genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Kiran View Post

Well... atleast they know that their dirty blood-sport is dying. .
    It never died....and when the Tories win at the next election it will be brought back with all it's shitty hare coursing cousins. The time is now to get out there and get it back in the public eye. People don't realise that it was never actually banned.
    The taste of anything in my mouth for 5 seconds does not equate to the beauty and complexity of life.

cobweb

Quote emzy1985 View Post
    It never died....and when the Tories win at the next election it will be brought back with all it's shitty hare coursing cousins. The time is now to get out there and get it back in the public eye. People don't realise that it was never actually banned.
    ^ i was just going to say this aswell, as soon as the Tories get in it'll be full throttle again.

puca

Tbh the image I see there is far more tasteful than a lot that PETA produce.

Obviously I think breeding animals to hunt is vile (I can't say I am an expert on drag hunting)... But I don't see anything wrong with the image from a feminist perspective. It's actually ok...

ETA: I don't feel entirely comfortable with the use of the word "whore" used to describe a woman so bitterly. People enter prostitution for different reasons... It's not really up to us to judge 'em. Sex workers unions and women involved in sex work for whatever reason should have our support, as they're a vulnerable group because of laws.
    Last edited by puca; Oct 3rd, 2009 at 09:33 AM.

Quote cobweb View Post
    ^ i was just going to say this aswell, as soon as the Tories get in it'll be full throttle again.
    +1

Quote puca View Post
    I don't feel entirely comfortable with the use of the word "whore" used to describe a woman so bitterly.
    I'm not comfortable with this either but for different reasons...

The underlying assumption seems to be that women should be judged according to their sexual purity.

A typical scale of value in this type of thinking would be as follows: "whores" and unmarried promiscuous women are worthy of contempt; while virgin brides and monogamous mothers are to be admired.

Nobody would dream of judging a man in this way.
    Last edited by starlight; Oct 5th, 2009 at 10:47 PM.

Quote starlight View Post
    Unless ofcourse you are me!

So I wonder what the Sun has to say about Fox Hunting now it supports the Tories ay?
    The taste of anything in my mouth for 5 seconds does not equate to the beauty and complexity of life.

helen105281

^ that fox hunting is enjoyed by all sections of society. The Sun likes to endorse all sports that help keep nation entertained and in employment.

It's BB not Helen numbers

puca

Quote helen105281 View Post
    ^ that fox hunting is enjoyed by all sections of society. The Sun likes to endorse all sports that help keep nation entertained and in employment.

It's BB not Helen numbers
    I am sure The Sun would be supporting the hunting of Muslim children on horseback if it were allowed.

Quote puca View Post
    I am sure The Sun would be supporting the hunting of Muslim children on horseback if it were allowed.
    - but yes very true!

BlackCats

Quote puca View Post

Quote starlight View Post
    The underlying assumption seems to be that women should be judged according to their sexual purity.

Idk, I know quite a few man whores....

puca

Quote snivelingchild View Post
    Idk, I know quite a few man whores....
    Sorry... I don't understand the relevence. ???

You define a few men as whores? Or do you mean male prostitutes?

Whats fox hunting scum posing for a calendar got to do with prostitution ?

Am I missing something?

Quote puca View Post

Okay, way off topic, but lots of men [and women] suffer more abuse of their bodies and minds than do prostitutes... in the pursuit of money.
    Problematic is waking someone whom pretends to sleep.

Quote neil View Post
    Whats fox hunting scum posing for a calendar got to do with prostitution ?

Am I missing something?
    In my opinion, nothing. And that's the point - calling someone a whore because they are involved in hunting is inappropriate in many ways.

BlackCats

Quote whalespace View Post
    Okay, way off topic, but lots of men [and women] suffer more abuse of their bodies and minds than do prostitutes... in the pursuit of money.
    Exactly. I agree.

puca

Quote whalespace View Post
    I'm not saying men don't suffer from beauty standards, or in other ways. I don't think that needs to even be said. The same with if somebody says "rape is terrible", they shouldn't need to add "and male rape too" because that should be a given.

However, the term "whore" is usually used to describe prostitutes or 'promiscuous' women. So I don't understand the man whore comment, as a male prostitute or a stud.

I also don't think there is much difference in selling sex and selling labour in other forms. But then that is another topic altogether.

Quote puca View Post

Sorry...someone said that noone would dream of judging a man due to his "sexual purity" and I was simply quipping back that I do, indeed, think of quite a few slutty males as man whores. So...the first one! Yay for sluts! Slutty slutty slut sluts! If we only had one kind of slut (i.e. women) the world would be a lot more BORING!

(in hindsight, I appologize for posting on such little sleep...and staying up studying for 2 tests tomorrow...whoops today!)

Ruziko

The Oakley Hunt certainly don't 'drag hunt' even with the ban in place...very few hunts follow the law, and even admit they don't.

Oakley is near me. These women are despicable.