Thread: Website for checking vitamin/mineral content of foods

Default Website for checking vitamin/mineral content of foods

I go a bit overboard when it comes to spreadsheets and I'd really like to incorporate vitamin/mineral columns to my weekly food spreadsheet so I can keep track of everything, can anyone suggest a website for finding out the values? The packaging usually doesn't say anything past calories, fat, protein, carb, sodium and everything that I found when googling either didn't list vitamins/minerals or just gave a generic '%' without mentioning what it was based on.

p.s. sorry if this was asked before, I did attempt searching first but I didn't find anything.

Default Re: Website for checking vitamin/mineral content of foods

Hi,

I don't think I've seen anyone post such links (or use food/nutrient spreadsheets) here , but I've seen at least one site with rather detailed info about vitamin/mineral content of various food. I'll let you know if I come across that sit again.
    I will not eat anything that walks, swims, flies, runs, skips, hops or crawls.

Mahk

http://www.nutritiondata.com/

is fantastic and thorough. Check out the "foods by nutrient" tab to find specific foods high in one compound yet low in another, by category. Their pictographs are easy to understand and give great details.

For a more text only approach try: http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/

I agree totally with Mahk. I'm doing a 30 day raw trial right now and am using Nutritiondata.com everyday to document what I'm eating. I create a recipe and then enter everything I have eaten. Then I save it and the site analyzes it for you and tells you a ton of information. When you create an account you can type in certain parameters when searching for foods and about your own caloric needs.
    So check it out.
    pro-vegetable

Thank you, the second url you provided was exactly what I was looking for assuming it has the information for everything I need :P