Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Viva!s Incredible Veggie Roadshows 2005

Default Re: Sheffield ViVa Road show

Quote kiran_2k
    Anyone going to Sheffield ViVa road show?

Hi.. I am going to be manning a stall on cruelty-free products at the sheffield Viva road show on 23rd July.. Anyone coming for this event? I am sure it is going to be massive.
    Yep, me, it'll be a first for me. I'll be there in the afternoon.
    My turn of mind is so given to taking things in the absurd point of view that it breaks out in spite of me every now and then.

- Byron

Default Re: Sheffield ViVa Road show

Quote catmogg
    Yep, me, it'll be a first for me. I'll be there in the afternoon.
    Hi Catmog...

Did you say you are just visiting the event or are you manning any stall? Anyways looking forward to seeing you there.

Cheers!
    Life is like a boomerang: What goes around comes around - "Karma"rocks!

Thumbs up Re: Viva!s Incredible Veggie Roadshows

The sheffield road show was great. The venue was a little on the tiny side cos the turn out was great. I met up with Kiran (nice to see you Kiran!!) who introduced me to some of his Leeds vegan friends, which was lovely. We took some photo's and he's threatened to post them the forum....I did tell him not to post the totally unflattering ones of me scoffing my face but then he may not have much choice as that was all i seemed to do all afternoon. Ahhhhhhh chocolate,yum yum yum, viva chocolate creams to be precise, little bites of heaven!! Kiran was much more reserved than me, he only had TWO chocolates!!! I think he is a little weird!!
    My turn of mind is so given to taking things in the absurd point of view that it breaks out in spite of me every now and then.

- Byron

Default Re: Viva!s Incredible Veggie Roadshows

Quote catmogg
    The sheffield road show was great. The venue was a little on the tiny side cos the turn out was great. I met up with Kiran (nice to see you Kiran!!) who introduced me to some of his Leeds vegan friends, which was lovely. We took some photo's and he's threatened to post them the forum....I did tell him not to post the totally unflattering ones of me scoffing my face but then he may not have much choice as that was all i seemed to do all afternoon. Ahhhhhhh chocolate,yum yum yum, viva chocolate creams to be precise, little bites of heaven!! Kiran was much more reserved than me, he only had TWO chocolates!!! I think he is a little weird!!
    Nice to see you too Catmogg. It was great!! It was unfortunate you could not join us later at a vegan restaurant. And regarding the chocolates... I still stand by my yesterday's statement - chocolates are supposed to be eaten in very small quantities. Yesterday I saw chocolates going into you as fast as raindrops. And you seem to forget the world around you when you ate those chocolates. And too much calories is not good. (for me - I am trying to keep my body in good shape, and it is a hard thing to do ). I like chocolates just for taste, but not for lunch!!! I think TWO chocolates is quite a sum. I am positive that most of the forum will back me up in this. So I guess there are many wierd people around here.

Regarding the photos, I am compiling them to see which ones I can post. I am doing some photoshop work to attach your mug-shots to zombie torsos. I am sure they will be ready by this evening.

Many of those photos have come out well. I must say, your face is truly photogenic, adorable and radiant.

Cheers

^^^^^^^^^^^^Yeah, sorry i couldn't make it to the blue moon but i had to meet that friend.

Now Kiran, if my face appears on this forum with an alien body attached you are toast. My dod will track you down and lick you to death. You have been warned.

Oh and you ARE weird, choclates are meant for eating, not for saving!!! Although i think its posssible even i may have over done it just a little...

But come on people back me up here!!

- Byron

Hey!!!! There are quite many people like you... You might find many "chocoholic" friends here....

http://chocolateaddicts.tribe.net/?r=10535

Hope that helps! An Idea - maybe you should form a thread for "vegan chocolate addicts".

FR

Chocolate lover here, too.

Quote FR
    Chocolate lover here, too.
    There is a lot of difference between loving chocolates, and being a chocolate fanatic. I too like chocolates, but I cannot eat a whole box in one shot!! In fact I bought a box of vegan chocolates yesterday at sheffield viva road show.

Quote kiran_2k
    There is a lot of difference between loving chocolates, and being a chocolate fanatic. I too like chocolates, but I cannot eat a whole box in one shot!! In fact I bought a box of vegan chocolates yesterday at sheffield viva road show.
    Yeah but you ate one and then ghave them to me, that is not the action of a true chocoholic!!!!!!!!!1

- Byron

FR

I'd like to eat a whole box, but can't. I would gain weight.

Quote catmogg
    Yeah but you ate one and then ghave them to me, that is not the action of a true chocoholic!!!!!!!!!1
    My intial idea was to eat only one. So the rest of them were a gift to my vegan chocoholic buddy.

Quote FR
    I'd like to eat a whole box, but can't. I would gain weight.
    Yeah!! weight is one reason.. but another reason is that they are too sweet. It just makes my tastebuds miserable. Cath disagrees with me. And also, for some people, if you eat too many chocolates in one go, their intestines would hate them for the next coupe of days.

Thumbs up Pics from Sheffield Viva Veggie Road Show

Hi All,

I have put up some pics of the veggie road show at sheffield. Me and Cath were ther till it finished. Unfortunately, we could not click too many photos, and the ones we clicked were predominatly the exploits of each other at the venue. It was a fun experience. Me and Cath enjoyed it a lot. Here is the link

http://www.kiran-voderhobli.info/sheffield/spics.htm

regards
    kiran

Default Re: Pics from Sheffield Viva Veggie Road Show

cool pics man. looks like it was a fun day!

Hey Kiran, the pictures are great (except that i'm in them, how could you inflict that on innocent forumers!!)

Disclaimer: Now, these pictures cast me in the role of demonic chocolate chomper and there's a few words i'd like to say on the matter....

Its
    just
    as
    it
    looks.
    I thank you.

Cloudy, would have been good to see you there, did you go?

- Byron

Quote catmogg
    Hey Kiran, the pictures are great (except that i'm in them, how could you inflict that on innocent forumers!!)
    You look gorgeous darling!!! It is me I am worried about. I am sure I am gonna get brickbats for putting my pics on the forum.

Angie from viva just mailed me. She gave me the following link for more pics of the roadshow

http://www.viva.org.uk/roadshows/post_sheffield/

Nice pics there.

Mozbee

Quote kiran_2k
    Yeah!! weight is one reason.. but another reason is that they are too sweet. It just makes my tastebuds miserable. Cath disagrees with me. And also, for some people, if you eat too many chocolates in one go, their intestines would hate them for the next coupe of days.
    Ah but Kiran that's what's so wonderful about plain choc, it makes milk choc just taste of sugar & calf food, well to me anyway.
    I love plain choc but maybe it's replacing something else!

Quote Mozbee
    Ah but Kiran that's what's so wonderful about plain choc
    Oh Yes.. I do like chocolates and the sweetness is inherent. There is no denying that chocolates are meant to be that way. But I have found it impossible to eat more than one or two in one shot. I don't tend to get an affinity to chocolates due to strong sweetness. I am not diabetic or anything.

Quote catmogg
    Cloudy, would have been good to see you there, did you go?
    I did but just ran around for about 20 minutes in the morning, I was in a rush, but I did manage to buy some of that fudge!

I was impressed with the amount of publicity it got, and nice to see people outside handing out leaflets, seemed quite well organised, pity I couldn't stay longer and meet up with you.
    I bet Yoda was a vegan

Quote Cloudy
    I did but just ran around for about 20 minutes in the morning, I was in a rush, but I did manage to buy some of that fudge!

I was impressed with the amount of publicity it got, and nice to see people outside handing out leaflets, seemed quite well organised, pity I couldn't stay longer and meet up with you.
    You could have dropped into my stall and said HI. Just one word "HI". Is that too much to ask for? Sorry if it takes 2 seconds of your time.... I din't even know you were there or else I would have nabbed you.

Quote kiran_2k
    You could have dropped into my stall and said HI. Just one word "HI". Is that too much to ask for? Sorry if it takes 2 seconds of your time.... I din't even know you were there or else I would have nabbed you.
    Hmm? Didn't know anyone here had a stall, which one was it? I was literally in and out, it was quite packed
    I bet Yoda was a vegan

I was on the cruelty free stall and I had announced this on the forum long time ago. Even Cathy told on the forum that she was gonna come and see me. We were expecting you but you absconded.

The cruelty free stall was on the left of the food samples queue window? Remember the window?

I popped into Sheffield, and I remember you from there Kiran, only after seeing the pics from it though, so I may not have said hi either, but I definitely remember giving you a gracious smile! he he. I was only there for a little bit too, but long enough to try some of the yummy free food, was it black-bean summat and tofu doo-dah. It was lovely, and I sat and ate it next to 2 little old ladies, one of whom was very impressed, and told me she was "pretty much vegetarian" and told the other lady off for eating chicken. That was really nice to see, Viva obviously touched those who normally wouldn't think about animal rights, and the chicken eater very much enjoyed her tofu! Triumph! Well done on a v good event.
    www.myspace.com/natureworks1

Quote kiran_2k
    I was on the cruelty free stall and I had announced this on the forum long time ago. Even Cathy told on the forum that she was gonna come and see me. We were expecting you but you absconded.
    I said I was going, I never arranged to meet anybody. I can't just come over, say hello and then leave can I?

I was in a rush, girlfriend had a hair appointment, it wouldn't have been worth my while, believe me

From what I saw it looked like a success though!
    I bet Yoda was a vegan

Quote pixeequeen
    I popped into Sheffield, and I remember you from there Kiran, only after seeing the pics from it though, so I may not have said hi either, but I definitely remember giving you a gracious smile! he he.
    Oh Ok!!! So you were there too... I did smile at quite a lot of people, but since I don't know how you look, I am not able to recollect. Anyways thanks for coming.. Hope you enjoyed it.

Quote Cloudy
    I said I was going, I never arranged to meet anybody. I can't just come over, say hello and then leave can I?

I was in a rush, girlfriend had a hair appointment, it wouldn't have been worth my while, believe me

From what I saw it looked like a success though!
    Thanks for coming mate .. It was a grand success but it was crammed and hot inside.

VeganJohn

Default Re: Who's going to the Sheffield Veggie Roadshow this Saturday

Hmmmm, not a million miles away, but I don't really want to spend the money for the train fare. Have fun those of you that go though, I went to the North West vegan festival in Manchester last year (went on my own) and had a great time!

I was at the Roadshow for a while, trying the cheese and chilli! Very crowded, lots of non veggies trying stuff which has to be good (but was it merely a free feed??) pity I failed to bring anyone to convert with me, better luck next time??

Smile Re: Viva!s Incredible Veggie Roadshows

Hey I managed to go to the Viva roadshow in Cardiff, was anyone else there? It felt really wierd to be able to eat nearly everything there without having to worry about ingredients etc, as you all would agree it was pretty awesome.

Thumbs up Re: Viva!s Incredible Veggie Roadshows

Yeah Anna it definately did feel like a free feed...

Default Viva Incredible Veggie Roadshows - anyone going?

There's a free one in Canterbury on the 22nd October and there is one on 12th November in London.

The one in Canterbury looks pretty small - but it's close to me, so I'll probably pop along. I haven't decided about the London one yet.

Default Re: Viva Incredible Veggie Roadshows - anyone going?

I'm going to the London one, and am dragging as many friends along with me as I can in the hope of converting a few of them.
    "It is just like man's vanity and impertinence to call an animal dumb because it is dumb to his dull perceptions" - Mark Twain

princessemma

Default Anyone going to viva fayre?

Is anyone going to the viva fayre on the 12th? I really wanted to go and couldn't afford it but my mum has offered to pay for it as an early xmas present and she's going to have my daughter the whole day as well. She's being really nince now which is good cause she didn't take too well to us going vegan. She thinks I've joined a cult Anyway I just wondered if anyone on here will be going? Did anyone go last year? What is it like? What sort of amount of money am I going to need?

Default Re: Anyone going to viva fayre?

Hi princessemma

i'm going to the fayre on the 12th November, and it looks like GloomCookie will be too

send me a PM if you'd like to meet up and maybe exchange mobile numbers. i think there are going to be a lot of stalls with loads of vegan goodies to buy, so bring plenty of cash there will be free food, but if the other fayres i went to are anything to go by, you'll be lucky if you can get near much of it!
    'The word gorilla was derived from the Greek word Gorillai (a "tribe of hairy women")'

Managed to get some food at the Canterbury one. Tried all the cheeses and decided the melting mozarella was good enough for my pizzas. Did have to fight off all the old biddies with their shopping trolleys to get to the food, though. Either vegetarians live a long time, or they were all only there for the free food.

Also discovered that Canterbury isn't too bad for vegany things. Bought vegan hemp trainers from SoleTraders and some beer and bits from the wholefoods shop.

Hopefully will be at the London one, too.

Hi Rob, hope to meet you at the London roadshow.
    'The word gorilla was derived from the Greek word Gorillai (a "tribe of hairy women")'

Hey, do you HAVE to book your ticket before you go, or can you buy on the door? Me and a mate are planning to go to the London one.

i think you must be able to buy tickets on the door, as they want as many people to go in as possible. they probably only ask people to book so they have an idea of numbers beforehand.

if you do go Shisha hope to see you there.

Just got back from this - wow, it was packed and hot and sweaty!!!

Somehow bumped into Gorilla - hi - recognised her by the tattoo! It looks fabulous in real life.

I bought some bits and pieces that I needed, but there were plenty of negatives to the day.

The bad:

The Wembley staff were running the "security" at the doors and also the food and drink bar. They people at the bar had a bad attitude and weren't able to answer what was vegan (as far as I could gather the hot food and sandwiches weren't - just the bar snacks). I heard one of the staff say that it was so confusing knowing what vegans could and couldn't eat that they hadn't bothered catering for them. Oh, and £1.70 for a bottle of water!!! Luckily the Vebab people were knocking them out for a £1.

People were very rude. Large amounts of people crowded round the free sample areas and blocked access past them, or to buy stuff. Fair enough, sample stuff you've never tasted, but then either buy some or move on! (Viva maybe takes some blame there for the "Free Food" advertising.)
    Lots of other pushing and shoving and pushing in on queues, too

Jane Plant's talk I have moaned about elsewhere.

The good:

I spoke at length to a vegan lady on the Green Party stall. I never seem to get names of people - please force a business card on me if I talk to you at all.

I spoke to a couple of omnis in the queue for a talk, and I think one of them was getting the message that meat and milk are no good for you.

The Live Animal Transport talk was brilliant. I wasn't up to speed on all the issues involved in that. I must have got some dust in my eyes at that point, cos they were watering for a while after that.

hello Rob it was nice to meet you, and hi Gloom Cookie who i also met up with.

the show was ok, but personally it was way too busy for me. couldn't really get to anything i wanted to look at, had to queue for ages to get anything to eat or drink... not sure how many non-veggies were there but hopefully they converted some people.

I bought some squirty cream and tried the trifle at the London Vegan Festival earlier in the year. I try and ration myself on the cream and still have some left. It's yummy, though. I usually have it on cocoa

I was a bit disappointed that there wasn't a licensed bar

i like the APA sherry trifles, my boyfriend and i sampled a couple at the roadshow i bought some of the squirty cream a while ago and it's ok but goes flat way too quickly - i guess i'll just have to eat it quicker

i didn't get any of the free food because the queues were way too long. the queues for the food you had to pay for were bad enough. i was a little annoyed to see people taking their helping of free food, joining the back of the queue again and eating their food while waiting before getting to the front again and taking another helping. there seemed to be quite a few people doing this.

shame i didn't get to see you Shisha, should've mentioned the tattoo i suppose