Thread: We would like to meet some kiwis

Default We would like to meet some kiwis

Me and my younger brother who just graduated college will be visiting your beautiful country for 6 weeks starting in mid January. We are travelling light and cheap. We would like to get a full cultural experience by eating dinner, socializing, and staying with local veganz wherever possible. Since we are both vegans, travelling is sometimes difficult. If you would like to meet, or can offer a place to stay, or some home cooking (we'll pay), it would be greatly appreciated and a wonderful experience. You can email me at mikeygervais@yahoo.com. Hope to hear from you,
    Mike
    P.S. We also like to cook and can do some cooking for you!!
    "Hey everybody, I made some Gazpacho"- Lisa Simpson
    "
    Go back to Russia"- Barney Gumble:D

Default Re: We would like to meet some kiwis

Hey I saw your post over on Veganz Forums ?
    Don't feel too bad that nobody replied, that place is really dead (though hopefully some people emailed you!)

How are you planning to travel around? Bus tour, train, plane, rental car? And which areas? Sadly I haven't travelled round NZ much so don't have any really great tips. Wellington and Christchurch are great cities for vegan food - they seem to have a nice variety of restaurants anyway. Otherwise, supermarkets have plenty of your usual stuff.

Default Re: We would like to meet some kiwis

Actually, your the first to reply. There must not be too many vegans in NZ, or at least many on the forums. We plan on travelling by car starting in Auckland. We plan on travelling 3 weeks in the south island and 2 in the north. We were going to do a lot of hiking. I found an Ecovillage where we'll be staying one night. They serve vegan. Other than that I guess we'll be eating at the supermarkets or the few veggie restaurants I can find online.
    Mike
    "Hey everybody, I made some Gazpacho"- Lisa Simpson
    "
    Go back to Russia"- Barney Gumble:D