Thread: a grapey issue

prilly-pie

Default a grapey issue

ok, so i have read numerous threads about how if youre on a weightloss plan, grapes are not such a good idea. recently, i have been eating an increased amount of grapes - i enjoy them alot. i am trying to lose weight, going about it in a healthy way, weighing once a fortnight, usually when i go home, sometimes, longer - it doesnt bother me anymore..

BUT are grapes bad for weightloss?? im sure, if one was on an unhealthy diet, and added grapes, then that , yes would add to weight gain. But if one is on a healthy eating plan, consisting of mainly fruit veg, and proteins, grapes surely arent going to halt my weightloss?

Please, give me your view.

pril x

Default Re: a grapey issue

Why would they be bad for weightloss? I don't see how they are any different than other fruits. They do contain sugar so if you're trying to control calories, they do add up sort of quickly. But as long as you eat in the moderation like everything else, I don't understand how they make be bad.
    Peace, love, and happiness.

it's one of those weird ideas people fixate themselves with when dieting..they'll avoid things like grapes or bananas or whatever like the plague, and then eat a "healthy low-fat" snack of yoghurt or milk, and then wonder wtf the diet isn't working. i wonder who comes up with that crap
    Piggy

The only bad thing I've ever heard about grapes, is that for a woman to over-indulge in them, could lead to a yeast infection. I guess this is because of their high sugar content. I've never heard about them being bad for weightloss though.

prilly-pie

good. because they are a wonderful fruit. thankyou