Thread: Pakistan remembers

Unhappy Pakistan remembers

Hard to believe that it is a full year since around 73,000 people were killed in an earthquake there. Sometimes there's a tragedy - a road accident, etc, and a few people are killed, and it is sad. Yet in Pakistan, such an enormous number of people were killed, and even more made homeless, but it gets scant attention.
    Eve

Default Re: Pakistan remembers

Amazing, but yeah, these huge disasters quickly fall off the radar. I thought about this at the anniversary of the tsunami.

I'm glad that we still hear about the Katrina disaster. I hope New Orleans comes back better than ever. I've never been there, but it's my boyfriend's favorite city and I look forward to him showing it to me.

Peace be with you, Pakistan.

Cheers,
    rant
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter." --Yoda

Default Re: Pakistan remembers

We've raised a lot of money for the Kahmir earthquake appeal at my college. A friend of mine went out to work there as a teacher over the summer and he said its incredible how little has been done to re build the place. People have to live in the remnants of their old houses, workplaces, schools, surrounded by constant reminders of what happened. Everyone out there lost someone they loved.
    My turn of mind is so given to taking things in the absurd point of view that it breaks out in spite of me every now and then.

- Byron