Thread: is soy milk bad?

Default is soy milk bad?

it seems kind of ridiculous to think that it could be bad for me... but one of my good friends just told me that soy milk could be bad for me? cus it has a lot of estrogen. she said tofu and things of that nature are fine... but because of the production of soy milk it could be bad? shes not a vegan or anything so i wasnt sure what to think... but shes really honest so i dont think shes being dumb or anything.

also... i work out a few times a week. i was switched from whey protein to soy protein... and the guy that worked at the supplement store said the same thing about the soy protein isolate shakes?

this kind of concerns me :|

i was thinking about rice milk? or maybe almond milk? does anyone have any suggestions? or know if thats just a bunch of nonsense?

thank you :]!

Vegan Traveler

Default Re: is soy milk bad?

There is a lot of information online about this, but I think it's very important to make sure you get a good variety of foods. If you are consuming large amounts of soy every day, that's just not healthy as if you were consuming large amounts of anything. Soy has some amazing health benefits, but is very high in estrogen, among other things. I would have to say that consuming soy protein sounds much safer than milk protein though. Some people are allergic to soy as well... I guess what I'm trying to say is if you're taking a soy supplement, you may want to look at other alternatives for your daily milk, but that doesn't mean that having soy milk or tofu as part of your balanced diet is a bad thing. Good luck!
    - The Duck
    Let's do something about it!

Default Re: is soy milk bad?

Hi Richard - you could try this link for lots more info on this topic :

http://veganforum.com/forums/showthr...highlight=soya