Thread: Paper Towels, Toilet Paper etc.?

Default Paper Towels, Toilet Paper etc.?

I've looked everywhere for info on cruelty-free paper products.. that is, toilet paper, paper towels, napkins, etc. that are made by companies that don't test on animals. It seems like most of the stuff available at discount, grocery, and drugstores is from the large corporations that do test (P&G, Kimberly-Clark, Georgia Pacific, etc.). I'd rather not have to get Seventh Generation because of the cost (I already buy several of their products, but for toilet paper if I can avoid it I'd prefer to). Is that pretty much the only option? Are *all* of the discount store type brands made by companies that test? And what about store brands (Walmart, Target, Walgreens, Publix, etc.)? I'm especially interested in finding out if the "GreenWise" line Publix offers is cruelty-free. Does anyone have any info on any of this stuff? Thanks a lot in advance!

Default Re: Paper Towels, Toilet Paper, etc.?

Seventh Generation stuff seems to be on sale here if that's any help. I wasn't sure what kind of price you were expecting to pay because we don't have Seventh Generation in the UK, I have to say those prices look pretty reasonable to me (I didn't look at the shipping price though).

For the toilet paper you could just choose one hand to eat with and the other for 'cleaning up'. It might be hard at first to remember only to eat with one hand but after you've made the mistake once you should pick it up pretty quickly
    "I don't want to live on this planet any more" - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Eeew.
    Peace, love, and happiness.

Risker...*lol*

I, for one, find it disconcerting when I see dolphins or duckies on toilet paper. I simply don't want to wipe my bum on them.

We don't get printed toilet paper here in Canada like we do in Australia. Something about the ink causing problems for people with sensitive skin.

I use Cascades brand of toilet paper and paper towel, or the grocery store brand of recycled stuff. Whichever is less expensive at the time.

Sorry I can't help with the US brands...

But, the other day I discovered that Safeway/Woolworths cheapo 1 ply toilet paper is 100% recycled

Quote Risker View Post
    For the toilet paper you could just choose one hand to eat with and the other for 'cleaning up'. It might be hard at first to remember only to eat with one hand but after you've made the mistake once you should pick it up pretty quickly
    That's what people do in Asia (Thailand, Java...) and I was naturally forced to do the same when I was travelling there. Can't say I ever got sick.

Default Re: Paper Towels, Toilet Paper etc.?

Seventh Generation is the only thing I've seen that's widely available.
    There's also this which was available at a couple places where I used to live. I'm not sure if it's any cheaper, though.

I also checked the "Nearby Stores" section of the site and it said the products were available at:
    Life And Health Foods
    5125 West Colonial Drive
    Orlando, FL 3280

Not sure how close that is to you.