Thread: 3rd Annual Artivist Film Festival - Nov. 9-12 (Hollywood, CA)

Default 3rd Annual Artivist Film Festival - Nov. 9-12 (Hollywood, CA)

Hi, all. I know I don't post here a lot, as there's a lot of message boards for vegans and vegetarians, and lots of work and animal-friendly activities that keep me wrapped up in my day-to-day life, but I did have one very animal-friendly event from my everyday life that I wanted to share with as many people as possible.

I'm helping to produce the 3rd Annual Artivist Film Festival & The 2006 Artivist Awards, merging art and activism for global consciousness. Artivist is the first international film festival dedicated to addressing human rights, children's advocacy, environmental preservation, and animal rights. Its mission is to strengthen the voice of international activist artists - "artivists" - while raising public awareness for social global causes.

Artivist is officially affiliated with the UNITED NATIONS. Additionally, Artivist’s Advisory Board includes Congressman Dennis Kucinich, and actor-activist James Cromwell.

Filmmakers from around the world will unite at the renowned Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood, California from November 9-12, 2006 to address the importance of art and activism in our global community as we present some 65 international films in 4 days. Our film program this year not only ranges widely in activist topics, but also feature such noted activist-artists as Tom Hanks, Susan Sarandon, Martin Sheen, Viggo Mortensen, Elton John, Morgan Spurlock, Brett Ratner, Andy Garcia, Keanu Reeves, Alanis Morissette, and many others.

I will personally be moderating a forum after the screening of Mad Cowboy on Saturday night, as we discuss the true cost of the American diet on animals, people, and the environment.

The following night, the “Artivist Awards” will honor the winning films of the Annual Artivist Film Festival and the work of outstanding celebrity activists Joaquin Phoenix, Daryl Hannah, Matthew McConaughey.

In case any of you out there are in some position to take advantage of this, we are actively securing sponsors and supporters for the festival and awards.

In addition, Artivist will soon be launching the “Artivist Network” and internet portal for the artistic, activist, and progressive communities nationwide, reaching more than 1 million visitors each week. By combining its annual Artivist Film Festival, Awards, and Internet Portal, Artivist will now offer extensive sponsorship and partnership opportunities to its supporters.

Contact me at eric AT ananimalfriendlylife DOT com to learn more about the partnership and sponsorship opportunities offered by Artivist.

For additional info, and to purchase tickets, visit us on-line.

I hope you'll take a look at the site, mark your calendar, buy tickets or passes, and plan to come out for some great films and conversations, and some great vegan food.
    Last edited by powder; Oct 15th, 2006 at 03:08 AM. Reason: typos

Default Re: 3rd Annual Artivist Film Festival - Nov. 9-12 (Hollywood, CA)

Sounds wonderful! Best of luck with it all...

Thanks! I hope there's some people here local to Southern California, or that might be interested in traveling here to check it out. It's an eye-opening inspiring weekend.

Thanks, Powder, I attended last year and loved it! This year I'll bring some more friends.
    "Animals are my friends... and I don't eat my friends". ~ George Bernhard Shaw.

That would be awesome. Glad you plan to make it.