Thread: Prof Andrew Linzey

Smile Prof Andrew Linzey

On this week's Religion Report on abc radio national, there was a wonderful interview with Prof Linzey. I hadn't thought to listen to the program, but an animal-lover friend rang to tell me how impressed she was. So I went to the radio national website and downloaded the transcript of that interview, and also sent a copy to Vegan Voice as the Prof has done articles there.

In response to questions about animals and the bible, the upshot of what Prof Linzey had to say was that if humans had the care of animals, that does not give them the right to kill and eat the animals. He went into quite a bit of detail, but he was friendly in response to the questions that were obviously meant to shake him. It is really heartening to have an interview with a religious person who brings animal rights into his life. As far as he is concerned, animals have the right to be allowed to live out their lives.
    Eve

Default Re: Prof Andrew Linzey

I could have said that if anyone would like a copy of the interview with the AR professor, I'd be happy to email it to anyone. And I heard from Vegan Voice today that Sienna is hoping to get an article from him for the next issue of the mag.
    Eve