Thread: New Raw Restaurant open in St. Augustine Florida

Default New Raw Restaurant open in St. Augustine Florida

Hi everyone, North Florida has its first "all raw, all organic" restaurant. The name of the restaurant is "Present Moment Cafe" and it is located on 224 W King Street (not too far from Ripley's Believe It Or Not). It is open from 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM Tuesday thru Friday and 5:00 PM - 11:00 PM on Saturday. I have dined at this restaurant and I give it 5 stars (it is that good).

I tried a variety of dishes on the menu so that I could experience what they have to offer. For starters, I had "A Middle East Peace Hummus". This is their raw cashew hummus. It is light with no beans and topped with mint oil and tahini sauce served with fresh veggies and fresh corn chips. The corn chips were awesome. Special note, I sampled the hummus before I took the picture (sorry, I couldn't wait).

I then had a sampler plate with a variety of raw food cuisine. The sampler plate included the following. Some of the items were not listed on the menu.
    Tacos of Life - Pinenut-chile puree, fresh salsa, guacamole in a romaine shell with Coconut Sour Cream and Jalapeno vinaigrette.
    Spaghetti Marinara - Zucchini spaghetti with raw marinara sauce
    Meatloaf - nut based raw loaf with a red sauce
    Vegetable Sushi Maki Roll - Parsnip 'white rice'. Bell Peppers herbs and Avocado rolled in nori and served with a wasabi aioli.

I tried all 3 desserts they had listed on the menu.
    Fresh Fruit Tartlet $6
    Macaroon crusted tartlet with a fresh fruit ginger puree and raspberry coulis.
    Chocolate Marble Torte with Drunken Banana $7
    Raw cacao torte with a kiss of chile and spice, completed with rum poached bananas.
    Blueberry Parfait with Hemp Praline $6
    Vanilla-coconut creme, layered with buckwheat crisp, blueberry compote and sweet hemp praline.

I didn't take a picture of the Fresh Fruit Tartlet (it didn't last long enough for a photo).

I definitely recommend this restaurant. If you do visit this restaurant, please tell Yvette that Dillon, the raw foodist from Tallahassee, told you about it. If you would like to call first, their phone number is (904) 827-4499.

Present Moment Cafe

raw cashew hummus

raw cuisine sampler

Blueberry Parfait with Hemp Praline

Chocolate Marble Torte with Drunken Banana

Default Re: New Raw Restaurant open in St. Augustine Florida

they open right after i moved away from FL! and i used to go to st. augustine all the time... i'll have to go there when i go back to visit. thanks for posting about this, VeganGuy.
    You can't live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you.
    ~John Wooden

DancingWillow, thanks for the reply. You could probably tell your friends who still live in the area about it. I really hope this restaurant does well. It will be an inspiration to raw foodist and potential raw foodist in the area.

i'll try to spread the word, but honestly i don't know people from the st. augustine area. i just used to go there a lot (and not with vegan people).
    You can't live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you.
    ~John Wooden

lucky you - looks great - *drools*

i think ill be making a stop when i go to visit my dad... he lives very near there!
    the aim of life is to live, and to live means to be aware, joyously, dunkenly, serenely, divinely aware.
    -henry miller

Thanks for the tip--sounds like a great companion to my favorite restaurant, The Manatee. Look forward ot eating at both when we're back in FL in April. (With all this snow, wish it were sooner!)

I can't wait to check this place out. Glad to see another Tallahassean.

OMG OMG OMG. sounds amazing!
    “I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.” ~ Alcott

Quote ellaminnowpea View Post
    OMG OMG OMG. sounds amazing!
    It sure does! I can't wait to try it out!
    ~kathy

AH! I go to Flagler College in St. Augustine (I'm less than a mile away!). I walked down there the other day after closing but I am SOO excited to try their food!

paec311

Quote brighteyed View Post
    AH! I go to Flagler College in St. Augustine (I'm less than a mile away!). I walked down there the other day after closing but I am SOO excited to try their food!

Have you tried Present Moment yet?! I have a couple non-vegetarian friends who go to Flagler and they said its pretty good stuff. There's not much for raw/organic restraraunts here in Jacksonville by UNF, I'd be interested to see what that place is like.

Btw, have you been to Fusion Point off of San Marco Ave?? Their spicy tofu sushi is amazing!

I finally found some Jacksonville/Florida people on here. I need to learn how to use the search better.

Present Moment Cafe is EXCELLENT! Anyone who lives around here should go one night and hang out!

The Manatee Cafe has a great vegan french toast (with yummy real maple syrup!) I have not tried it for lunch, but they made lots of juice and they serve agave nectar with your green tea and I think most of the food they buy for the restaurant is organic too!

Anyone up for meeting there one night?