Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Whats your favorite fruit?

Default whats your favorite fruit?

right now mine is oranges. (ive eaten three already ) but i also like watermelon mmmm and strawberries

Edit: To see the original message that was posted with the poll, look at post 47 in this thread.
    Last edited by Korn; Oct 3rd, 2004 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Two threads (one including a poll) merged.

Default difficult to say....

but it may have to be papaya.....mmmmm

Smile

bananas... mmmmmmmmm Now i want one...

Apples
    watermelons
    bananas
    oranges
    grapes (I can't decide between red and green though...)

*drool* yum...(and to continue the trend) ...MmMmMmMmM!!
    E l i z a b e t h

To touch is to heal
    To hurt is to steal
    If you wanna kiss the sky
    Better learn how to kneel

mango, mango and MANGO (and lychees!)

DURIAN (truly the king of fruits), passion fruit, pomello, bananas, avocados, rambutans and many more.... but most of the time end up eating bananas, oranges and apples.
    Kindness is not just for humans.

Definitly watermelon when it's hot out, and bananas all year round!!!

Talking Watermelon

watermelon
    watermelon
    watermelon
    watermelon
    watermelon
    YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!

i say strawberries mmmmmmmmmmm i need some right now!!!

i've just had some with swedish glace ice cream and choc savings all over top ..mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Pineapple

Red face

Of course I love bananas...but I adore mangos, passionfruit - my boyfriend and I go on passionfruit binges, kiwifruit, pineapple, apples, oranges, peaches, all berries, cantaloupe - actually I love them all...except I HATE watermelon and honeydew melon... avocados...mmm avocado and tomato sandwiches are the best...and if I wasn't intolerant to nuts, then peanut butter and banana sandwiches are the bomb!

What about dried fruit? Dried fruit is like lollies - eapecially dates, mango and pineapple. I can eat and eat and eat dried fruit.

Quote newmayaml
    watermelon
    watermelon
    watermelon
    watermelon
    watermelon
    YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LOL
    I like watermelon too, mmmmmmm!!! And oranges in the winter (when they don't taste strange), apples when they don't have a stange taste lol, stawberries.

By the way, if one translates the words in the swedish word for strawberries (2 words) into english it would be earth old man/earth fellow. LOL

Pass the earth fellows please!!!
    Auschwitz begins wherever someone looks at a slaughterhouse and thinks: they're only animals.
    -Theodor Adorno (1903-1969), German Jewish philosopher forced into exile by the Nazis

Earth men, lol
    Auschwitz begins wherever someone looks at a slaughterhouse and thinks: they're only animals.
    -Theodor Adorno (1903-1969), German Jewish philosopher forced into exile by the Nazis

My faves are seedless grapes (red or white), cantaloupe, and mandarin oranges.

^_^

Nice juicy nectarines...

erm... hard to choose. I'm thinking mangos But really I eat more apples and bananas. I looove figs... and strawberries too. Oh and dates. So, somewhere between dates, figs, strawberries, and mangos. I really like apples... and blood red oranges (or any other type of orange), and red grapefruit ... it's hard for me to really pick favorites... I like a variety of things

My fave is paw paw - not only because it tastes so good, but because they are grown locally, as are mangoes and bananas - in fact there's a huge mango tree outside my front door. The tree has been there over 100 years, and its fruit is delicious.

As vegans, we are generally more environmentally conscious than the rest of the population who are 'still asleep'. Therefore, are you able to buy local fruits and vegies, rather than imported where there is so much energy used to drive and fly the produce from one country to another? (I realise that some countries are not so blessed with year round good weather.)

ConsciousCuisine

Anyone here like Durian? Ever heard of it even?

My favorite has to be Young Coconuts! We chop 'em open and drink the mineral-rich water, then scrape out the delicate coconut...Decadent!

I've certainly heard of durian, though there are different varieties. Not keen on the Indonesian varieties. When I was in Thailand, I had durian with sticky rice. Quite delicious. Actually it is sold here where I live, and recently bought a large one at a local market. It brought back sweet memories.

Avocados have to be #1. Followed by bananas,mangos, cherrys, and nectarines. Tomatos too.

i've never heard of durain--what is it????

there's a new asian market that opened up here recently & it has sooo many fruits i've never heard of & wouldn't know what to do with. i got a guava from there--which i'd never had before (not what i expected!) & i'd like to try other new stuff... anyone have a lychee before?

ConsciousCuisine

I encourage you, i like deer, to try out the Asian market's fruits! Lychees are great! It is common to find them sweetened and "jellied" in cans and as ice cream-like treats. They are good fresh too...Durian is an exoitc, spiky, odd-looking, strong smelling "fruit" that grows to be so loarge that when it falls naturally from the trees, it has killed people by landing on their heads! It smells like frsh green onions and sulfur-hell. It is creamy and odd. Jackfruit is another odd-looking fruit that tastes better than durian to me...
    Be Well!

Has anyone tried, or even heard of Goji berries ?

ConsciousCuisine

Yes! Goji berries are a "super food"! They have an amazing nutritional profile and taste good too! They are expensive, however.

I thought you would have cc. I only read about them in a newsletter I received from detox your world, who I bought my juicer from. See here

Dessert gooseberries (the red ones) are my absolute favourite but sadly you can only get them for about 2 days of the year. The good news is that today is one of those days.

A recent scientific report showed that eating blueberries helps to stave off alzheimers disease later on in life. All their experiments were done with frozen blueberries. Even if the experiments prove unsound, eating some blueberries sound good to me

eating some blueberries sound good to me
    Yes it does! Mind you, who needs an excuse?

I have put some blueberry bushes in my garden recently and they are growing, but they don't look right to me. Anyone else growing these?

Spring = strawberries
    Summer = watermelon
    Autumn = muscadines (a mostly southern US grape)
    Winter = tangerines

I used to LOVE dark orange, sweet, juicy apricots but the ones I have had in recent years are dry and tasteless, I guess I have to be boring and say Gala apples.

I have to say Mango. Even though in the fall for a while it is Fuji apples, and whenever navel oranges get to the middle of Illinois I love them. Hearing about all these fruits I love but cannot get in the middle of Illinois makes me so sad. No Guava, Jackfruit, Durian, or Goji berries. And Lychees for only a week during the year, Papayas for a month, Blackberries for the summer. I also like to freeze sliced peaches and bananas. I love blueberries!

Talking

stawberries!!!!!!!!! MMMMMMMMMMMM

Veganmama

blueberries, blackberries, rasberries....mmmmmm berries

I also love manderiens, the liitle ones
    Watermelon
    kiwi fruit
    lemons
    green gapes
    Drool.....

watermelon in summertimes, apples (with cinnamon...mmm) in winter, but also pears, oranges, grapefruits, plums...

Kevster

I guess bananas, but not as much as i used to, proper ripe mangos are lovely, especially if you eat them in thier country of origin.

mmm, so much to choose from...

I would have to say mangoes, I love them, but sadly, here in iceland, tey are expensive and not as good as right off the tree. Blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, actully I love all fruit, except for red apples, and sometimes I get wierd watery oranges wich I don't like. I have been going banana crazy lately, I love anything with banana. banana mango berry... sounds like a new super fruit.
    heh, you can't see this text, can you?
    oh, and shouldn't this be a poll? or did you decide against it because the vast amounts of fruit?
    Last edited by l337_v3g4n_1; Aug 29th, 2004 at 02:37 PM. Reason: I forgot to say something
    People once thought my mother is a nut, but I once thought a nut was my mother! :D

I saw it

well there are so many different fruits, if it was a poll it would be only the basic fruits, and u can see how many exotic ones u all love!

ConsciousCuisine

Gay, you are so silly!
    Yes, I agree. Durian smells funny. When I see people talking about how "sweet" it is, I am like..hmmm, where are you getting YOUR Durian? All the varieties I have tried have been rich, pungent, creamy and oniony. NOT "sweet". I do not care for Durian and if that makes me a naughty raw fooder, than so be it! The Kitchen Witch Has Spoken!

blueberries

golden kiwis (yellow vs green with a citrusy mango-like flavour - higher in VitC than usual kiwis)

passionfruit

other berries

Custard-apple and Chocolate-fruit were unusual but GORGEOUS

Cantalupe melon

Watermelon's awesome. Lately I'm very into peaches, both yellow flesh and that weird flat white flesh variety that's alternately called "Saturn" and "donut".

i've been eating lots of kiwis recently (before that, i had a mango obsession).

In order of awesome-ness:

1 - Strawberries
    2 - Kiwis
    3 - Blueberries
    4 - Bananas
    5 - Watermelon
    "May your life be a reflection of what you believe...be the change you want the world to be". -Ghandi

Default What sort of fruit do you like best?

This is from http://www.thefruitpages.com, what sort of fruit do you tend to eat most of?

- Acid Fruit
    oranges - pineapples - sour apples - sour plums - lemons - grapefruits - sour peaches - limes - tangerines - sour grapes - tomatoes
    These are the most detoxifying fruits and excellent foods. They should be avoided when you have the flu because the body could overreact detoxifying and make you even more sick.
    Some people may have problems with these fruits because of their acid content. The acid though is a healthy and organic nutritional element (for instance: ascorbic acid is vitamin c, found especially in citrus fruits and vegetables).
    Sometimes one type of fruit from this category can irritate a particular part of the body. This can be caused by an allergic reaction caused by cow milk. There is a good chance that after staying away from dairy this reaction disappears.
    - Low-acid Fruit
    apricots - blueberries - huckleberries - strawberries - nectarines - raspberries - blackberries - gooseberries - mangos - elderberries - olives - fresh figs - sweet apples - cherries- sweet peaches - sweet plums - persimmons
    These fruits are less detoxifying than acid fruits and can be handled well in any amount.
    - Sweet Fruit
    dates - sweet grapes - pears - prunes - raisins - dried figs
    Rehydrate dried fruit by soaking it overnight in a jar of water.
    - Melons
    watermelons - cantaloupes - honey dew - galia
    Are like all other fruits excellent food. What's very special about watermelons is that they contain as much iron as spinach. Eat as much of them as you like.
    - Starchy Fruit
    bananas - pumpkins - winter squashes
    Don't eat more than one banana a day if you gain weight easily.
    - Non-starchy Fruit
    cucumber - sweet pepper - zucchini - egg plant - yellow squash
    - Fat containing Fruit
    olives - avocadoes

I eat a lot of dates (but in the context of candy so it doesn't count!), but I would say my most consumed fruit is the tomato - I am guaranteed to eat tomato every single day. So that would be an acid for me. Otherwise, I eat a lot of strawberries and bananas - low acid and starchy.
    Last edited by Korn; Oct 3rd, 2004 at 08:59 AM. Reason: This was the beginning of another thread, now merged with this one

Dfificult to say which I like the best, as I seem to eat from each grouping, eg I like pawpaw, olives & avocado, blueberries, prunes, cucumber, tomatoes.
    Eve

Veganmama

It's really hard to choose just one group. I eat mostly a Raw diet and so eat a wide variety every day

It also depends on the time of year, doesn't it? We eat "acid fruit" all the year round so I voted for that, but we also eat a lot of berries, peaches, plums etc when they're in season. The others are all good too!

This is an interesting article on fruit by raw foodist Frederic Patenaude http://www.fredericpatenaude.com/fruit-article.html
    Eve

ConsciousCuisine

Thanks, Eve. Great link. I am a more veggies than fruit Raw Fooder who is adding more fruits than ever...