Thread: Unhappy vegan homeless in "non-vegan land" during a terrible housing crunch!

Unhappy Unhappy vegan homeless in "non-vegan land" during a terrible housing crunch!

Please forgive me, I don't know if this is appropriate or not. If it's not and needs to be posted elsewhere, please let me know or feel free to post it elsewhere. I'm homeless enduring a terrible housing and financial crisis and I need all the help I can get! Thank you.

Are there any vegans or vegetarians in Gainesville, Florida? I need to move yesterday! My husband and I are trying to find a mobile home on a little bit of private land for low rent for a couple months where we could also park our 28-foot RV motorhome closeby to transition out of it so we can sell or trade it. We've had to live in this tight thing without walls for 2 stinking years! *crying* We really need month and month because we don't want to get stuck in a lease, even short-term. But since this is so difficult to find, we're also interested in renting a room in a house, with a maximum of 2-3 non-smoker quiet kind vegan or vegetarian roommates. We've been vegan for 10 years and strict vegetarian for 15 years and we haven't had to share a fridge with an "omni" or "carni" in many years. I cannot stomach the idea of opening the fridge to get my food and finding dead animal flesh on the shelf! BLECH!!! ICK!!! GROSS!!! *sticking tongue out* We're enduring a terrible painful housing crisis and we're in a painful financial crunch so we're interested in renting from a person who's flexible, understanding and willing to work with us.

We currently live in La Crosse and we urgently need to stop the daily 20-25 minute we currently endure to and from Gainesville everyday. It's killing our gas mpg, our nerves and putting wear and tear on the little old car we have. We must urgently need to move to a much better place and leave the current awful painful spot we're in yesterday. We urgently need walls and I'm tired of having to make special arrangements to use someone's shower or non-toxic washing machine! UGH!!! I'd also like to be able to use a comfortable bathroom indoors. This situation has gotten way old and we need walls! An apartment isn't too bad providing we don't have to sign and get stuck in even a short-term lease and it's like a duplex with few minimal neighbors in a fairly quiet area. *sigh* So, if anyone knows of anything and has a good helpful lead that might help us, please give me a hollar and let me know now. Thank you for your help and for listening. Please email me if you know of anything or knows someone who knows of something. bodyearthself@yahoo.com Thank you.

veganpixie

coney

Default Re: Unhappy vegan homeless in "non-vegan land" during a terrible housing crunch!

Have you looked into campgrounds? You could maybe park there temporarily, and with it being off-season, it might be easy to find a space. Gas prices really suck right now, and it seems anywhere you could go to cut down on that commute is key.

Have you looked on VeganMeetup for other folks in your area?

Good luck with everything. I've never been in that situation, but I'm sure things will work out for you.

Default Re: Unhappy vegan homeless in "non-vegan land" during a terrible housing crunch!

Unfortunately I'm in the wrong continent to be able to help but I wish you all the best at what must be an incredibly stressful time. All the best veganpixie.

PainterLady

I run a vegan art studio. If you were in Phoenix you could live with us. We are 3 vegans and we live in a big house that is an art studio, so it is messy and grungey and very similar to the house in "FightClub". We are totally strict vegans and right in downtown Phoenix.

That sounds amazing *packs bags for Phoenix*

PainterLady

Talking Re: Unhappy vegan homeless in "non-vegan land" during a terrible housing crunch!

You are more than welcome Fiamma! I'm sure I would become very popular with all of my girl friends if you moved in here ! LOL

You could have Lost parties! every week!! lol

PainterLady

Talking Re: Unhappy vegan homeless in "non-vegan land" during a terrible housing crunch!

Hahahah! LOL, Jamie, you're so funny how you have "I'm pretty nuts" written in your profile! LOL

I haven't ever seen Lost though. I thought I heard they ate monkey brains on there so I never watched it.

Quote PainterLady View Post
    I haven't ever seen Lost though. I thought I heard they ate monkey brains on there so I never watched it.
    LOL, no monkey brains on lost. In fact, there's never been a monkey on the show at all. In the first season they did hunt and eat boar & catch fish but now that the storyline has progressed from their basic survival to other things (I won't spoil anything) you don't even see that anymore.

:-( Um, *achem*, pardon me for saying so, but I feel very saddened and disappointed that this important thread I started, expressing my anguish and need for housing and to get help has spread into a bunch of posts of jokes and laughs. The thread started out positive and helpful and I felt some kindness being exuded to me, but then it turned a direction that is totally irrelevant and way off the original topic. I would appreciate your sharing these jokes and comments in another thread separate from mine. Thank you for understanding.

PainterLady

Golly, I just offered my home to you. Sorry.

Sorry, veganpixie. This could happen to anyone (at least here in US! Aren't the majority of Americans a paycheck away from being homeless?..) and I feel your pain right now. It must be an extremely stressful situation, and even though I've never been homeless (I've been very close), I can certainly UNDERSTAND what you are going through. I would help you if i could, but I live in an one bedroom with a husband and a dog in Santa Monica. Hope you'll find a solution and some comfort SOON. My thoughts are with you.
    "Animals are my friends... and I don't eat my friends". ~ George Bernhard Shaw.

I'm sorry VP

I run a vegan art studio. If you were in Phoenix you could live with us. We are 3 vegans and we live in a big house that is an art studio, so it is messy and grungey and very similar to the house in "FightClub". We are totally strict vegans and right in downtown Phoenix.
    That sounds amazing! I would be on the first plane there if i was actually allowed into America.

PainterLady

We would love to have you Zorbed!

Uhh...I've been homeless before and I would have been overly thankful to someone for offering me their vegan home, instead, I was reprimanded and not even thanked.

Quote veganpixie View Post
    :-( Um, *achem*, pardon me for saying so, but I feel very saddened and disappointed that this important thread I started, expressing my anguish and need for housing and to get help has spread into a bunch of posts of jokes and laughs. The thread started out positive and helpful and I felt some kindness being exuded to me, but then it turned a direction that is totally irrelevant and way off the original topic. I would appreciate your sharing these jokes and comments in another thread separate from mine. Thank you for understanding.
    Veganpixie I'm sorry if the thread has gone off topic, but coney and VeganPainterLady have expressed their sympathy and offered support, and you don't say thanks, all you can do is complain. When you posted about the tough time you were having finding a vegan potluck I wrote you a reply in that thread, yet you never posted back. I don't reply to people's posts just to be thanked for it, but to chastise people when a thread goes off topic, without thanking them for taking the time to reply is a bit much.

PainterLady

Also the more people who are on this thread talking keeps your thread up high on the "new post" list enabling many more people to see your plee. I took everyones posts as them daydreaming of you living at my all vegan art studio hanging out and having fun watching Lost or whatever. They were envisioning a brighter future for you. It was all "heart on sleeve" behavior meant to cheer you up. If your post would have been ignored, it would have ended up on page 443.

We would love to have you Zorbed!

Uhh...I've been homeless before and I would have been overly thankful to someone for offering me their vegan home, instead, I was reprimanded and not even thanked.
    It would have been great, i could paint all day and night!

Though i wouldn't be allowed a visa, as i have to apply for one at the American embassy in London because of my illness and also because i have a criminal record too.

Yeah, being homless is crappy. Though luckyly for me one of my friends had a spare room in his flat, not bed or anything but at least it was a roof like.

That sounds like paradise (although I haven't seen "Fight Club").

PainterLady

Hey, if anyone is ever in Phoenix and needs a place to stay while you are in Phoenix, we are here. It is grungey though, an art studios since 1993.

Looks like Veganpixie starts threads, but don't respond back when others are trying to help?.... It was so nice of you, Painterlady, to offer her a place to live. Your place sound so interesting!
    "Animals are my friends... and I don't eat my friends". ~ George Bernhard Shaw.

Seaside

Maybe its hard to have constant access to a computer when you are homeless.

Yes, as a matter of fact, my Internet access is very sporadic and sketchy and it's a true miracle when I can have any access at all. I'll reply to a few privately, but for now I'll just say, Painterlady, thank you for your sweet kind offer. Unfortunately, we're all the way here in North Central Florida, so that would be long distance stretch, but thank you for your kindness. It must be awesome sharing a household with so many cool vegans. Thanks again. *hugs*

Hey, if anyone is ever in Phoenix and needs a place to stay while you are in Phoenix, we are here. It is grungey though, an art studios since 1993.
    I live in Chandler....I don't need a place to stay, but I'd love to come see the place sometime!!!