Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bristol Vegan Fayre 2007

Arrow Bristol Vegan Fayre 2007

BRISTOL VEGAN FAYRE

NEW WEBSITE COMING SHORTLY

Keep up to date with all the news for the 2007 show on the new website www.bristolveganfayre.co.uk

To be held on Saturday and Sunday June 9th and 10th, including an announcement soon on the headline bands (rumours currently circulating that Paul McCartney is doing a ½ hour acoustic set are sadly not true).

The website should be live by mid November.

Stalls can be booked from Mid November too – contact Yaoh for details.

NB For more info about meeting up, see the UK Meetup forum, which you may need to subscribe to via the user control panel and group memberships.
    Last edited by flutterby; May 10th, 2007 at 12:23 PM. Reason: adding uk meet up thread info

Default Re: New Bristol Vegan Fayre website

It's not free entry next year!
    "Do what you can with what you have where you are."
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Im sure Il be there for the weekend its in the diary already!

Alison

Sweet. Hopefully I can book my holiday without clashing with the festival this time!

Default Re: Vegan Bristol, Bristol vegans, being vegan in Bristol

The Bristol Vegan Fayre 2007 looks amazing the website is now up and its a two day event with bands I will def be going next year.
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams

Oooo it looks fun, and The Beat are playing too! (haven't seen them in years) Hopefully I'll be able to get there.

As well as The Beat, Manchester guitar band Puressence have confirmed their appearance at the Bristol Vegan Fayre 2007.

More info at www.bristolveganfayre.co.uk

Me and hubby will be there - he is Wonderpig!!

Monday xx

I will be there helping on the day.
    For those of you in the Bristle and South West areal, we really need your help! I know many of you are tied up with holiday plans at the moment, but if you have time, have a look at the website:
    www.bristolveganfayre.co.uk

Default Re: Bristol Vegan Fayre 2007 ( new website )

The January news about the fayre is now on the fayre website above.

I would love to make it to the Bristol Vegan Fayre. Can anybody recommend vegan friendly accomodation in the area? Are there places where people will be meeting up?

Thanks

We will definitely be meeting up somewhere but don't expect me to be that organised this far in advance!!
    - Theodore Roosevelt

If you have a look at the Bristol Vegan website(link is the middle one on Gertvegan's signature) there should be some info on accomadation in Bristol.

There's lots of campsites and it's nice and warm around that time of year, that's probably what I'll be doing.
    "I don't want to live on this planet any more" - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Quote RedWellies View Post
    We will definitely be meeting up somewhere but don't expect me to be that organised this far in advance!!
    It will probably involve a pub or restaurant

Thanks! Camping sounds like fun. I am going to try and fit it in with days off, so I've got to think ahead. Hope to meet you.

The fayre may well get a mention along with the Yaoh hemp Milkmaker, hemp, and the Yaoh 007 Vegan Organic Awards on TV tomorrow, Wednesday 17 Jan at 12.30 – 1.30 pm on UKTV food (sky channel 259) in ‘Great Food Live’.

Me and Suzi have been wondering if you would like an hour or two voluntry help at the fayre ? If so who do we get in touch with, we would also like to Enjoy the Fayre and have a good look around as well. Send me a PM if you read this if not I will email you.

Snaffler, and anyone else who is up for helping, please get in touch with Yaoh (or timbo) via the contact us on www.bristolveganfayre.co.uk Any other questions or queries about the fayre should also be to Yaoh.

The stall holders attending have been updated on the website, including Viva! and the V V F, sponsors updated, entertainment updated, including Simon Kohli and Mr Brett from Swamp Circus - Acrobat and Clown Extraordinaire, speakers updated, including Andrew Knight from Animals Count, and demos updated, including Margery Dawes FatFighters demo, and more.

ph63228

i think we should find a nice hotel and book the place out, an entire hotel full of vegans :P thats one big party lol

I gather there is a bit of concern over hotel accomodation and availability?

I have booked the Ramada Plaza - on a lot of sites this is way over £100 but on www.superbreaks.com it is £45.50 a room b&b 4 star hotel with a pool and gym etc...£3.50 parking too. There are other hotels some by the motorway £51-£100+ a room sleeps 1-4. The Travelodge had £26 on the Sunday night (£49 the Sat) On superbreaks - you have to put Bristol in the destinations box and dates it will bring up a list of whats available.

I dont think the cheap rates will be about for long so many people will be in town that weekend

So if anyone fancies a meal later on the Sat - after the bands and a few beers?

Nice to think Il get to be there both days

Alison - It's great to know you'll be there!
    I am still needing a team of stewards for the fayre. There is small amount of money to pay people and you will get into the fayre free. Each steward would need to commit to at least one 6 hour shift on both days.
    There will also be tombola stalls running which need people to work on them. Slightly less responsibility and maybe more opportunity for chit chat!
    If people are interested, please can they PM me.
    Gert vegan is taking a well deserved break this year.

What's the music that comes up when you go on the website? It's great!
    - Theodore Roosevelt

it's not playing any music for me
    'The word gorilla was derived from the Greek word Gorillai (a "tribe of hairy women")'

How strange!
    - Theodore Roosevelt

I'm not sure who the music is by, I think you can choose to have it on or off - I will try to find out who it is.
    I haven't had ANYONE contact me to say they can be a steward or helper as yet. Seriously guys, we need your help!
    I now have job descriptions for both stewards and helpers. The event is massive this year and the outdoor location means a change in regulations including the legal requirement for stewards.

This is the reply regarding the music on the website:

I saw on the forum some interest in the music on the site

For those who are interested, the first two months (Nov and Dec 06) it was ‘Do it Now’ (Dubtribe SoundSystem)’ then the last two months (jan and feb 07) its been Paul Oakenfold’s first ever toon from 1987, the rare and highly sort after ‘Jibaro’ (come on let’s go), and for March the current toon is ‘Love is’ by Danny Kravitz. For those who are not hearing the toon, try reentering the web address (www.bristolveganfayre.co.uk) without .htm after the address, that might bring it up

New toon going up for April – another rare classic groove from the House of Timbo

www.yaoh.co.uk

www.bristolveganfayre.co.uk

Email: info@yaoh.co.uk

Tel: 0117 9239053

Super Vegetarian Sir Paul McCartney to Head Line-up of Vegan Stars to Play at the 5th International Bristol Vegan Fayre

The World's most famous vegan, Ex Beatle Sir Paul McCartney (64) (sponsored by Red bull - gives you wings) is to headline a host of vegan stars (sponsored by supergreen vegetarian cosmetics company Lush) at the International ethical living festival at the 5th Bristol Vegan Fayre in the heart of Bristol on the 9th & 10th June. thanks to Harvey Goldsmith.

Bristol, UK (PRWEB) April 1, 2007 -- The World's most famous vegetarian, Ex-Beatle Paul McCartney (64) (sponsored by Red bull - gives you wings) is to sing "We all live in a yellow aubergine" and headline a host of vegan stars at the International ethical living festival at the 5th Bristol Vegan Fayre in the heart of Bristol on the 9th & 10th June.

Other well known veggie stars (sponsored by Supergreen Vegetarian Cosmetics company Lush Cosmetics ) include Coldplay's Chris Martin singing sonny and cher number " I got you babe" with his wife Gwyneth Paltrow, M People Heather Small singing the UK Olympic bid anthem, Moby performing with David Bowie performing a vegan version of 'Old McDonalds had a Factory Farm', Bryan Adams in a duet with vegan rock chick Avril Lavigne singing 'Everything I do I do it for you', and Annie Lennox and Morrisey performing a disco version of 'Meat is Murder'. Legendary 80's political reggae rockers The Beat will also be playing no doubt singing "Stand Down Tony!" rather than their massive early 80's hit 'Stand Down Margaret '(Thatcher)

Following health problems legendary rock promoter and event manager Harvey Goldsmith has given his services for free to pull all these stars together for the vegan event of the year.
    Bristol Vegan fayre organiser Paul D'Uverwun (69) said " When Harvey phoned offering free help to raise the profile of healthy vegan diets we just assumed it was someone impersonating him"

Tim Barford from Hemp food company Yaoh the main sponsor of the event said " I still can't believe all these stars are playing at our Vegan festival - We have doubled in size since last year and the Festival is in a better bigger location and over a whole weekend and have seemingly achieved what many considered to be the impossible. Despite all that I won't believe all these people are playing until I see them on the day."

Sir Paul McCartney's late wife's company Linda McCartney Foods, now owned by Hain Europe , is said to have offered free vegan sausages for all the expected 20,000 visitors, and a host of other top vegetarian companies are clamouring to be involved. But even vegans still need to make healthy choices, and the vegan food on offer will be vetted by leading Harley Street Nutritionist Yvonne Bishop-Weston who said "The theme of this show is about ethics, sustainability and health - unfortunately some leading vegetarian products are still currently made with hydrogenated fat which doesn't fit in with that theme."

A spokesperson from The Vegan Society Mr Joe King (35) said today " A line up of world class celebrity stars like this is sure to bring in the crowds and help us towards our target of doubling the number of Vegans by the World Vegan day 2007 on November the first"

Vegetarian Society representative from Bristol Miss Ida Nboleevit (16) " The vegetarian society has been trying to arrange a concert with a line up like this for over 150 years - we take our hats off to The Vegan Society who have done it in only 63 years"

Harvey Goldsmith is rumoured to have pulled off the star studded line up for this event by sending a hamper of the latest hype foods to catch celebrity favour including hemp oil, hemp seeds, hemp protein powder and a free hemp milk maker to all the stars involved generously donated by Yaoh Hemp foods.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2007/4/prweb515583.htm

Quote gertvegan View Post
    Bristol, UK (PRWEB) April 1, 2007 -- The World's most famous vegetarian, Ex-Beatle Paul McCartney (64)
    He's going 65 the week after the fayre, so if someone's going to sing his own "When I'm 64" (written when he was 16, and released 40 years ago) for him, they better hurry up!

Other well known veggie stars (sponsored by Supergreen Vegetarian Cosmetics company Lush Cosmetics ) include Coldplay's Chris Martin singing sonny and cher number " I got you babe" with his wife Gwyneth Paltrow, M People Heather Small singing the UK Olympic bid anthem, Moby performing with David Bowie performing a vegan version of 'Old McDonalds had a Factory Farm', Bryan Adams in a duet with vegan rock chick Avril Lavigne singing 'Everything I do I do it for you', and Annie Lennox and Morrisey performing a disco version of 'Meat is Murder'. Legendary 80's political reggae rockers The Beat will also be playing no doubt singing "Stand Down Tony!" rather than their massive early 80's hit 'Stand Down Margaret '(Thatcher)
    Wait, the press release is dated April 1st.......
    I will not eat anything that walks, swims, flies, runs, skips, hops or crawls.

Quote gertvegan View Post
    Bristol Vegan fayre organiser Paul D'Uverwun (69)

A spokesperson from The Vegan Society Mr Joe King (35)

Vegetarian Society representative from Bristol Miss Ida Nboleevit (16) "
    Heehee, nice one Gert
    Blackadder: Baldrick, have you no idea what irony is?
    Baldrick: Yes, it's like goldy and bronzy only it's made out of iron.

The list of stallholders seems to have grown since I looked last, clives pies, sam smiths, sheese, fresh and wild ....... see http://www.bristolveganfayre.co.uk/stallholders.htm

Kevster

And cafe Kino there too, if i pop along, it'll save quite a few journeys visiting out and about.

That is one good list of stallholders, have never tried a shakeaway! - I need to start saving up for spends I think!

The world's first headless, brainless, vegetarian, vegan, fishless fish bred by Swiss Scientists.

There are plans to launch the fish at the International ethical living festival at the 5th Bristol Vegan Fayre on June 9th & 10th in Bristol City’s new waterside development.

Read the article here.

I'm guessing that's a joke?
    - Theodore Roosevelt

What makes you think that? I thought there was a Vegan Society spokesman called Joe King.

Because the date was April 1st and the article made my skin crawl.
    Last edited by RedWellies; May 3rd, 2007 at 02:46 PM. Reason: spelling
    - Theodore Roosevelt

The programme is now available to download from www.bristolveganfayre.co.uk

Quote RedWellies View Post
    Because the date was April 1st and the artical made my skin crawl.
    I dunno, I thought it was quite amusing. I especially like the way they transcribed the "swiss scientist's" quoted words with z's instead of th's

Unhappy Re: Bristol Vegan Fayre 2007 info thread - programme now downloadable

Has anyone seen the advert for BVF in the latest issue of The Big Issue (the south west edition carried it)? It's the festivals edition.

It comes across like it's trying to be more of a mainstream music festival rather than a festival for vegans. (It only mentions vegan twice; once in the list of sponsors - The Vegan Society - and once in the web address.)

I do hope this doesn't mean that it'll be full of meatheads complaining about the lack of burger vans and taking the pss out of us and our lifestyle. I want to go there to be with other vegans, not omnis. I realise we should try to get our views across to other folks but I don't know if advertising it so it comes across as a music festie is the best way to do this.

see BVF advert in the festivals edition of The Big Issue

Default Re: Bristol Vegan Fayre 2007 info thread - programme now downloadable

Looks to me like it might just be the venues advertising as have seen other posters with a different emphasis - hopefully there will be enough vegans there for it to feel like a predominantly vegan gathering - or if not that there will be a mass conversion to veganism!
    'Spring will soon pounce [like a floppy kitten]'. Whalespace.

As part of the team involved in Bristol Vegan Fayre, I hope I can clarify a little.
    Bristol Vegan fayre intends to be far too large an event to be supported by the attendance of only vegans. We are proud to have an open arms policy and I personally will be delighted if lots of people who are NOT vegan come along an enjoy themselves with us. Hopefully, it will be a beutifully sunny day and lots of people will be around the area, hear the music and come and find out what it's all about.
    The difference between this and any other (non vegan)event is that we are going to great lengths to ensure that all products sold and sampled within the fayre are vegan. It is also organised and promoted by dedicated local vegans and their friends and families as well as big help from vegans around the country and sponsorship from vegan and vegan friendly companies. There are many talks by vegans on vegan nutrition, vegan bodybuilding, vegan cookery demos, vegan and animal welfare campains.... the program I have here is so extensive, I can't fit it all in!
    If you're worried about trouble makers, as gate manager, I can assure you that I won't be admitting anyone who's out to cause trouble. There will also be security staff and stewards around site to help.
    While I'm on the subject, we really really need more stewards and helpers urgently and like, right now! I'm not talking about volenteering, I'm talking about paid work! If we don't get enough people to work, the fayre can't run.
    So get in contact.

Do you know where to find the hundreth monkey?

or how to invoke the hundreth monkey syndrome?

More info here.

Kevster

Had a flick through the programme today, looks right good.

Hoping to get down there for the week-end with a few people. Yaoh do loads to support vegan fayres across the country and various events, from raw food to horse and pony sanctuary open days to the good old vegan fayres.

Looking forward to getting down there and doing a bit to repay the support. Along with slinging up some posters and fliers this way and promoting their stuff.

Major Summer Offensive: Over 25 Vegan Organisations Form Super Team to Turn Everyone Into Vegetarians

Hold onto your BBQ's - Top UK vegetarian and vegan NGOs in the UK are joining forces this summer to create a formidable team to promote the benefits of a vegan lifestyle, it's lighter carbon footprint, veganism's solution for cruelty free sustainable living and to double the number of vegans in the UK by the end of the year. They want to change the way we eat and the status quo whether we like it or not.

(PRWEB) May 26, 2007 -- The top UK vegetarian and vegan NGOs in the UK have joined forces to create a formidable team to promote the benefits of a vegan lifestyle, it's lighter carbon footprint, veganism's solution for cruelty free sustainable living and to double the number of vegans in the UK by the end of the year.

The Vegan diet has already enjoyed unprecedented media coverage this year, not just highlighting traditional issues such as the health benefits, but also the environmental benefits. Veganism has also featured prominently in recent stories in the fashion pages as vegan eco-chic becomes the top 'it' of 2007. As US and UK students apply their ethics to their research new evidence is surfacing on diet, nutrition and health and measures for preventative medicine in the footsteps of Hippocrates ("let medicine by thy food....").

Yaoh Hemp products, the organisers and main sponsors of The 5th Bristol Vegan Fayre have gathered together an impressive line up of vegetarian and vegan organisations from around the UK. The super-vegan dream-team list includes The Vegan Society, Viva!, PeTA, Animal Aid, The Vegetarian and Vegan Foundation, BUAV, Sea Shepherd, The Fresh Network, Europeans for Medical Progress Trust, CAPS, The Monkey Sanctuary Trust, The Movement for Compassionate Living, Protect Our Wild Animals, Southern Animal Rights Coalition (SARC), SPEAK, SHAC, HSA, Vegetarian Guides, Vegan Organic Network, Greek Animal welfare Trust, Animals Asia, International Aid for Korean Animals, Avon Wildlife Trust and the new political party for animal rights Animals Count

Other groups represented at The Vegan Festival include Amnesty International, Bristol City Council Waste Services and the British College of Osteopathic Medicine (BCOM)

Tim Barford the man who started The Bristol Vegan Fayre five years ago said "It's great to see everyone coming together to create a really loud voice to highlight the sustainable living and ethical lifestyle benefits that veganism has to offer"

He says it wouldn't have been possible without the magnificent support from the local council, the Bristol Tourist Board and some of the top independent players in the UK vegetarian food Industry. Yet again Barford has gathered an impressive list.

The line up of sponsors includes vegan food manufacturers such as Vegan BBQ kings Frys Foods, grand master impressionists Redwood Foods, Bute Island Scheese, dairy free Willy Wonkas Plamil Foods, Nutiva Hemp Foods and Queen of raw food Shazzie from Detox Your World. Essential Trading, Suma, Harvest and Marigold represent the independent health food trade along with vegetarian lifestyle magazine Lifescape and local Bristol rag The Spark.

Supergreen vegetarian cruelty free bath bomb inventors, Lush Cosmetics, join the Bristol Vegan Fayre line up for the first time alongside Scottish organic natural skincare and natural make-up company Lavera.

The wild card sponsor is Shakeaway the company that has revolutionised the milkshake concept and now offer more dairy free vegan milkshake flavours than you can shake a stick at (let alone a cow)

With this awesome line up you can't help but share in their optimism that critical mass has finally be reached and that veganism really has come of age. The whole thing is even planned to be broadcast live, worldwide, over the internet and mobile phone networks via the vegetarian TV station www.veggievision.com

Contacts
    Tim Barford is a celebrated Hempologist and founder of Yaoh Hemp foods, products and cosmetics. Responsible for The Vegan Guide to Bristol , and what promises to be the world's biggest ever Vegan Fayre.

Tel: +44 (0)117 9239053 Email: info @ yaoh.co.uk web: www.yaoh.co.uk

http://www.bristolveganfayre.co.uk

the article is here

A subject not posted much apart from Kev and Paul above who I know will be at BVF who else is coming along ? New faces old faces.

By the way is the whole event outdoor this year.

Paws crossed for sun sun sun...

I'm crossing my paws for all you lucky people who are going, hope you have a brilliant weekend

Quote jaydog View Post
    A subject not posted much apart from Kev and Paul above who I know will be at BVF who else is coming along ? New faces old faces.
    Mr Jaydog, if you join the UK Meet Up area, you will be able to find out who is going to be there!!!
    - Theodore Roosevelt

I have only a few hemp Bristol Vegan Fayre t-shirts left (like the one redwellies is sporting in her profile) if anyone fancies one, for a bargain £8. The only sizes I have are XL black (with back print), XL green, L ladies blue, and M green ladies.

If you would like one, pm me, and I'll bring them to the fayre on Saturday.

Yaoh may have more??