Thread: All States celebrations

Talking All States celebrations

NSW - The Vegan Society of NSW end of year celebrations will be at Harvest Restaurant, 71 Evans St, Rozelle at 7pm on Saturday 9 December. Balmain's best vege restaurant with lots of vegan options. We'll order off the menu, so you pay for what you eat. Bookings essential - leave details on 02 9544 3328 or email info@vegansocietynsw.com. All welcome!

Victoria - Vegans Unite/Vegetarian Network - celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, the Summer Solstice, or simply the end of an exciting year at the combined Vegans Unite! and Vegetarian Network Victoria Buffet Banquet on Saturday, 16 December. It's an all-you-can-eat vegan buffet at Enlightened Cuisine, 113 Queensbridge Street, Southbank at 7pm. To give this banquet a sense of celebration, guests are asked to wear formal attire. A great introduction for omnivores to the wonders of animal-free food, so bring your non-veggie friends: all welcome!

Qld Vegetarian/Vegan Society
    End of year social dinner will be held at Govinda's Restaurant, 99 Elizabeth St, Brisbane at 7pm on Saturday 9 December. Finger food to start, then a 5-course dinner. RSVP before 2/12 to 3300 9320, cost $25 per person.

South Australia Vegetarian Action invites you to their end of year dinner and informal evening in the company of like-minded people over the scrumptious flavours of Sprout Restaurant, 39 Hindmarsh Square, Adelaide. All welcome! RSVP by 27/11 to info@vegetarianaction.org.au.

Western Australia Vegans Unite are holding a Christmas picnic on Saturday 16 December, for more information contact Craig at cd39@eon.net.au.

ACT Vegetarian Society Christmas picnic will be on Sunday 17 December from 12 noon at the Australian National Botanic Gardens, Clunies Ross St, Acton. Meet on the lawns in front of Hudson’s Café for a picnic lunch. Bring food and drinks to share, or, if you forget, you can pick up a roll or a snack and drinks from the café. Enjoy a relaxing few hours with fellow vegetarians and vegans. Children definitely welcome. For more info email rsvp@vegetariansociety.org.au.

Above info gleaned from www.crueltyfreeshop.com.au
    Eve

Default Re: All States celebrations

Thanks for that eve!

Well I hope you manage to go to the Melbourne one. I live too far from the capital cities to take part, but my thoughts are there with you lucky people!
    Eve

I'll be going, I've just got to convince a friend to come along, hate going to these social advents by myself I'm sure I can drag someone along... Maybe a non-vegan, and show them the light!!! mmm... now I'm thinking!
    I do feel for you beening so far away...It must be tough.

Queensland - The Vegan/Vegetarian Society of Queensland are holding their monthly social dinner on Saturday the 24th of February from 7pm at Tian Ran Restaurant, Shop 8, 2462 Gold Coast Highway, Mermaid Beach. The meal will be banquet style and the cost is $22 per person. Please RSVP by 17/2 by calling (07) 3300 9320. Non-members are very welcome.

Victoria - VNV (Vegetarian Network Victoria) invites you to their next social dinner to be held on Saturday 3 March from 7.30pm at Vegetarian Nirvana Cafe, 486 Bridge Road, Richmond. Everyone is welcome to attend our relaxed and informal social events, whether vegetarian, vegan, or non-vegetarian, we would love to see you! RSVP to Sandy on 0402 253979 or via email social.dinners@vnv.org.au by 16/2.

Cruelty Free Living Festival 2007, Sydney - After the huge success of the inaugural Cruelty Free Living Festival (almost 2000 people attended!) Animal Liberation has decided to make the festival an annual event, so put Sunday the 4 November in your diary. The festival will be even bigger and better this year; with more stalls, more great food, entertainment, workshops and films. If anyone would like information about sponsoring the festival or having a stall please email jessica@crueltyfreeshop.com.au or phone 0400 823 030.
    Eve