Thread: Vegan Vittles is my favorite cookbook!

PainterLady

Default Vegan Vittles is my favorite cookbook!

MY all time favorite cookbook is Joanne Stepaniak's, Vegan Vittles. The pumpkin pie, mac and cheese, messy mikes, the carrot cake with creem cheeze frosting and especially the Southern Fried Tofu blows me, my husband and our guests away everytime!
    My second favorite is the uncheese cookbook by Joanne with the vegan chhezecake I always mention. YummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!! !!

Anyhoo, Jamie, Vegan Vittles Rocks!!!! It is a great cookbook with a comfort food theme! It has recipes for Pecan Sticky Buns, Sour Cream Streusel Coffee Cake, Pumpkin Pie, Date and Nut bread, Crock Cheeze, Onion lovers' chip dip, Cheddary Cheeze Soup, French Onion Soup, Elegant Broccoli Bisque, Chuckwagon Stew, Stick to your Ribs Chili, Antipasto, Fiesta Coleslaw, Messy Mikes (compare to sloppy joes), Grilled Cheeze Sandwiches, Kale and Kraut Sandwiches, Lox and Bagels, Gyros, Quiche, Not Your Mama's Meatloaf, Pot Roast, BBQ style Braised short Ribbbs, Setan and Mushroom Stroganoff, Pilgrim Pie, Tunisian Cream Sauce, Cheezecake praline tarts, Lemon Cloud Pie, Pumpkin Pie, Fudge Brownies, Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, spice cake, Carrot Cake, Orange "buttermilk" Sherbert, Rich Fudge Frosting, Creme Cheeze Frosting, Sea foam Icing, and Frozen Maple Custard. __________________

Default Re: Vegan Vittles is my favorite cookbook!

** adds to christmas list**

PainterLady

You won't regret it. There are a few short stories at the beginning of the book. Those are the stories I began reading as a "vegetarian looking into veganism", by the time I was done reading those short stories I was vegan in my heart and soul!

inkedmiss

I am a cookbook "collector" so will definately check this one out too.

This is one of my faves too. I mark all the recipes I make out of my cookbooks with little post-its, and this book along with La Dolce Vegan have far more than the others.

what is the southern fried tofu like? sounds nice, it is a bit like KFC flavouring?

Quote jamboxrock View Post
    This is one of my faves too. I mark all the recipes I make out of my cookbooks with little post-its, and this book along with La Dolce Vegan have far more than the others.
    Be careful in a decade when the sticky has worn off and they all fall out when you pick the book up

I use pencil and do love hearts and suggestions for next time etc

PainterLady

Yeah, me thinks it is like KFC. (hard to remember though) It is so good and everyone, even meat eaters like it when I make it. *mouth watering*