Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Tesco

Default Re: Tesco

Quote Frosty View Post
    Maybe more of us should get in touch. If they see enough of a demand for the product to become vegan, there is more of a chance something will be done about it. Supply and demand, and all that
    I agree Frosty. I for one am always sending Tesco emails..............I'm sure they're sick of me by now!
    I like Sandra, she keeps making me giggle. Daft little lady - Frosty

I dont think our individual emails are having much impact, maybe we should all email them on the same day & time to show them how many of us want vegan products in their stores?

That might just look like one person had created a load of different e-mail addresses though.
    "If you don't have a song to sing you're okay, you know how to get along humming" Waltz (better than fine) - Fiona Apple

OK I am on glass 3 of the Sauvignon Blanc!

I just had a horrid experience at Tesco, I went to one of their largest stores and found quite a few new vegan products:

Tapas Roasted Vegetables In Tomato Sauce ( not labelled vegan- they also have a veg paella and a potato bravas in the same section with sherry in so I'm not sure of their suitability)
    Good Life hemp milk
    Broadbean & asparagus houmous, Rosemary & Thyme houmous - not labelled vegan but seem to be
    Hale & hearty rice cakes
    Tesco own brand soya yogurt - which is not labelled as vegan so I refused to buy it

The horrific part was that on the way out some woman had a stall advertising safari's and she had a table covered with animal skins and a skeleton.

I have made a complaint to Tesco firstly about this, secondly about them not labeling obviously vegan soya yogurt (which I think is rebranded Alpro anyway) and thirdly while I was writing the complaint I also moaned about having to walk past people nagging for charity donations - I give lots of money to charity, but I refuse to be bullied into it (especially when it is for charities that I dont like).

Quote Glen Lambert View Post
    They said both of their bakes contain milk. Here is their email:

Dear Glen Lambert Thank you for your email I am sorry to have to tell you that neither bakes are suitable for Vegans as they both have skimmed milk in the coating. We are constantly reviewing our products and seeing how we can improve them. I will put this point forward at our next production meeting. Many thanks Jackie Harrison Office Supervisor Lockwoods Ltd * Tel: 01773 857435 * Fax: 01773 857467 * Mob: 07824 893252 * Email: jackie@lockwoodgrp.co.uk
    I have been emailing them and have also confirmed they are not Vegan. They didn't respond to my initial email, so I sent it again. They confirmed that they are not vegan because of egg being in them, I then asked if they have egg in why does it state on the pack they are egg free.
    They then apologized and said they contain milk, I then asked why the pack says they are milk free. They asked if I was talking about the breaded or battered, I confirmed it was the breaded and they didn't respond. I sent the email again and they didnt respond.
    I have just been to Tesco and mysteriously they have all been restocked them with new packing that stated it contains milk.
    I'm going to carry on emailing them until I get a response.

Wow, that's pretty bad!
    "If you don't have a song to sing you're okay, you know how to get along humming" Waltz (better than fine) - Fiona Apple

Vegan list June-August 2011

http://www.scribd.com/doc/60718202

Quote Risker View Post
    Vegan list June-August 2011

http://www.scribd.com/doc/60718202
    Thanks Risker
    Houmous atá ann!

I know it's winter but these ice lollies are really good - http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Produ.../?id=267980708
    "I don't want to live on this planet any more" - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

I've tried them as well. I agree they are very nice.

Tesco have some new frozen products from Cauldron - 1 of them is vegan (from the ingredients list anyway). The Aduki Bean Kiev, I tried one last night and it was delicious - they have a curry flavour with mango chutney in the middle.

leedsveg

Quote Firestorm View Post
    Tesco have some new frozen products from Cauldron - 1 of them is vegan (from the ingredients list anyway). The Aduki Bean Kiev, I tried one last night and it was delicious - they have a curry flavour with mango chutney in the middle.
    We've had them twice and quite like them. The only problem we found is that the chutney tends to leak out during cooking.

Lv

Oooh, that didn't happen to me - I think I have a bad oven, it doesn't get as hot as it should - maybe you could try a lower temperature for longer?

Not real name!

Quote leedsveg View Post
    the 'chutney' tends to leak out during 'cooking'.
    Story of my life!

The company does not list them as being Vegan on their website, but I emailed this morning and they confirmed that they are

leedsveg

Went to the local Tesco yesterday and large tins of toffees/chocolates were £10 each. Last week they were £5 and about 3 weeks ago, £4.50.

Dick Turnip* rides again methinks.

Leedsveg

*he was a famous vegan highwayman

Just noticed it lists Oak Lane products, didn't realise that was a Tesco brand.

leedsveg

Thanks Risker.

Leedsveg

I just got this email from Tesco;

'Our loose lemons are usually waxed. There are various wax types but the most common wax ingredient is the Carnauba Wax. This is a natural polymer produced from the Canauba palm tree grown in northeast Brazil, Carnauba wax is also used in other food products such as sweets and also on Apples.

Whilst wax is used on citrus to give an attractive skin finish, it also acts as a preservative to increase shelf life and helps prevent moisture loss.
    Other wax ingredients used are Shellac which is commonly used as a food glaze'
    They do sell packs of specifically unwaxed lemons but I only wanted one or two, hence why I asked.

My local Tesco store has Cauldron Aduki Bean Kievs on offer at 1/2 price @ £1.14 per pack of 2. According to the shelf label, this offer runs into March. I love these, and will be stocking up my freezer at this price!

Their Thai Bites are also 1/2 price, but, unfortunately, they are not vegan, only vegetarian.

Massive massive avalanche of vegan treats has dropped in my local Tesco (Walsgrave, Coventry).
    All in its very own Chilled Isle.
    The Triangular shapes in a net bag are mini desert shakes (thick shakes)

Full List:

Tesco Free From Soya Alternative CherryYogurt 4x100g
    Tesco Free From Sweetened Soya 1l
    Tesco Free From Soya Vanilla Dessert 4x100g
    Tesco Free From Unsweetened Soya 1l

Tesco Free From Soya Chocolate Dessert 4x100g
    Tesco Free From Chocolate Coconut Milk Drink 1l
    Tesco Free From Soya Creme Caramel Dessert 4x100g
    Tesco Free From Coconut Milk Drink 1l
    Tesco Free From Soya Chocolate Dessert on the go 5x65ml
    Tesco Free From Red Cheddar Style 227g
    Tesco Free From Soya Vanilla Dessert on the go 5x65ml
    Tesco Free From Creamy Cheddar Style Spread 255g
    Tesco Free From Soya Alternative Mango Yogurt 4x100g
    Tesco Free From Creamy Original Style Spread 255g
    Tesco Free From Soya Alternative Mixed Berries Yogurt 450g
    Tesco Free From Raspberry Jelly 160g
    Tesco Free From Soya Alternative Natural Yogurt 500g
    Tesco Free From Passion Fruit Jelly 160g

Tesco Free From Soya Alternative Peach Yogurt 4x100g
    Tesco Free From Creamy Style Garlic & Herb Spread 255g
    Tesco Free From Soya Alternative Raspberry Passion Yog 4x100g
    Tesco Free From Creamy Style Sweet Chilli Spread 255g
    Tesco Free From Organic Rice Drink Org Calcium 1l
    Tesco Free From Mild Cheddar Style 227g
    Tesco Free From Almond Drink 1l
    Tesco Free From Soya Spread 500g
    Tesco Free From Hazelnut Drink 1l
    Tesco Free From Sunflower Spread 500g

Are they nice? I will look out for them in my store.

The chocolate and caramel deserts are nice, if a little sweet.
    Ive not tried anything else yet..

Has anyone got the vegan list from Tesco yet? I emailed them as their current one is due to be updated from the end of Feb and they haven't replied to me yet.

Quote verdeleaf View Post
    Has anyone got the vegan list from Tesco yet? I emailed them as their current one is due to be updated from the end of Feb and they haven't replied to me yet.
    I was sent it today, If you PM me your email address will forward it on to you.

Hi Charlie, could you send it to me as well? I'll PM you my e-mail address now.

I bought most of these today hehe can't wait to try them

Quote bignige View Post
    Massive massive avalanche of vegan treats has dropped in my local Tesco (Walsgrave, Coventry).
    All in its very own Chilled Isle.

Tesco Free From Red Cheddar Style 227g
    Tesco Free From Creamy Original Style Spread 255g
    Just a quick update - the cheeses mentioned above are absolutely RANC!!!
    They have this awful sweet smell/taste about them. AVOID!!!!

yeah they've got the new free-from range in my tesco (in a tiny section in one of the fridges - i nearly walked past it!)

i bought the creamy cheese spread didn't fancy anything else. i might try their cheese when i've used up all my sheese i've got in the house already.

bought some ryvita to spread it on, will prob try it out tonight

God, there HAS to be a universal symbol for vegetarian and vegan that legally must be on all packaged foods. I never know what "V" even means anymore. At work (vegetarian restaurant) we use it to mean vegan, but most other places (restaurants especially) use it to mean vegetarian and there's no differentiation between vegan and veggie. Arghhh.

To anyone who's interested: Tesco recently emailed me the entire list of vegan products they stock, so I can pass it on to whoever wants. (I also have the wine one from 2011).

EDIT: Just noticed a load of comments above asking for the recent list, how weird. They sent it to me on the 4th of Feb. 2012 so I'm guessing it's not the most recent one - sorry!

Hi Louise, would you mind sending me the Tesco list please? Many thanks

Quote LouiseAbel View Post
    To anyone who's interested: Tesco recently emailed me the entire list of vegan products they stock, so I can pass it on to whoever wants. (I also have the wine one from 2011).
    I would love a copy of the wine one if you don't mind please

Tesco have Hale & Hearty dark chocolate vegan flapjacks - http://www.halenhearty.co.uk/our_ran...ck_supersnack/

I have tried several items from their new 'Free From' range. More by luck than judgement as far as actually finding the stuff is concerned. It is tucked away at the back of beyond, well away from the Alpro stuff, almost as if it's in quarantine. The staff were also blissfully unaware of its existence, let alone location

Firstly the 'cheese'. I wsn't particularly enamoured, but liveable with. Those of you who like 'Scheese' might get on with it. It's definitely in the Scheese as opposed to Cheezly camp, which Tesco no longer stock.

The soya yoghourts are OK, seem less fruity than Alpro and more sugary. More of a dessert one methinks.

Jelly desserts are fine, little clear plastic bowls with jelly and bits of fruit in them. There is a slight artificial sweetener flavour but I wouldn't say it's overpowering. I tried the raspberry and the passion fruit. I wouldn't go out of my way to buy them again but I'm not really a processed dessert person, I'd sooner have a fruit salad.

The soya milk is OK. I'm going to try some of their other 'milks' such as hazlenut, rice etc in due course.

I have some of the cheese spread in the fridge but haven't tried that yet.
    From Sutton, Surrey, (or Greater London when they want to fleece me for the Olympics)

Quote Jiffy View Post
    I have some of the cheese spread in the fridge but haven't tried that yet.
    The only one that I have tried is the cheese spread, I quite like it - kind of a cross between sheese (not a surprise considering they make them) and tofutti.

I noticed the other day that Sheese have an advert in a vegetarian magazine listing updated "melty" Sheese in their range, so it looks like even if you cant get them in Tesco sheese will be selling them elsewhere.

Now that lunchtime has been and gone, I've now tried the cheese spread, specifically the Sweet Chilli. Not bad really, had it with onion tomato and black pepper.
    From Sutton, Surrey, (or Greater London when they want to fleece me for the Olympics)

Tesco have a new Vegan ready meal: http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Produ.../?id=273420776

Quote Firestorm
    I tried that one the other day, its nice
    Houmous atá ann!

4 new goodies in Tesco (I think I already posted one in the "Alpro" thread):

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?? They are selling Blue Diamond milk in Tesco?? Darn it, get me a car! Need to get to a Tesco! How much are they selling for?
    "You're right, Jackie. The Fonz could beat up Bruce Lee."

Its £1.69 for a carton (Ambient). I think they also have one on sale for £1.00, they have been selling Blue Diamond Almonds for a while but I didn't make the connection.

Waitrose are selling the chocolate and plain almond breeze for £1 a carton. Doesn't say it's a special offer or new but I don't go very often (like every 3 months) and yesterday was the first time I'd seen it there, so I have no idea how long they'll be that price there.

Quote twinkle
    chocolate .... almond breeze for £1 a carton.
    Cheap chocolate almond milk! You lucky ducks!!
    Houmous atá ann!

What's the big deal about this milk! I've seen people going wild on twitter about it!
    www.paperbagblog.wordpress.com

I got very much excited when I found almond breeze in my tesco... I have to admit it's cheap and you can get the unsweetened version. However, it doesn't taste of much:-(

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk 2

Quote Blueberries View Post
    You lucky ducks!!
    Wow, I totally misread that!

I think my brain needs a bath.
    Let the music mend our minds. Let the music bend our minds.

Quote Gwydion
    I think my brain needs a bath.
    Haha, soapy brain!
    Houmous atá ann!