Thread: Sausage casing

david.summo

Default Sausage casing

Right i am thinking of making some sausages or some similar thing but with the sosmix or home recipes you don't get that proper outside texture. What could be used to replace that casing?

Default Re: Sausage casing

I liked that thread title. Sounds kind of kinky LOL
    No advice on sausages at this juncture..but I would be interested to hear more experienced sausage makers advice.

PainterLady

I found it!!! This company is for you!!! Remember me, the vegan painter lady when you are a world wide vegan sausage company!

"We worked with Ruitenberg of The Netherlands to perfect the vegetarian casing (called Rudin VegaCasing)," said Thomas Neher, commercial director of Handtmann, which has taken three years to develop the technology. "Existing systems supply casings on a stick. The Conpro System is continuous because the casing is actually made inside the same system and extruded with the paste filling."
    Already used in the meat industry, the technology is now being extended to fish sticks, cheese, vegetable sausages. "The technology is suitable for vegetarian products because the casing is made of alginate, and, as it imparte no taste of its own, the casing can be used with any filling," said Mr Neher. The filling can be coloured, orflavoured, and produced in 13 to 34 mm widths."
    I got this quote out of http://www.thefoodworld.com/show_article/29/

Good sperm

Quote auntierozzi View Post
    I liked that thread title. Sounds kind of kinky LOL
    No advice on sausages at this juncture..but I would be interested to hear more experienced sausage makers advice.
    *snigger*

Just buy Redwoods/Fry's sausages, they're 35624726 x nicer than Sosmix and are trans-fat free.
    There’s a statue that the abattoir erected to remind us all of their contributions. To me it marks Potemkin City Limits, this Francis cast in bronze.

PainterLady

Do you guys have Gimme Lean in England?

http://www.lightlife.com/gimmelean.html

david.summo

We have frys which produce a similar thing. Mainly i am looking for something to use for other recipes and adaptions aswell as sausages, however saying that sosmix is alot easier for me to get than frys or red wood and i also like creating my own sausage recipe.