Thread: In Need of A Ride From London (King's Cross) to Guest House in Gatwick...

Default Anyone from Surrey/Near Gatwick Airport

I am currently staying in Hull right now and will be coming back to London on the 26th. My flight (at the Gatwick airport) is on the 28th, with that said I was wondering if it would be possible for me to stay with someone from the 26th to the 28th (as long as it would not be an imposition).

If so, please do let me know, be it by post and/or by PM.

Many thanks in advance.

Default Re: Anyone from Surrey/Near Gatwick Airport

I can have a look about for somewhere cheap to stay if you like? I may even be able to offer you some company if you get bored - Not sure how good I'll be right after glastonbury though!
    "I don't want to live on this planet any more" - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Default Re: Anyone from Surrey/Near Gatwick Airport

Thanks, Risker. However, I will literally have barelly any money left by then (to find accomodation that I would need to pay for), since my flight took the bulk of what I had to spend. Thank you very much though.

I did however find budget accomodation near Gatwick. So far the Gatwick Belmont Guest House seems like the cheapest/most convenient that I might would be able to afford. All 3 of the Gatwick Budget Accomodations do offer free rides to the airport, which is nice.
    Last edited by Pisces; Jun 17th, 2007 at 06:49 AM. Reason: A website find.

Exclamation In Need of A Ride From London (King's Cross) to Guest House in Gatwick...

I don't mean this as an imposition, especially since I am enquiring on such short notice.

Would it be possible for anyone who would be able to give me a ride from King's Cross to the Gatwick Belmont Guest House ( www.gatwickbelmont.co.uk )? It is in the Gatwick/Horley area. I will be arriving at King's Cross this coming Wednesday afternoon/evening (the 27th). If anyone can (or knows anyone who possibly can) and/or wants any details, please let me know---be it through PM or replying to this post.

Many thanks in advance!

Default Re: In Need of A Ride From London (King's Cross) to Guest House in Gatwick...

I'm afraid I don't live in London, so can't give a lift, but can't you get the train? Sorry if I've missed something regarding not being able to travel on trains or something.

It says on that hotel website:

The Gatwick Express goes direct from London Victoria train station and takes 25 minutes:
    And you can get the tube from Kings cross to Victoria.

PS - I'm Cumbrian and know nothing about London, but presumably the London posse will correct me if I'm wrong.

Default Re: In Need of A Ride From London (King's Cross) to Guest House in Gatwick...

Thanks, Cherry. The fact is that I only have enough money (give or take a pound or two) to pay for a night at the guest house. I won't be able to afford anything else--not even a Mega Bus. Whoever would be willing/able to meet me in London and take me to the guest house, I will pay (once I get my bank account set up, which will be no later than July) by a transaction.