Thread: Eating when not hungry

Question Eating when not hungry

There may be another thread like this one, but I couldn't find one. I was interested if people eat when they aren't hungry. For example, if you've been sick for a few days and barely have eaten anything or if you just aren't consuming enough calories in a day. Do you force yourself to eat something if you just aren't hungry?

pavotrouge

Default Re: Eating when not hungry

For me, it depends. Some days I simply forget to eat (especially at work), some days I just can't stop eating.
    Somehow it all regulates itself for me, but I never eat just because I feel I have to.

I'm like you, Pavotrouge, some days I eat loads, some days I'm not so hungry. I agree it all evens out in the end. But, if I'm very tired, stressed or sad, I don't want to eat. At times like that I make myself have something simple because I know I need to eat. It's not nice to eat when I'm not hungry though.
    "Do what you can with what you have where you are."
    - Theodore Roosevelt

if i feel that i havent eaten enough protien, fat or something else i will force myself to eat something. i feel like i never stop chewing sometimes. i puts me in a bad mood when i force myself to eat though.some days i cant stop eating though. maybe its a vegan thing.

I rarely ever feel like that. But there are times when I'm not hungry for a breakfast or supper, but I eat something anyway. Just because you aren't hungry, doesn't mean your body doesn't need the nutrition.
    Peace, love, and happiness.

i like to eat only when i get hungry, but sometimes i eat just because it looks/smells good and i feel like chewing something. (like chips for example, lol. i eat them because i want to munch out, not because im hungry for them)

if im sick i dont like to eat alot, i sometimes even fast while im sick.

i dont force myself to eat if i didnt get enough calories. i just go on with the day.

i also dont like to eat when im upset or stressed out. everytime i get like that, nausea is a big issue for me just from being so upset, so food is definitely not something i want. i usually feel sick to my stomach when i think about eating if im upset.
    "you dont have to be tall to see the moon" - african proverb

sugarmouse

It is like that with me too foxy....if I am very upset I sometimes get something to eat and simply cannot eat it. If I have not had anything to eat all day because I have been busy or not hungry or whatever, when it gets late I sometimes have something..just because I know it isnt bad to have anything if i am running on empty...and it comforts me.Not that I comfort eat because I dont! lol

I am rarely hungry in the mornings. I feel vaguely sick and just don't want to bother forcing something down.
    But I do. Because I know that by the time lunch rolls around I'll be feeling it and that's never pleasant.
    But if I've just been sick...? I'll skip it.

Kirska

I'm fortunate enough to be able to eat whenever I want, so I do. I only want to eat when I'm hungry, so I do then. : ) yay

Sometimes I eat when I am not hungry but I just want a cookie. WHo really needs sweets? I do love them so I say I eat those when I am not hungry.