Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Morrisons

Default Re: Morrisons

Quote Risker View Post
    They've stocked cheezly for years, it's nothing special, pretty much all supermarkets of a decent size do.
    The other supermarkets around here don't stock any vegan cheese (except for the shaky Parmesan stuff), and I swear it is only a recent addition to the shelf in our Morrisons.

I know they're not great, but we can only afford to go there at the mo. When we have my parents visiting, they then help us do a big shop at Sainsbobs, as they have a car.
    "You're right, Jackie. The Fonz could beat up Bruce Lee."

^ Like I say, I'd only shop there as a last resort, which I had to for years. If it's all you've got access to then make the best of it! (or shop online)

Thanks, Risker - think I'll make that the new nickname for Morrisons! Hmmm *strokes chin* Can call it "Larry's". Yes, yes...
    "You're right, Jackie. The Fonz could beat up Bruce Lee."

cobweb

Quote leedsveg View Post
    Very true Cobbers. Soon be the 40th anniversary of Decimalisation Day (15 February 1971) and I seem to remember that as an opportunity used by some, to rip-off the Great British public.

lv

gahh, don't remind me, I was born the same year as decimalisation
    (*trying to forget i'm nearly 40 *)

leedsveg

Quote cobweb View Post
    gahh, don't remind me, I was born the same year as decimalisation
    (*trying to forget i'm nearly 40 *)
    Well at least something really good happened that year then Cobbers! (You and Derren Brown were born.)

lv

[Oops! Gordon Brown was born in 1951 so I was making him 20 years younger. Error now corrected and another Brown added instead.]

Not real name!

Oh no. That means I'm forty this year too.

*sob* *sniffle*

cobweb

Quote leedsveg View Post
    Well at least something really good happened that year then Cobbers! (You and Derren Brown were born.)

lv

[Oops! Gordon Brown was born in 1951 so I was making him 20 years younger. Error now corrected and another Brown added instead.]

he-he, so Gordon is the same age as my husband!

Quote Glen Lambert View Post
    Oh no. That means I'm forty this year too.

*sob* *sniffle*

aw *gives comradely pat on the back*

friendly fri

I wrote to customer services in Bradford, asking why the Vegideli sage n onion slices are astronomically priced, at thirteen pounds seventy pence a kilo.I asked them to lower the price.
    In return I got a letter saying the economic climate means higher costs, lower disposable income, but we remain competitive in the market place.
    Nice to know.And as much use as a chocolate fireguard.
    :D :)

leedsveg

Quote friend View Post
    I wrote to customer services in Bradford, asking why the Vegideli sage n onion slices are astronomically priced, at thirteen pounds seventy pence a kilo.I asked them to lower the price.
    In return I got a letter saying the economic climate means higher costs, lower disposable income, but we remain competitive in the market place.
    Nice to know.And as much use as a chocolate fireguard.
    The price went up 30% overnight a few months ago from about £1.05p to £1.3?. (I was going to look on the packet to check the current price but they're on special offer of £1 at the moment.) To be fair to Morrisons, they're still cheaper than H&B where they've been £1.5? for ages. Would be nice if Morrisons had flavours other than Beef and Sage & Onion. Must look next time I go into Morrisons to see how they compare with the price of Quorn slices.

lv

Morrisons near me used to do the Redwoods hot dogs, which were £1.99 for 200g, but they seem to have discontinued them. AND the cheap Natco almonds they were doing. Boo to Morrisons, I say! *sulk*
    "If you don't have a song to sing you're okay, you know how to get along humming" Waltz (better than fine) - Fiona Apple

friendly fri

Good points leedsveg and twinkle.
    Yes h and b are even more exorbitant..and sadly i missed the offer of these slices going for a quid...Redwoods hotdogs are ok but very very expensive for 4 tiny sausages.
    And yes they stopped selling em..and trek bars they quit selling them n all.
    I sent a letter to Morrisons asking why they don`t have clear labelling on their toiletry and detergent own brands re animal testing.No clear reason given, just a vague statement that they oppose animal testing.But I wanna hear/see "no animal products no animal testing" on their goods.Can`t see it happening , not for the life of me.

friendly fri

Morrisons try to fob off customers by telling them they oppose vivisection, then selling vivisection cosmetics.A vile trick.

Not sure if this has been posted before but Morrisons have some Vegan looking cookies at the moment - they are Morrisons own brand Double Choc Chip (In a big packet, they have a small pack which is not Vegan), Double Choc Chip & Orange, Fruit & Oat Cookies:

Quote Firestorm View Post
    Not sure if this has been posted before but Morrisons have some Vegan looking cookies at the moment - they are Morrisons own brand Double Choc Chip (In a big packet, they have a small pack which is not Vegan), Double Choc Chip & Orange, Fruit & Oat Cookies:

These now have whey in

My vegan friends have been eating chocolate orange cookies in similar packaging, I'm sure they are from there because Morrisons are one of the few supermarkets which don't have a branch anywhere near us and they have to make a special trip to stock up.
    Idleness is not doing nothing. Idleness is being free to do anything. - Floyd Dell

Morrison's is generally pretty rubbish vegan wise.
    "It's not that people suddenly start breeding like rabbits; it's just that people stopped dropping like flies" - population explosion

Quote xwitchymagicx View Post
    Morrison's is generally pretty rubbish vegan wise.
    I have to admit, I laughed at the straight-forward bluntness of this statement xDIt's not too bad.... It stocks Redwood!
    Also, I wish to cuddle the kitty in your Avatar xD

Quote Ch View Post
    It's not too bad.... It stocks Redwood!
    But they have gone down hill, they used to have hotdogs and cheezly as well

^ Oh it is bad...

Quote Risker View Post
    Morrisons is horrible, I'd only shop there as a last resort. Several times they've done offers of a free chicken corpse with a certain spend amount (£30?). Up until recently they didn't even have an email address. Don't bother trying to ask them if their own brand products are vegan or not either, they don't know and don't care.

They've stocked cheezly for years, it's nothing special, pretty much all supermarkets of a decent size do.
    "I don't want to live on this planet any more" - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Quote escarmalanes View Post
    These now have whey in
    I just checked my Morrisons, and they don't have any whey. The small packs do, but the packs of BIG cookies are still all vegan!

Morrisons are doing frozen single serving veg roasts with stuffing and gravy, they are not listed as vegan but the ingredients appear to be and they look identical to a product Tesco used to make a few years ago.

Morrisons have alpro soya cream in the fridge section on offer at 50p.

vito27

oh god!! this should be a time to remember forever!! im already carving it into rocks everywhere i GO!!!
    alpro soya cream for 50p!! sweet lord vegan, im sniffing the stuff!! YEE-HAH!!!

friendly fri

Three weeks ago i bought utterly rancid alpro soya cream from morris at full price of 79p.
    A disgrace.
    Two days ago i went back and the alpro soya yogurt i got home was with lumps of ice floating in it..i await my refund for the yog, the cream i was too busy n forgot to complain about.

Their vegetable fingers are vegan! It's definitely not too bad in the Morrisons at Hillsborough Barracks in Sheffield. They have quite an authentic "ethnic" section which sometimes has nice stuff. It always has Swedish Glace in stock and has a fairly good "free from" section.

friendly fri

Quote Anne Garage View Post
    Their vegetable fingers are vegan! It's definitely not too bad in the Morrisons at Hillsborough Barracks in Sheffield. They have quite an authentic "ethnic" section which sometimes has nice stuff. It always has Swedish Glace in stock and has a fairly good "free from" section.
    Cheers Anne.
    Yes , Hillsborough store far better than mine, at Meadowhead.

I bought a box of the Choices Caramels today from Morrisons, first time I've ever seen them stocked there. Totally delish they are!

i havent read this whole thread because its soo long... but quite a lot of morrisons own brand 'meat free' frozen range appears to be vegan.... loving their spicy nacho bean burgers at the minute!

friendly fri

Over a week after i was promised a refund for yofu with chunks of ice floating in a watery mess, still no refund.

friendly fri

Just got 3 quid in vouchers from Morrisons as compensation.

Morrisons are now selling something *Very Similar* to Food Doctor Leek Asparagus & Mint Wheat & Quinoa, but in their own packaging (Morrisons Nuyu or something) for the bargain price of £1 at the moment

Default Re: Morrisons!

Morrisons seem to be selling Cheezly again!

If anyone is missing the dark chocolate chips from Silverspoon (now contain whey), morrisons own brand appear vegan. As does their own brand cooking chocolate (not the bog standard one, the new "WM Morrison" posh one).
    I have also noticed in store lately:

Salt & Vinegar popcorn
    WM Morrisons steak and onion crisps (called something similar to pan fried tbone steak and onion)
    Alpro unsweetened almond milk
    A new range of baxters jams
    Redwood sage & onion slices

I did a run to a large Morissons this morning and found these 2:

- - - Updated - - -

I did a run to a large Morissons this morning and found these 2: