Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Morrisons

Default Re: Morrisons

Morrisons now do a vegan society trademarked washing up liquid (79p)and an all purpose cleaning spray (£1.48).

As for the customer service desk not knowing anything about a list of vegan items, it's not surprising really seeing as it is manned by checkout operators not dedicated customer service personnel.
    Blackadder: Baldrick, have you no idea what irony is?
    Baldrick: Yes, it's like goldy and bronzy only it's made out of iron.

Quote Poison Ivy View Post
    Morrisons now do a vegan society trademarked washing up liquid (79p)and an all purpose cleaning spray (£1.48).

As for the customer service desk not knowing anything about a list of vegan items, it's not surprising really seeing as it is manned by checkout operators not dedicated customer service personnel.
    Which brand? Surely not Morrisons own?! Ecover old stock still with the logo?

As for the customer service desk not knowing anything about a list of vegan items, it's not surprising really seeing as it is manned by morons not dedicated customer service personnel.
    I've corrected your mistake for you, Poison Ivy.

Quote Blue moon View Post
    Which brand? Surely not Morrisons own?! Ecover old stock still with the logo?
    It's made by Morrisons and is called 'Natural'

Quote bryzee86 View Post
    I've corrected your mistake for you, Poison Ivy.
    Ahh good thanks for that, I'm glad that having been a checkout operator at Morrisons makes me a moron.
    Last edited by Poison Ivy; Nov 23rd, 2007 at 05:30 PM. Reason: added picture so people know what they're looking for!

I saw this the other day, then completely forgot about it as we've still got litres of ecover left. Ta for the reminder
    "Mr Flibble - forum corruptor of innocents!!" - Hemlock

my pleasure Mr F!

It's made by Morrisons and is called 'Natural'

Ahh good thanks for that, I'm glad that having been a checkout operator at Morrisons makes me a moron.
    Nah, I was only joking, Poison. I used to be one at Somerfield and I just reflecting on times gone past. Customer service at Morrisons will never be as bad as Somerfield. It was really bad when I was there.

P.S. I think a trip to morrisions is in store for some washing up liquid.

"in store"
    "Mr Flibble - forum corruptor of innocents!!" - Hemlock

Quote bryzee86 View Post
    Nah, I was only joking, Poison. I used to be one at Somerfield and I just reflecting on times gone past. Customer service at Morrisons will never be as bad as Somerfield. It was really bad when I was there.

P.S. I think a trip to morrisions is in store for some washing up liquid.
    No worries Bryzee, I wan't feeling too good earlier so may have over-reacted a tad....and don't even get me started on Somerfields, they're my 'local' supermarket and I only shop there in cases of dire emergency!

Quote Mr Flibble View Post
    "in store"
    As Basil Brush would say, Boom!! Boom!!

I've only been in the Morrisons in Leicester once. I didn't notice any strong smells, but this was some time ago and I might have forgotten. The last time I contacted them was several years ago. They said that they didn't have a vegan list, but they hoped that this wouldn't stop me shopping there. I might send them a letter asking about a vegan list to see if they've managed to reach the early 20th century yet.

Mahk

Here in the US, asking any personnel in a general supermarket (which is I assume what Morrisons is) for a vegan list would be comical. 95% won't even know the word vegan, let alone have any interest in providing a list...come to think of it, about 25% won't even know the English word you're using: "list".

really??!! what word would they use?

Or am I not sufficiently grasping the sarcasm....

Gotta hate the damn immigrants not speaking the language! Oh wait....
    "Danger" could be my middle name … but it's "John"

Quote Pob View Post
    mwah! *blows pob a kiss*
    Love and muppets,
    Regan

Mahk

Quote Pob View Post
    Ha-ha. Very funny Pob. Americans can think that way sometimes, you're right.

But to clarify to everyone, just in case, I don't share those sentiments. I'm actually proud of the diverse, multi-cultural and therefore multi-lingual makeup of my country. I was merely stating my frustration in an inability to gather information at a supermarket due to a language barrier; plain and simple, end of story. No xenophobia or linguicism on my part should be inferred.

Mahk

Quote bryzee86 View Post
    really??!! what word would they use?
    lista, elenco, talaán, список, 清单, リスト...

The US has over 300 languages used regularly. English makes up about 82%.

That's like London. I love it. The rest of the UK can seem woefully white at times.

Was quite impressed to find a vegan logo on a product I got from morrisons today, ok, it was monkey nuts, but it's a start.
    "I don't want to live on this planet any more" - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

why are you eating monkey nuts ?!?!?!
    the aim of life is to live, and to live means to be aware, joyously, dunkenly, serenely, divinely aware.
    -henry miller

He's a fake vegan who enjoys eating primate testicles in his spare time. I am most very dissapointed in him .

Mahk

psst, JJ, I looked it up, that's what they call "shelled peanuts" on their side of the pond.

I noticed that the Morrison's brand veggiemince now states 'vegan' on the front.

I'd email them to encourage them to do this more, but they don't seem to have a contact email address - just a phone number.

Quote Cumin View Post
    Grr..... hisss... !!!

That about sums it up for them. I _really_ can't stand them, and refuse to shop there because every time I tried to find out about vegan stuff, they either had no info, no phone number, no interest, or (more likely) no idea.
    Plus, every one I've ever been into was divey, meat-focused, and generally scuzzy. They also seem to be one of the old-school get-cheap-stuff-and-bugger-the-consequences type shops which I try to avoid.

angry angry angry angry ........!!!!!!

I think despite my previous positive comments I agree with your sentiment here, after years of putting off contacting them because they don't have a publicly available email address I decided today to phone them.

I called to find out if their own brand sliced bread was vegan, the first woman I spoke to told me to hold and then hung up on me (possibly an accident), the second woman I spoke to was aggressive and said that if it was vegan it would say so on the label. After informing her that morrisons do not generally mark products as 'suitable for vegans' she told me that all the ingredients were listed and I could check that way, I then had to tell her that I would need to know where the additives were sourced from - her response was that I needed to check the allergy advice box...

Finally, she realised that she couldn't fob me off with a simple answer and transferred my call to some other guy, he wanted the barcode of the product to pass on to the 'technical' team - as I only had medium sliced wholemeal bread which belonged to someone else I gave him the code for that. He said he'd call me back but I suspect he won't and to be honest even if they do say it's vegan I'm not going to trust them after their obvious attempt to say whatever it takes to make me happy.

Question Re: Morrisons

Quote scoultas View Post
    I noticed that the Morrison's brand veggiemince now states 'vegan' on the front.

I'd email them to encourage them to do this more, but they don't seem to have a contact email address - just a phone number.
    Really?? I was studying a bag the other day to find out if it was suitable and couldn't see anything definitive.
    It's quite possible that I'm just dense/stupid and didn't see the obvious 'vegan' word, but I also wonder if they have changed the package recently.
    Can anyone else confirm if this stuff is vegan?
    How good it is to be well-fed, healthy, and kind all at the same time. Henry J. Heimlich

Yes it is, we eat it all the time as it's cheaper than realeat. All the ingredients on the packet are vegan.
    Silent but deadly :p

Quote Cumin View Post
    Really?? I was studying a bag the other day to find out if it was suitable and couldn't see anything definitive.
    It's quite possible that I'm just dense/stupid and didn't see the obvious 'vegan' word, but I also wonder if they have changed the package recently.
    Can anyone else confirm if this stuff is vegan?

I'm relieved to say it's still on there.....

excuse the full-size picture being truncated - there's still mince in the bag so it didn't lie flat on the scanner!

That's great ! Thanks very much scoultas.
    At least I have an alternative when I can't get the RealEat stuff. I'm a bit addicted to be honest
    Somedays I get the craving for chilli-mince and noodles which just has to be fed !
    How good it is to be well-fed, healthy, and kind all at the same time. Henry J. Heimlich

This stuff is better than the RealEat stuff... We go through a bit of this for our packed lunches!
    Born to Lose - Live to Win!

cobweb

ooh, craving that mince, haven't been able to get any since we moved here 7 months ago!
    (whah, i want mince and pasta!)

Morrisons were selling Whole Earth Organic Cornflakes (which state they are vegan) for 50% off yesterday - normally about £1.07, this made them under 60p.

I also noticed my local Morrisons seems to have stopped selling Redwood Beef-Style Slices - they only sell the Sage n' Onion ones now :-( Don't know if this is an individual decision or nationwide.

Mine only does the sage and onion ones too Scoultas....haven't had the 'beef' ones in for a good few months!

Quote scoultas View Post
    Morrisons were selling Whole Earth Organic Cornflakes (which state they are vegan) for 50% off yesterday - normally about £1.07, this made them under 60p.
    I'm off to morrisons now then. Thanks Scoultas!

Morrisons is quite good for vegans but hardly any of their own brand stuff is labelled as "vegan". Still the Redwoods sage and onion slices they stock have got my brother off chicken in his sandwiches at long last (well that and a bit of nagging but hey! if it works, hehe)

They stock Linda McCartney pies and sausage rolls too which are always welcome in my house.

Did anyone see this a short while ago about the Morrisons "meat-free" ravioli (which is also vegan.. well.. sometimes it is......)

"At Northampton magistrates court on 16th March, Wm Morrison Supermarkets plc based in Gain Lane, Bradford, received fines totalling £18,000 and ordered to pay costs of £1,981.41 after pleading guilty to two charges of contravening the Food Safety Act 1990.

The prosecution followed an investigation by Northamptonshire County Council’s trading standards team after a complaint was made by a local man who purchased two tins of Morrisons own brand ‘Meat Free Ravioli in Tomato Sauce - suitable for vegetarians’ from a store in Northampton. The complainant had been a vegetarian for 23 years and was ‘unimpressed, disgusted and disappointed’ to find meat in the product.

The ravioli product had been manufactured and packed in Italy and during the investigation it became clear that Morrisons had received several other consumer complaints of the same nature in the previous two months and had failed to investigate them properly.
    Cabinet member for community safety Councillor Liz Tavener said: “Food labels are there so that consumers can get the information they need to know before they buy. This is important not just for health reasons, but also for people who follow specific diets or have food allergies.
    “In this case, someone who was vegetarian unwittingly purchased a product that contained meat; this falls well below the standards that consumers can expect and would not have happened if appropriate action had been taken by the supermarket following earlier complaints from other customers. Thanks to trading standards, the product has now been withdrawn from Morrisons supermarkets.
    "Any consumers who consider that food is mis-described or mis-labelled should inform trading standards by calling Consumer Direct on 08454 04 05 06"

That's horrible, I ate some of those, I hope mine were ok.

cobweb

oh my god, that is horrific!

WildWitch

I was surprised to see cheesly in my local morrisons the other day.

I noticed that just yesterday! Lots of Nakd bars and agarve (sp sorry!) syrup etc . . . I got very excited yes I did! I never noticed any vegi-deli stuff though, I shall have to look harder next time!

Quote wildcatstrike View Post
    Morrisons is quite good for vegans but hardly any of their own brand stuff is labelled as "vegan". Still the Redwoods sage and onion slices they stock have got my brother off chicken in his sandwiches at long last (well that and a bit of nagging but hey! if it works, hehe)

They stock Linda McCartney pies and sausage rolls too which are always welcome in my house.

Did anyone see this a short while ago about the Morrisons "meat-free" ravioli (which is also vegan.. well.. sometimes it is......)

"At Northampton magistrates court on 16th March, Wm Morrison Supermarkets plc based in Gain Lane, Bradford, received fines totalling £18,000 and ordered to pay costs of £1,981.41 after pleading guilty to two charges of contravening the Food Safety Act 1990.

The prosecution followed an investigation by Northamptonshire County Council’s trading standards team after a complaint was made by a local man who purchased two tins of Morrisons own brand ‘Meat Free Ravioli in Tomato Sauce - suitable for vegetarians’ from a store in Northampton. The complainant had been a vegetarian for 23 years and was ‘unimpressed, disgusted and disappointed’ to find meat in the product.

The ravioli product had been manufactured and packed in Italy and during the investigation it became clear that Morrisons had received several other consumer complaints of the same nature in the previous two months and had failed to investigate them properly.
    Cabinet member for community safety Councillor Liz Tavener said: “Food labels are there so that consumers can get the information they need to know before they buy. This is important not just for health reasons, but also for people who follow specific diets or have food allergies.
    “In this case, someone who was vegetarian unwittingly purchased a product that contained meat; this falls well below the standards that consumers can expect and would not have happened if appropriate action had been taken by the supermarket following earlier complaints from other customers. Thanks to trading standards, the product has now been withdrawn from Morrisons supermarkets.
    "Any consumers who consider that food is mis-described or mis-labelled should inform trading standards by calling Consumer Direct on 08454 04 05 06"
    ew, thats absolutely disgraceful!

Quote WildWitch View Post
    I was surprised to see cheesly in my local morrisons the other day.
    and I was amazed to see it in mine also after your comment!

I wouldn't have walked into the cheese section if it hadn't been for your comment, so thanks for the tip!

So they removed the Redwood Beef-Style slices from all stores, but added Redwood Cheese - at least I still have something pleasant to put in my sandwiches :smile:

I'm off to Morrisons tomo in search of Cheezly! Oh what an exciting life I lead . . .

'Beef-Style Slices' from Redwoods were back at my local Morrisons yesterday. However, the Cauldren Foods Falafel had gone - hoping that's not a permanent change!

Talking of Cauldron Falafels, it's become quite hard to find the ones without honey or cheese in
    "Danger" could be my middle name … but it's "John"

Morrisons have some nice meals in organic veg chilli and bean casseroles, dads brought me some hoping they are vegan and it seems they are

Cauldron are getting to be a pain - im fed up of having to scan ingredients lists for dairy/egg/honey...

Their yummy sounding and smelling (as mums had it) tagine has honey in

I picked up a giant 1.3 liter tub of Swedish Glace Naepolitan flavour Ice cream from Morrisons today for £ 2.99. I've never seen this in Morrisons before. In fact, I've not seen this flavour before even in health food stores in Leeds.
    Life is like a boomerang: What goes around comes around - "Karma"rocks!

ooooo ! The mythical neapolitan Swedish Glace!

Thrice thee are blessed. Thee may cometh to greatness oh Soya encumbered one.

I'm having it right now as I type this and its bloody divine!!! Mmmmmmmm!
    Life is like a boomerang: What goes around comes around - "Karma"rocks!

I know what's happening here - they don't give a flying fig about vegans but more and more people are claiming dairy "intolerance" (also referred to as *bollox*) and Morrisons are busy catering for such people.
    Not being cynical or anything
    Silent but deadly :p

My local Sainsburies has been selling Neapolitan ice-cream for a while now, so it isn't just Morrisons - curiously, I noticed that by weight it's cheaper than buying the different flavours individually.

Haven't checked my local Morrisons to see if they sell it there too, I'll check next time. But it is strange a company that doesn't care about vegans and doesn't even have an email address for customer service sells so many 'vegan friendly' items!

Quote Kiran View Post
    I picked up a giant 1.3 liter tub of Swedish Glace Naepolitan flavour Ice cream from Morrisons today for £ 2.99. I've never seen this in Morrisons before. In fact, I've not seen this flavour before even in health food stores in Leeds.
    I thought i'd read that someone had said you could get a Swedish Glace naepolitan flavour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow.. i have got to find it. Hopefully my local Morrisons will have it.

It's obvious supermarkets are more sympathetic to people with allergies and are more likely to get dairy-free stuff because of that rather than "for vegans". I guess they think "you don't HAVE to be vegan, so we're not willing to make the effort".

But i DO! i so DO have to be vegan. It feels soooo gooOOOoooOOood!