Thread: New UK supplier of vegan products

Default New UK supplier of vegan products

I have no connections with this company, but I thought I'd mention it on here.
    When we were in Barcelona recently we visited a great little vegan cafe called Vegetalia, which had a little shop selling vegan produce. I bought some vacuum packed seitan and tempeh because I had so many recipes that used them but I can't get them where I live. The seitan was so good that I was inspired to look up the brand on the internet. They have started to do mail order for some of their products in the UK - but so far only the jarred stuff. I e-mailed them and have been having some very interesting discussions with the lady who runs the company. Basically they have got a franchise to distribute these spanish products in the UK and Ireland, but are finding it difficult getting suppliers to stock it. They have been at a few shows and have contacted everyone from Holland and barrett, Goodness direct etc. She says the people they contact have never heard of seitan! She has even applied to on Ready Steady Cook and take some of the products on to get it known.

Anyway I thought I'd mention it here and give you the website http://www.vegetalia.co.uk/

I'll let you know if she gets any stockists etc. Just to repeat I don't have any connections with them! I just made the most fabulous moussaka of my like with their seitan!!

Default Re: New UK supplier of vegan products

Sorry I have just noticed that a few of the products are veggie but not vegan. Not the seitan or tempeh though.

Mail order Seitan! Excellent. Perfect for me and my lack of prep facilities. I've been so jealous seeing other people make it from scratch.

I brought some of this at the Gloucester fair, really nice the tofu pates are excellent too.

Nice to find a range in glass jars easy to recycle!