Default Vegan TV Channel Online

Vegan TV Channel Online
    http://suprememastertelevision.com/webtv/

It's awesome.

Also check out the Alternative living website by Supreme Master Ching Hai
    http://al.godsdirectcontact.org/

Mahk

Default Re: Vegan TV Channel Online

From the best information I can find, the teachings of this woman, Supreme Master Ching Hai, promotes lacto-vegetarianism, not veganism.

I can't speak to the accuracy of this article, it obviously brings up some criticisms against her, but if you were like me, totally ignorant of Ching Hai's existence, teachings, and history, I found it to be an interesting read:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ching_Hai

P.S. I just love her quote, speaking to a heckler, "I invite you to shut up."

Master Ching Hai is a Vegan herself and encourages people to also be Vegan, but it is only a prerequisite to be a lacto vegetarian (amongst other things) to learn the meditation.

From what I am aware that wikipedia article is quite misleading and overly critical of Master Ching Hai. Her humanitarian and relief work in the world are amazing. She even just received the Gusi Peace Prize Award in the Philipines recently.

Quite and outstanding lady.

I go to a Vietnamese Vegetarian restaurant every week and the ladies the own it are disciples of Master Ching Hai.

90% of the items on their menu are vegan, and if they are not (the reason being they use a fake meat product containing whey), they will happilly substitute and make it vegan for you.

And I might add, THE FOOD IS AWESOME!!! I'm going to have to say the best vegan restaurant food I've ever had and that's why I go back every week!

I find it hard to take anyone seriously who refers to themselves as the "Supreme Master" - even if they believe it is founded.

But at least she promotes positive stuff.

Quote karmadust View Post
    I find it hard to take anyone seriously who refers to themselves as the "Supreme Master" - even if they believe it is founded.
    Just wondering why?

It just seems highly arrogant. Perhaps if she followed it with "The Supreme Master of [whatever it is she feels she is the master of]", then it wouldn't imply The Supreme Master of ALL!!!

I guess I just believe that those who have reached some state of enlightenment or nirvana or bliss or freedom do not feel the need to prefix their name with some impressive title such as "Supreme Master" - and those who do feel the need to attach that to themselves have perhaps not reached the state they claim to have.

But really that's just my opinion. No disrespect to any of her followers.

Mahk

Quote Matts View Post
    From what I am aware that wikipedia article is quite misleading and overly critical of Master Ching Hai.
    Matts, I would like to learn more about her from sources written by un-biased parties. Can you please provide any links to outside sources, other than her own writings and organizations?

I must say that i severly doubt the sanity of anyone who claims to be God's direct contact when I know for a fact that they've never even met, let alone spoken to me.
    "Mr Flibble - forum corruptor of innocents!!" - Hemlock

Quote "Mahk" View Post
    Matts, I would like to learn more about her from sources written by un-biased parties. Can you please provide any links to outside sources, other than her own writings and organizations?
    http://www.manilastandardtoday.com/?...gay_nov20_2006

http://www.gov.ph/news/?i=16605

I know many of the people from the group and must say they are great people.

As a side note, regarding the comments about the title "Supreme Master", well is anyone aware of what the full translation of the Dalai Lamas name is, lets just say it's rather long. But this is the way to call a spiritual Master. If someone is truly capable of transmitting the spiritual essence and the followers experiance the bliss of the inner light and sound, as described in various scriptures, then it would be understandable to revere the teacher. Anyway read her lectures and make up your own minds.

Quote Matt
    If someone is truly capable of transmitting the spiritual essence and the followers experiance the bliss of the inner light and sound, as described in various scriptures, then it would be understandable to revere the teacher.
    I'm with you there Matt. But I'm puzzled by the concepts of 'spiritual essence', 'the bliss of inner light and sound', 'various scriptures' and revering the teacher.

Otherwise, count me in.
    We are saved in the end by the things that ignore us. Andrew Harvey

Well the practice of light and sound meditation is an ancient one. The oldest living lineage of it is the Sant Mat group in India:

http://www.santmat.net/