Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Peta sent me 5p

Default Re: Peta sent me 5p

Quote cobweb View Post
    I'm not using a couple of the well known animal charities that i used to buy from. I'm fed up with bad orders, things missing, silly 'credit notes' written on slips of paper, being made to feel awful if i complain because my son's chocolate is bad when he gets it.................
    it wasnt the Dr Hadwen Trust was it? I've ordered stuff off there and i hope i dont have any problems....

Quote Manzana View Post
    I sent them their 5p back with their questionaire and told them that I could not support a charity that advocates animal "welfare" without taking a vegan stand in the matter...
    I know veganism allienates some people but if you are serious about animals you cannot support their exploitation and being vegan is a must.
    Peta absolutely do advocate veganism as the ideal. however, they also work to improve welfare where preaching veganism will have no effect, for example with KFC and Burger King. whether those two are incompatible is up for discussion.
    'The word gorilla was derived from the Greek word Gorillai (a "tribe of hairy women")'

cobweb

Quote ~*Sarah*~ View Post
    it wasnt the Dr Hadwen Trust was it? I've ordered stuff off there and i hope i dont have any problems....
    no, i'll be honest, it was Animal Aid but I have also had MANY problems with Viva!

Quote Gorilla View Post
    Peta absolutely do advocate veganism as the ideal. however, they also work to improve welfare where preaching veganism will have no effect, for example with KFC and Burger King. whether those two are incompatible is up for discussion.
    Veganism should not be the "ideal", i.e. unachievable position that we should all have but never will.

Veganism should be the only stand a charity like Peta should accept (in my opinion and if they want my support). I cannot support an organisation that gives prizes to KFC, burger King or whole foods when these people are selling the corpses of murdered animals.

Gorilla, I am not saying that nothing they do is good for the animals or that people that support them do not care about animals (or anything of the sort)... I am just saying that I cannot support them because even if what they achieve is sometimes good, I disagree with their stand on the matter (i.e. animal welfare)

i understand your point and in fact i agree to some extent, but the way your original post was worded, it sounded like you were unaware of the fact that Peta would much rather everyone went vegan so they didn't have to push for better animal welfare standards.
    'The word gorilla was derived from the Greek word Gorillai (a "tribe of hairy women")'

has anyone else been sent another 5p letter? i got one yesterday, with a clear plastic window in the envelope showing off the 5p before you even open it, and enclosed with it was another 'survey'. bah.

not yet, but will start planning what to spend mine on
    "Mr Flibble - forum corruptor of innocents!!" - Hemlock

I think I had another one a while ago. I didn't open it because I could see what it was. I must get around to writing to them or sending it back with "unsolicited mail" on it!
    "Do what you can with what you have where you are."
    - Theodore Roosevelt

i got sent an umbrella the other day from a charity i've never heard of, what a waste of money..

Kevster

I've never had spam from Animal Aid, yet...............................

Quote s.london posse View Post
    i got sent an umbrella the other day from a charity i've never heard of, what a waste of money..
    i got sent a t-shirt from a charity i'd never been in contact with before, they just do it to make you feel guilty i think...

Reciprocation. It works enough of the time to be worth it.

15p I've got now :P
    "I don't want to live on this planet any more" - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Make that 20p, got another one this morning.

I only get post from Animal Aid so they haven't passed my address on, which is nice. I get upset by some of the stuff they send but on the whole I don't mind the occasional reality checks.
    'Spring will soon pounce [like a floppy kitten]'. Whalespace.

Returned!

I used to get a ton of stuff from PETA... annoyingly, somewhere along the line something went wrong, so all my mail is addressed to

Mr. Jane Doe.

-head+desk-

They never sent me anything useful. Even after being vegetarian I got spam from them for upwards of a year, but eventually it slacked off and stopped.

I'd like the money though. >>
    --do not be a victim----do not be a perpetrator-----
    -----but above all else-----do not be a bystander.--
    (Newly returned to veganism and this forum)

I haven't had 5p for a while now

i got another 5p yesterday.

BlackCats

I was sent 5p from Peta the other day (again!)

I wish Peta would send me 5p. I could use some extra money .

Perhaps someone should write to PETA and kindly ask them to send all the 5ps to us, as we're the only ones that want them.

Kevster

I think they're trying to share the love.

If one in fifty had a tenner in it, i'd sign up for whatever it is they're boring people with.

I'm up to 25p as of today, what will I spend my vast Peta fortune on?

i think you should save up for lighter fluid, and then go visit their office....

[P.s. that was a JOKE!)

Risker what you need to do is send by all the 5ps with a questionnaire to PETA.

Q1/ Do you think giving away £100s worth of 5ps is a good use of fund raising investments

Q2/ I know fund raising requires investment but do you think keeping the 5p would be better for you not me.

Ah I could bang on for ages, working for a charity myself I know all the things that drives people nuts. Fund raising does require investment for a return but this method is unpopular and p**s poor use of funds.

I agree with Kev Animal Aid are very good, they have a good balance and I am very sure they do not pass on any details. More and more charities (mainly smaller ones) operate a strict no swap policy it proves popular with donors.
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams

BlackCats

I just got another 5p from PETA.

lucky you

I'm thinking of registering 100 people living at my address with peta

BlackCats

Haha yeah good idea Mr F.

I didn't have a spare stamp to send the 5p back to them so I think I will just keep it. I think I will give it to my husband as it is all sticky from the sellotape they used.

I don't think I have ever given Peta any money and I'm not sure I will as I hear so many conflicting reports about them.

I know how you all like me to keep you up to date with this, so just to let you know that I have now received a total of 30p from Peta. In return I have donated their letters to the recycling people.

i got another 5p from them yesterday too, but i haven't been keeping track of how much they've sent me in total.

I got 5p from them recently too

Don't know what the letter was about, just ripped the 5p off and put the rest in the shredder.

They really aren't very clever.

I might email them and ask them to stop sending the letters and just transfer money straight into my bank account instead. Will be much better for the environment and more convenient all round.

Zero

Peta really should stick to their educational videos and materials and stop pushing the angle that it is okay to abuse animals as we do it nicely.

Do these silly 5p stunts really work? Doesn't sound like it from what you guys have said above

Quote Mr Flibble View Post
    I might email them and ask them to stop sending the letters and just transfer money straight into my bank account instead. Will be much better for the environment and more convenient all round.
    You should definitely do that! I would.

This does remind me of charities sending pens with forms, sometimes really good ones, other ones that have just enough ink for one form and then run out.
    If I sink to the bottom I can run to the shore.

Can someone send me 5 pence?
    "To become vegetarian is to step into the stream which leads to nirvana." - Buddha

I'll have 5 cents American please

35p

No naked "supermodels"? Pah.
    ..but what would they do with all the cows?..

I got another 5p on Friday too

no fair, where's mine?!

I received a 5p today... took me by surprise, didn't know they had my address With some stupid questionnaire about dog and cat fur, or something. I know it ended with them asking for my money.

It's been almost 6 months now without any money from PETA

i had nothing from Peta until yesterday, when wouldn't you know it i received another 5p

Cool, I'll eagerly anticipate my next mailing

Buddha Belly

With the world wide recession you would of thought they would make it 6p. Tightwads!!

Ruziko

Personally it doesn't bother me, because there will be some people who do fill in the questionaires and send them back. Besides, not everyone who orders from PETA/Animal Aid is a veg*n, some people will order from them for members of the family who are veg*n.

I also like the Animal Aid mag, since there aren't that many animal rights magazines out there to buy, it's nice to have it through the post when I don't expect it.

And you can just recycle the paper anyway. Tbh, I find the charity bags more annoying which come every 3-4 times a month or more.

Buddha Belly

Helen got 5p. We put it in the Hillside box. It will help keep animals alive now.

I just received my 5p from Peta today. Filled out the "survey" which isn't a survey and sent it back with the 5p still attached and a little note telling them if they had that kind of money to throw around then they certainly didn't need any more from me and my money would be donated to animal charities who knew where to put it to proper use.
    I used to give to Water Aid by direct debit until one day they rang me up and asked if I would like to donate more money each month.
    I cancelled my donation immediately and it went somewhere else.

I can't for the life of me understand why charities are alienating the very people who already donate to them. Seems when they get too big, they just don't give a damn.
    That's why I always give to smaller charities like Animal Aid, Viva! and BUAV. I know it's valued and is being spent wisely. Peta are just to big for their own boots.

I got a letter from cancer research asking for support! I have never given them money and indeed boycott then due to animal testing so it certainly begs the question where they got my details from.

leedsveg

^^^
    Maybe they got it from the electoral roll?

Leedsveg

Yeah maybe. I have written back stating that I want to be taken off of their mailing list and explaining why I won't support them.