Thread: Looking for vegan meetings/convention

Question Looking for vegan meetings/convention

I heard that a vegan convention recently took place in LA (usa). Does anyone know where I can find out about more vegan meetings or conventions? I tried the PETA website and a couple other vegan websites but I didn't have any luck.
    Angela

Default Re: Looking for vegan meetings/convention

Hmmm... I'm not sure which convention you are thinking of, or how recent this event was. The Healthy Lifestyle Expo and World Fest are the two that I particularly enjoy.

It was during the last month. I overheard 2 people talking about how they had just been to it while I was walking down melrose blvd. One of them was wearing a t-shirt that said "animal liberation, human liberation". I didn't get a chance to ask them about it though because my cell phone rang and I answered it and then lost them.
    Thanks for the links, though.

There's all kinds of little vegan meets in the Los Angeles area, but I'm not cool enough to know about of them. Now I'm interested in what this recent meeting was about.

The only events I know of that I would consider "conventions" are the two I listed above. You should check them out when they come back around. Other than those, you have all kinds of things from vegan pot luck dinners to animal rights stuff happening almost every month. Not to mention tons of vegan holiday things going on (Thanksgiving to New Years). Hard to say what it actually was.

TheBringer

Wow really? You're cool enough for me: if you go to meetup.com you can find almost any type of meetup group anywhere. There are three in the Santa Monica area that I am a member of. I haven't found any exactly in LA.

TheBringer

We could also form our own! I dont know what area of LA you're looking for. I am often In West Hills but I usually live in Thousand Oaks. (Ventura County). Does anyone live near there?

I live in Riverside, California which is app 1 1/2 hours from los Anegeles