Thread: vegan tesco sandwich

Default vegan tesco sandwich

Yes, that's what I ate yesterday. a vegan sandwhich from tescos.
    It had chargrilled vegetables and homous, not very nice in my opinion.
    It cost £1.80....

sugarmouse

Default Re: vegan tesco sandwich

I think I have had that too! was it in a wrap or a sandwich?

I need to look out for this.

sprite1986

I'm sure I had one of those ages ago, so I presume they've been out for a while. It's just they always sell out of most sandwiches, let alone the vegan ones by the time I realise I want one.

"I don't want to live on this planet any more" - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

e

Sorry is someone has already mentioned this but..
    I just felt the need to pop in to wax lyrical about the sandwich I am munching at my desk right now!
    It may be the only pre-packed Vegan sandwich in Central Milton Keynes... can I be the ONLY Vegan worker in all these offices??
    It is the Bugsy from Boots retailing at £2.20 and its basically organic everything ..including carrot, houmous, alfalfa, and salad leaves. Very tasty and very colourful !

So thumbs up to Boots.. I think you all need to rush out and buy one because each time I have brought one there are literally two on the display which suggests it isnt a big seller! I dont want them to discontinue it.

Marks and Spencer do a delicious wrap btw with houmous and falafel but personally I equate wraps with eating my salad out of a dishcloth!
    Better go before I get rumbled

^ I think they don't order many in comparison to other sandwiches as it's a low profit item for them, I've never seen any left in a Boots after lunchtime so have had to get there early to make sure I got one.

Quote Risker View Post
    ^ I think they don't order many in comparison to other sandwiches as it's a low profit item for them, I've never seen any left in a Boots after lunchtime so have had to get there early to make sure I got one.

ahhh.. so YOU are the person that buys the other one???

I was but we're trying to save pennies at the moment so have to make our own, we have a breadmaker (best kitchen gadget ever) so can make pretty good replicas of them at home but a lot fresher and much cheaper

100% sure – I'm going vegan! nathanjh13's Avatar

Of all the supermarkets M&S are dire for vegan food on the go. Almost everything is one tiny ingredient off. The wraps mentioned here I'm sure have milk listed in the allergy section?

I tried the tesco sandwich today. I was really pleased to see another viable option added to their range but I agree with the above and found it lousy overall.

It would be much nicer if the veg wasnt charred as it did little for the enjoyment, a few herbs instead perhaps, but I'd think again anyway as it's trans fat happy ("mono" this and "di" that, unpronouncable chemical names that basically mean "plastic" to me) so it's definitely on the back burner.

On a positive note I've just got back from Berlin and enjoyed the Veganz cafe enormously. And the Orb Cafe today up in Edinburgh (sadly closing for a while during a move) the first raw cafe I've been to and it was amazing (especially the desserts).

Quote nathanjh13 View Post
    Of all the supermarkets M&S are dire for vegan food on the go. Almost everything is one tiny ingredient off. The wraps mentioned here I'm sure have milk listed in the allergy section?
    They were vegan a few years back, but not any more. I agree M&S are a bit dire at the moment, they have had a few good Vegan options in the past including a wrap, a couple of very good salads and some vegan Sushi but alas they seem to get worse as time goes on (there is more about their vegan options here).

I agree about the Tesco sandwich as well, a very good way to waste 450 calories.