Thread: Health Careers

Default Health Careers

If you don't mind me asking---is there anybody on this forum who has an occupation pertaining to health? I'm asking about anything--naturopathy, homeopathy, etc. (including any other sort of GP profession).

Default Re: Health Careers

i'm a nursing student and i want to get my MSN in Midwifery when I'm through. working in hospitals and blindly supporting pharmaceutical companies is a challenge for me, but my goal is to work holistically once i'm through with all the mandatory clinicals.

I believe in you, karmadust. People will benefit from a nurse/midwife like you.

aw, thanks you're too sweet! are you considering entering the health field or were you just curious?

I'm a dual registered nurse and podiatrist
    Silent but deadly :p

Quote karmadust View Post
    aw, thanks you're too sweet! are you considering entering the health field or were you just curious?
    You're welcome, karmadust. Well, honestly I have about 18 different future career ideas in mind--and holistic health is among one or a few of my ideas. For now I at least want to get my undergraduate degree out of the way ASAP (I'm looking into CLEP and Accelerated Distance Learning too). I want a degree (that I at least feel neutrally about) that can enable me to live/work in Europe (Wales--my true home-- being my first country of choice). I'm also saving my money that I can buy a flight ticket, find a job in Europe (Wales--my true home-- being my first country of choice), live/work there by obtaining a work visa. I want to live there permanently.

I was partially just curious to know of anyone on here who has a health profession. As well, I am interested in possibly a career along the lines of holistic health. Whatever sort of career I end up with---it has to be in Europe, Canada, Australia, or New Zealand.

Here's a list of my possible future career ideas:

Librarian
    Assistant Librarian
    Writer
    Illustrator
    Publisher
    Writer/Illustrator
    Writer/Publisher
    Illustrator/Publisher
    Writer/Illustrator/Publisher
    Screenwriter
    Playwright
    Art Therapist (Holistic Practicioner)
    Color Therapist (Holistic Practicioner)
    Social Worker (or something within that field)
    Holistic Counselor
    Holistic Practicioner (of some kind, which will involve studies that I can understand)
    Translator/Interpreter (I speak proficient German, I’m learning Welsh in my spare time)
    Professor/Lecturer (depending on what I get my degree(s) in)
    Animator (esp. claymation)
    Animator/Screenwriter
    Editor
    Editor/Writer
    Editor/Publisher
    Editor/Illustrator
    Editor/Screenwriter
    IT/Web Designer

Quote Hemlock View Post
    I'm a dual registered nurse and podiatrist
    That's cool. Do you have any certain type(s) of nursing that you do? And speaking of podiatry--did you know that (according to astrology--much of which I find coincidental to my actual life) the feet is the body part where the Pisces's power is? Isn't that a coincidence.

I did know that as I am a pisces as well but don't do much nursing now as I'm too busy doing pod surgery. I did reconstructive and cosmetic surgery and burns mostly.
    Silent but deadly :p

Pisces, your career list is awesome! You sound a lot like me - passionate about so many things, you could do any one of them and be happy! I have seriously considered art therapy - there is an excellent school in Chicago (where I'm from) with an MAT program. The good thing about your ideas is that a lot of them can be done simultaneously - you can be a holistic practitioner that uses art therapy and writes on the side (which sounds absolutely divine to me)!

definitely look into licensure requirements for some of those, as there may be restrictions as to whether you can be a legally certified practioner/counselor if you are not a citizen of Wales and wish to work there, or if you get your degree in Wales and decide you want to come back to the USA to work (which sounds doubtful, given your passionate desire to GET OUT OF HERE!!!)

Quote Hemlock View Post
    I did know that as I am a pisces as well but don't do much nursing now as I'm too busy doing pod surgery. I did reconstructive and cosmetic surgery and burns mostly.
    Yay, Pisces power! Ahem..I couldn't help myself there. Anyhow, both of your jobs sound fascinating. I especially give you credit for bravery to perform surgery. I don't believe that would be my forte. Nevertheless, the more power to you.

Pisces, your career list is awesome!
    Thanks, karmadust!

You sound a lot like me - passionate about so many things, you could do any one of them and be happy!
    Yeah, like we agreed from previous exchanged messages--we're so much alike. I'd LOVE to meet you!

The good thing about your ideas is that a lot of them can be done simultaneously - you can be a holistic practitioner that uses art therapy and writes on the side (which sounds absolutely divine to me)!
    That is true! Not only could that be enjoyable (for the sake of variety) but it could also possibly be handy.

definitely look into licensure requirements for some of those, as there may be restrictions as to whether you can be a legally certified practioner/counselor if you are not a citizen of Wales and wish to work there, or if you get your degree in Wales and decide you want to come back to the USA to work (which sounds doubtful, given your passionate desire to GET OUT OF HERE!!!)
    Yeah, looking into licensure requirements is a priority of mine. Yeah, I am an expatriate, but by no means am I saying I'm against everyone in the states (certainly not you). The states is lucky to have someone like you--as would be any place of which you would choose to reside.