Once again, I've been cooking from the Family Circle book Biscuits and Slices.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups plain flour
1/2 cup self-raising flour
1/4 cup cornflour
2 flat dessertspoonfuls Marigold vegan bouillon powder and one small onion, finely chopped (recipe called for 2 Australian tablespoonfuls of dry French onion soup mix - an Aussie tablespoon is 4 teaspoons, as opposed to a UK one of 3 tsps)
125g unsalted margarine (I used Biona organic)
1/2 cup plain soya yoghurt (recipe called for sour cream. Soya cream and lemon juice might work too, or silken tofu...)
(the book also called for 2 teaspoons dried chives, which I didn't have so I left them out)

Method:
preheat oven to moderate 180 degrees C. Line 2 biscuit trays with baking parchment.

1. put flours, margarine, finely chopped onion and bouillon powder in food processor bowl. use pulse action, press button for 30 seconds or until mix is fine and crumbly.

2. Add soya yoghurt and process on pulse for another 20-30 seconds or until mix forms a dough. turn onto a lightly floured surface. If mix isn't smooth knead for 30 seconds or so (I didn't need to do this).

3. roll mix out with a rolling pin until it's about 3-4 mm thick. The book suggested cutting it into square crackers but I used a round cutter - use your discretion

4. place on prepared trays, prick each cracker a couple of times with a fork. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until they are lightly golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.

I ended up using three baking trays, but this is a relatively unmessy recipe, so you can just re-use the parchment. I also swapped the trays from the upper to the lower shelf during cooking to make sure they evenly browned.

These are disappointing when they're straight out of the oven, once they've cooled they are crisp and moreish.