Thread: Chocolate recipes - brownies and cake

Good sperm

Default Chocolate recipes - brownies and cake

I've had 2 requests for recipes and while I PM'ed them to those involved I thought I'd post them here too. One is for the brownies I made for NYE and the other is the magic cider vinegar choccie cake recipe I made for myself on my birthday last year (pics here)

Brownies

Preheat oven to 350F/175C and line a square baking tin with baking parchment.
    Melt 2 packs of Maya Gold chocolate by placing a bowl over a pan of boiling water. Stir until melted, then set aside to cool.
    In a large mixing bowl combine one pack of Blue Dragon silken tofu, 2/3 cup of grapeseed oil and 2 cups of Billington's cane sugar use a handheld mixer to blend for about a minute. Mix in 2tsp vanilla and the melted chocolate.
    Sift in 2 cups of flour (I used half wholemeal half white), 1/2 tsp baking powder and 1/4 tsp of salt and mix well. Pour into the tin and bake for about 30-45 mins - the top should be springy and all but the very middle cooked. Remove and allow to cool before removing from tin and cutting.

Gorgeous Choccy Cake

(it's in 'La Dolce Vegan' p.250)
    Preheat oven to 350F/175C
    Line a cake pan with baking parchment and set aside. Mix 1.5 (that's one and a half) cup flour, 1/2 cup very good quality cocoa (I use green and black's) 1 cup sugar 1tsp baking soda and 1/2tsp salt. Add 1/3 cup oil, 1tbsp apple cider vinegar, 1tsp vanilla (always use extract) and 1 cup cold water and stir until just mixed. Pour into cake pan and cook for around 30-35 mins or until a knife comes out clean. Let cool before removing from pan and cool completely before frosting if you wish.
    And this cake is even better the next day if you can bear to leave it, it goes even gooier and chocolatey-er!
    Last edited by absentmindedfan; Apr 3rd, 2007 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Fifth of a cup of flour?! Edited for clarity

Default Re: Chocolate recipes - brownies and cake

so you did!

i still haven't made this yet but now i am reminded to!!

a quick scootle round the kitchen tells me we have ALL the stuff needed to make it..now!!!

omg..it's incredibly nice. i'd go so far as to say it's the best cake i've ever made!
    (not that it has much competition)
    ahronli sed ah dunit so thid tek thuh cheyus graytuh offa mi nihbles

JC

AMF - i was just browsing your photos (yum, btw) and i saw some pics of smudge truffles from hotel chocolat... but they aren't on the website, and i noticed you uploaded them a few years ago. Please, someone tell me they still make them...?

YUMM I want to make those brownies!