Thread: B12 tablet confusion

Default B12 tablet confusion

I bought a package of B12 tablets today. But I'm confused.

1) Each contains 2000 mcg. I was under the impression that that was the recommended dose for one week. But the pack says take one per day. Isn't that rather a lot?

2) It says they're sublingual, but also to take them with water. But they're cherry flavour, which suggests to me they should dissolve in the mouth rather than be swallowed directly, as the pack seems to suggest.

Any ideas?

Default Re: B12 tablet confusion

You can't overdose on B12 - it's entirely nontoxic and your body just expels whatever it doesn't use through the urine. They just like to jam pack those tablets with as much as possible. Kind of silly.

Default Re: B12 tablet confusion

Each contains 2000 mcg. I was under the impression that that was the recommended dose for one week. But the pack says take one per day. Isn't that rather a lot?
    It's far too much, and many times more than you could get on ANY diet. I wouldn't have taken these daily even if someone had paid me for it!
    You can't overdose on B12 - it's entirely nontoxic and your body just expels whatever it doesn't use through the urine.
    If your body expels whatever it doesn't use, how is it that B12 can be stored in the body for many years?

More about B12 overdose /megadose here...
    I will not eat anything that walks, swims, flies, runs, skips, hops or crawls.