Thread: vegan food nutrient project

Default vegan food nutrient project

We created a new project destined to help vegans choose best food. Its main goal is to help you choose foods with a certain nutrient you need. For example if you need Calcium, you go to our project:

http://food.vegtalk.org

And sort all products by Calcium, so you’ll have at the top the products with most quantity of Calcium per 100 gr. In preferences you can choose to show quantities in % of RDA, so you’ll know how many grams of certain product you need to fulfill your RDA.
    If you’re interested in raw products, then you can add “raw” or better “, raw” to search box and only results for raw products will be shown.

We’ve filtered all the data from USDA database, we tried to eliminate all non vegan products, if you find any non vegan products – please write me so we’ll remove them.

This project is still in beta testing stage; if you find any bugs or errors please write me.

Rndm

Default Re: vegan food nutrient project

that's a great idea one suggestion...could there be a way of organising it in ascending order as to the amount of the specific nutrient, so if you just wanted to get more iron in your diet, for example, you could see which foods were highest in iron, rather than having to look through all the pages?

amanda

Looking good so far!
    The good man is the friend of all living things. -- Mohandas Gandhi

Quote flying plum View Post
    that's a great idea one suggestion...could there be a way of organising it in ascending order as to the amount of the specific nutrient, so if you just wanted to get more iron in your diet, for example, you could see which foods were highest in iron, rather than having to look through all the pages?

amanda
    It's actually one of the main features of our program, you can sort descending or ascending each nutrient, for example here is link sorting everything by Iron:
    http://food.vegtalk.org/minerals/spi...eals/iron.html
    Last edited by Sergio; Jan 28th, 2010 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Sergio View Post
    It's actually one of the main features of our program, you can sort descending or ascending each nutrient, for example here is link sorting everything by Iron:
    http://food.vegtalk.org/main?panel=F...ron&order=DESC
    my apologies...i'm a bit computer illiterate. i worked out how to sort it to minerals, but i couldn't work out how to get it to being in ascending order *blush*

amanda

Hi, we've been working on improving the site, we've added more usability features, can you please look at it and tell us what do you think? (The search is not fully functional yet, because google haven't indexed us yet)

flying plum, you can press these buttons below each nutrient to sort by the descending or ascending amount of the nutrient in the vegan products.

Well done for putting this together, i'm sure a lot of people will find it useful