Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What did your Vegan Child/ren Eat Today?

Default Re: What did your Vegan Child/ren Eat Today?

can i post here?

my daughter is veggie but heres what she ate vegan today

br; apple juice, dry-fried mushroom toasted sandwich
    carob coated raisins
    d; roast courgettes, scallions, mushrooms, celery, peppers with fries. juice

ConsciousCuisine

Quote StmpyElephant
    You're child is so very lucky to have you as a mother CC! I would love to cross hemispheres to be indulged in nutritious cooking and talk about food at your house!! What a pleasure that would be!

I'm hungry after looking in this thread.
    Thanks! That makes me feel like a proud Mommy

Cedar, please do jump in and share what vegan things your little one enjoys

Today for The Child, Blake

'Lazy Tamale Pie'= 1 1/2 cups of casserole with corn tortillas, pinto beans, brown rice, corn, roasted tomatoes and chiles, jarred salsa, 'sour cream' and 'cheese' with nutritional yeast (so easy, so good especially on a cold morning).

To school: (I said, 'Sorry, Blake. No veggies today at lunch .' To which she replied, 'That's okay, it's a protein day.' She'll get her veggies later )

1 16.9 oz. water bottle, to be refilled at least once

1 4 oz. container apple sauce

1 banana

1 small box apple juice with vitamin C

2 oz. mixed nuts (pecans, Brazil nuts, hazelnuts, almonds and cashews)

1 Cliff Z-bar

4 mini whole wheat pitas

5 oz. hummus

After school, on the way to practice:

1 1/2 c. Kale and white beans with Udo's Blend Oil and Nutritional Yeast

Back at home:

10 oz. water

Evening meal:

1 1/2 cups soup of bok choy, napa cabbage, onions, garlic, carrots, leeks, black beans, corn, spices and coconut oil

2 T. pepita pesto with 1 cup whole wheat spirals, 1/2 cup spinach and 1/4 cup peas

Later:

10 oz. water

1 cup Vitasoy complete with 1/2 cup chocolate sorbet, 2 T herbal coffee substitute and 1 T. cocoa powder

Did you know 1 T. of cocoa powder has as much antioxidants as a serving of blueberries?

They make chocolate sorbet??? I MUST find some!
    "Man can do as he wills, but not will as he wills" - Arthur Schopenhauer

MiniRaccoon, aged 9-

Yesterday
    Breakfast: Multigrain cereal bar
    Banana, chocolate, fortified soya milk smoothie
    Orange juice

Snack: Grapes

Dinner: Cheatin Ham and cucumber granary sandwich
    Aplro Fruit soya yoghurt
    4 pieces 'milk' chocolate
    Apple juice

Snack: Apple

Tea: Linda Mc sausages, mashed potato, baked beans
    Homemade cake and soya custard
    Water

Supper: Fortified Alpro chocolate milkshake
    "He who binds himself to a Joy, Does the winged life destroy;
    He who kisses the Joy as it flies, Lives in Eternity's sunrise"
    William Blake

Quote ConsciousCuisine

Did you know 1 T. of cocoa powder has as much antioxidants as a serving of blueberries?

Excellent! Lately I've been enjoying a nice cup of chocolate rather than my black tea. I'm glad to know it's not only yummier but healthier!
    Peace, love, and happiness.

bump!
    "Man can do as he wills, but not will as he wills" - Arthur Schopenhauer

ConsciousCuisine

Not a lot of variety today :S Oh well, it's what I had in the house!

Today for The Child, Blake

1 sprouted grains, lentils and carrot pita bread with 5 slices tofu "bacon" and 2 T. hummus

To school:

1 16.9 oz. water bottle, to be refilled at least once

1 4 oz. container apple sauce

1 small box apple juice with vitamin C

5 oz. hummus (made with chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic and Goddess dressing )

2 sprouted grains, lentils and carrot pita breads

1 cup of chopped romaine and spinach

1 Cliff Z-bar

5 oz. hummus

1 cup homemade seitan

1/2 cup whole wheat pasta with 1/2 cup basil marinara and 1/2 cup broccoli

Back at home:

1 1/2 cups salad of red, orange and yellow baby pear tomatoes with romaine, spinach, shredded beets, 2 T. walnuts and 1 T. lemon garlic dressing

Evening meal:

1 c. homemade seitan

1 cup whole wheat pasta and white beans with 1 cup basil marinara and 1 cup broccoli and 2 tsp. nutritional yeast

Later:

10 oz. water

1 cup calcium-fortified orange juice

Does Blake pee a lot? I could never drink that much liquid without peeing my pants!

ConsciousCuisine

Well, I don't really count and I'm not with her 24/7, but when I think about the times I *am* with her more than she's away, I suppose she pees when she wakes up, twice at school, once after school at practice, again at home and once again maybe...maybe 6 times a day?

She *needs* to drink that much, she's active, sweating a lot in dance class, PE and in general a very busy little girl who needs lots of fluids (mostly water). Also, she's only 12 (soon to be 13 ) but she is adult-sized, nearly 5 feet 5 inches tall with a size 9 foot.

Quote ConsciousCuisine
    ... Also, she's only 12 (soon to be 13 ) but she is adult-sized, nearly 5 feet 5 inches tall with a size 9 foot.
    Wow! She's taller than me!

For Paul, age 2 yr, 3 mo.:

Breakfast:
    3 adult-size chocolate banana walnut pancakes (requesting these almost every day now!)
    1 cup chocolate soy milk

Snacks today included: Cliff Zbar, mixed nuts, dried apricots, can't remember if he had a snow pea from the garden

Lunch:
    1 slice of sour pecan bread with ~2 Tbsp peanut butter and ~ 1 1/2 Tbsp whole fruit blackberry spread
    a few baby carrots with some dressing
    ~1/2 pear

Dinner:
    1 taco--organic taco shell with 2 Tbsp shredded lettuce, 1 Tbsp cheddar veganrella and 3 Tbsp filling (onion, bell pepper, garlic, tomato, black beans, tvp, chilies, broth) --he loved the tacos!
    chips and guacamole (finger-licking good, apparently )
    about 3/4 cup cherries (he kept calling them grapes... LOL)

Seems a bit light on the veggies and I forgot the vitamin and flaxseed today. I think I need to make some hummus again... we go through that quickly when I make it! (And it's great for making veggie sandwiches for lunch that my son will eat.)
    If at first you don't succeed, laugh as you set it ablaze!

ConsciousCuisine

Peas, she *is* pretty tall for her age! A great example of a healthy vegan!

Litsea, you feed a nice variety of food to Paul! He has a good appetite for a toddler

Today, I am with Blake all day and so can post what she's eating

2 cups tamale pie with corn tortillas, black and pinto beans, faux chorizo, shredded yukon gold potatoes, corn, tomatillo and green chile salsa, tomato sauce, sliced black olives, onions, garlic, spices and served with nutritional yeast and 2 T. shredded vegan cheese

2 cups steamed broccoli with 1 cup white beans, spices and 1 tsp. coconut oil

1 cup baby carrots

1 cup pineapple

2 cups smoothie of hazelnut milk, blueberries, cherries and 1 T. ground flax

2 cups soup of napa cabbage, onions, garlic, potatoes, black beans, tomatoes, purple cabbage, quinoa and spices served with 2 tsp. nutritional yeast and 2 tsp. Udo's Blend Oil

1/2 oz. dark chocolate with cacao nibs

40 oz. water, throughout the day

1 sublingual B-12, 2 "Bone Support" capsules and 4 kids chewable vegan gummy vitamins (4 is a serving)

Miniraccoon, age 9

Breakfast: Apple breakfast square, chocolate banana smoothie, orange juice.

Snack: Piece of fruit (not sure which, 20p from the school fruit stall).

Dinner: Cheatin' ham sandwich on granary bread, soya yoghurt, mini breadsticks dipped in chocolate spread, a pear, apple juice.

Snack: Banana. Apple juice.

Tea: Wholewheat pasta with pasta sauce from a jar, broccoli, carrots, black olives and parmazano. Scotch pancakes (thanks Cherry for the recipe, your site is brilliant!) drizzled with maple syrup and a scoop of swedish glace vanilla icecream. Water
    "He who binds himself to a Joy, Does the winged life destroy;
    He who kisses the Joy as it flies, Lives in Eternity's sunrise"
    William Blake

Quote ConsciousCuisine
    Litsea, you feed a nice variety of food to Paul! He has a good appetite for a toddler
    Thanks! It's nice to read that from a nutritionist! And, I always love seeing what you feed Blake... gives me ideas sometimes.

Well, today Paul did not seem very hungry, but here goes! He took a bad fall on Monday and earned his first two stitches in his forehead.

Breakfast:
    ~1/2 cup multigrain hot cereal with fortified rice milk, raisins, walnuts, dry sweetener, ground flaxseed, cinnamon
    ~1/2 cup chocolate fortified rice milk
    1 Soloray multi vitamin
    he requested peanut butter, so 3 tbsp of that by the time he was finished

Snacks today: some nut and seed trail mix, two snow peas and some spinach stolen from the garden, one agave stick, and 1 square of organic chocolate while we watched Willy Wonka!

Lunch:
    ~2 tbsp hummus with some flaxseed oil in it
    ~1/4 of a whole wheat pita
    he didn't touch the salad

Dinner:
    -two spoonfuls of sweet potato soup (was posted in the forums recently--used soy milk and broth instead of coconut milk)
    -he didn't touch the kale with carmalized shallots
    ~2 tbsp of dark red kidney beans with a little cajun seasoning
    ~5-6 tbsp of polenta studded with corn and green chili (made with broth and soymilk) --he loved the "corn bread", as he called it! Geez, his FATHER even went for seconds on the polenta, and he doesn't even like polenta!

Tomorrow will have to be a peas, carrots and broccoli day... he didn't eat many veggies today.

ConsciousCuisine

Wow...Hope Paul's feeling better soon!

Today, Here's what Blake had:

1 sprouted grains, lentils and carrot pita with avocado, romaine, nutritional yeast and ume

10 oz. orange juice

To school:

1 sprouted grains, lentils and carrot pita with avocado, romaine, nutritional yeast and ume

1 cup baby carrots

1 tangelo

1 Cliff-Z Bar

1 oz. rippled chips

1 orange

12 cashews

At home:

1 sprouted grains tortilla filled with black beans, avocado, romaine lettuce, roma tomato and habanero salsa

1/2 cup roasted mashed potatoes, cauliflower, onions and garlic with spinach, corn, soy milk, nutritional yeast and ume

1 coconut ice pop

1 sublingual B-12

Water throughout the day (I'm not sure how much but at least 5 glasses)

ConsciousCuisine

Well, it's a teenaged day

2 slices apple spice and fiber bread with coconut cream and maple butter

10 oz. pomegranate and blueberry juice

1 orange

1 Cliff-Z Bar

3 1/2 corn shell tacos with black beans, rice, guacamole, hot salsa and romaine lettuce

1 oz. corn tortilla chips with 1 T. each hot salsa and guacamole

10 oz. soy milk with Caffix (herbal coffee substitute) and mint cocoa

2 cups broccoli and white beans with garlic, flax oil, nutritional yeast and ume

5 glasses of water throughout the day

1 sublingual B-12 and 3 calcium/magnesium/zinc/Vitamin D capsules

Yummy!

All your kids eat so well puts my 4 year old to shame. The most health things he eats are various fruits and avocados. Any advice appreciated on how to feed a fussy eater.

Today he ate:

toast & vegemite
    some orange
    raspberries
    canteloupe(rockmelon)
    carrots
    spinach pastie.

And this was a good day.

I am a health nut and have always tried him with d/t things but find he is becoming more and more restrictive about what he will eat. HELP

If you want to get him to eat more veggies, maybe you can offer them in kid-pleasing sauces and dips? Like broccoli with a nutritional yeast based cheezy sauce, raw veggies dipped in vegan ranch or a vegan "mayo-like" sauce, lightly steamed bok choy (the most mild of the leafy greens in my opinion) with a garlic-lemon sauce...

Yes he does like dips - thank goodness. But there's no way he will eat chopped up veggies with them I've tried. He only likes dips with vege chips (a type of crisp style chip) or crackers.

Today his diet has been too dismal to even mention on here.

My son likes veggies, so I don't know that I can offer you much... but, I've heard that sometimes if you just leave little veggie plates around where your little one is with some dip that eventually they'll start eating them.

I've even managed to have my son (2 yrs old) try something new with the old "I'll let you leave the table if you just take one bite of ______________." I figure if he likes it, he'll come back. He doesn't always, but it's worth a shot.

Yes I use that trick of just have a try and then you can leave the table/have dessert or whatever. It works with things he will 'just tolerate' but others like broccoli. cauli, peas etc he will blankly refuse or just spit them out.
    I think I just need to be patient and keep encouraging him and he may improve with age

Hmmm... I don't know if you have the space for it, but have you tried having him help with growing a garden with you? My son is delighted with our garden and constantly 'steals' bits of spinach and snow peas lately for snacks. I'm planning on having him grow some green beans and sunflowers this year (and I know he'll attack the strawberries and grapes!). I've read that if they grow it themselves, sometimes kids are more likely to eat veggies.

Also, I let my son choose which veggies he has at meals (most of the time). --For example: "would you like peas, broccoli, spinach or salad?" When I do this, he almost always eats what he requested. Try having him pick out veggies at the store to try for dinner... that might encourage him too. If he feels as though he has some control he may be more open to eating them.

I was reading in one of my books the other day that you can sneak avocado and cooked carrots into fruit smoothies. I've done the avocado and didn't notice any odd flavors. That might be worth a try.

Avocado is actually one of the few green things he will eat so I don't have to sneak it in.

The other stuff he just refuses.

We can't grow veg here unfortunatly as we live out in the dry aussie bush and hardly have enough tank water for outselves.

We do grow some herbs and things in pots.

I'm just concerned as he used to eat a better variety but is now becoming quite restrictive with his choices.

I feel like he will soon just be existing on air.

ConsciousCuisine

Quote treehugga
    I am a health nut and have always tried him with d/t things but find he is becoming more and more restrictive about what he will eat. HELP
    Find things he *will* eat that have the nutrients he needs and keep offering things he has refused in the past. Do *not* 'bribe' or use food as a reward! Setting up the idea of 'good' vs 'bad' food isn't a good idea. Keep offering nutritious foods and eventually he'll eat them!

Offer the dips he likes with any vegies or fruits he will eat as well as ones he doesn't usually enjoy, keeping the crisps and crackers out of the mix altogether. Firmly tell him that it's not time for those foods, that it;s time for *these* foods (the ones you are presenting). Keep the foods that have little nutrition out of the house or at the very least out of sight! Follow up with supplementation as insurance, if you are concerned about his nutrition.

I apologise that I cannot remember how old he is please tell me and I'll be more detailed if you'd like

Don't lose faith! You are doing a great job!

ConsciousCuisine

Here's what my Daughter (she's 13 now!) had yesterday:

3/4 cup baked tater tots with 1/3 cup fresh salsa

2 slices kalamata olive bread with 2 T. avocado-miso-jalapeno olive spread

2 cups kale with green beans, garlic and carmelized onions with 1/2 T. miso and nutritional yeast and spices

3 slices seeded sourdough bread with 1/2 cup marinara sauce and 1 T. nutritional yeast

6 peices tempura (baked) vegetables (taro, green beans, zucchini, carrot, sugar snap pea, onion)

1 cup green tea noodles

2 cups asparagus, broccoli, carrots, onion, garlic

2 oz. tofu and many, many spices

1 T. sesame seeds and nutritional yeast in a flavorful, lemony-ginger broth

2 cups grapefruit juice

1 cup rice milk

1 oz. dark chocolate with cacao nibs

6 glasses water

1 sublingual B-12

ConsciousCuisine

Today (she may have more and if so, I'll add it on)

2 large slices banana bread (we're calling it cake but it's really bread )
    1 mug herbal tea, women's formula and 1/4 cup rice milk

1 cup red lentils with 1/2 cup peas with nutritional yeast, lemon and curry spices

2 cups broccoli, steamed then mashed with onion powder, lemon and nutritional yeast in 2 sprouted grains tortillas with 1/2 an avocado and 1 cup black beans

1 cup cranberry-pomegranate juice

2 cups fruit salad of cherimoya, green apple, tangelo, tangerine, currants, cranberries and 2 T. lemon juice with 1/2 cup soy yogurt, 1 tsp. vanilla, 1 T. agave nectar, 1/3 tsp. each cinnamon and ginger and 1 T. each ground flax, sunflower seeds and almond meal

Individual casserole: 1/2 cup arugula "pesto" with 2 slices seeded sourdough bread, torn and 1/3 cup marinara sauce

1 cup raw baby carrots with 1/3 cup arugula pesto

6 glasses water

1 sublingual B-12 and 3 calcium-magnesium-zinc-D capsules

Connor is 4.

We don't really have bad for you foods in the house. Mainly fruit and veg etc.

I buy 1 small pkt of veg chips once a fortnight as a special treat instead of junk like other kids seem to eat.

I do try not to do the good food bad food thing. But occasionally out of desperation I have done this and it has worked. I make a fuss of him when he eats well. He does enjoy a lot of fruit.

My older son was the same and now he's 20 and eats every type of fruit and veg imaginable and has grown up to be fit and healthy.

Some people believe children choose the foods they need but I do worry about the lack of variety.

I do continue to always ofer him lots of different things even those he says he doesn't like, in the hope he will like them.

There's no way he will eat raw chopped veg.

Quote ConsciousCuisine
    Today (she may have more and if so, I'll add it on) 2 cups fruit salad of cherimoya, green apple, tangelo, tangerine, currants, cranberries
    I had to look up what a 'cherimoya' is. Thanks for sparking my interest and helping me learn about a new fruit! That fruit salad sounds yummy

Diana
    akaredarcher
    If I didn't say it, don't assume it.

Today has been really grim. We went out with my mother and I'm embarrassed to say what he's eaten. My mother's idea of healthy food consists of anything chocolatey, sugary or deep fried .

My mother filled him with junk. And yes I hear you asking why did you let her do this? It was when I wasn't with them .

So dinner will consist of a healthy array of fruit etc:
    rockmelon
    avocado
    banana
    dates
    sunflower seeds and whatever else healthy is existing in the fridge.

ConsciousCuisine

Treehugga, please don'tbe embarrassed! It's important to have less than perfect days here as an example of the wide variety fo vegan meals for children

Today was my Daughter's 13th birthday party that had been postponed due to my car accident and it was a completely "teenaged" day On the plus side, we brought "organic healthier junk food" with us into the Bowling Alley

She had breakfast with my Sister and so I don't have exact details about her AM meal:

Pancakes (whole grain, buckwheat and flax) with maple syrup and Earth Balance, juice and "sausages"

At the "Party":

2 Blue Sky Sodas
    1 1/2 oz. potato chips
    4 "Newman's O's" cookies

Later, at home:

3 cups of pasta mix (whole wheat rotini, chcikpeas, peas, green beans, marinara sauce, black olives and spices)

2 slices chocolate-almond-cheese-mousse pie with a chocolate cookie crust

60 ounces of water throughout the day

ConsciousCuisine

Quote akaredarcher
    I had to look up what a 'cherimoya' is. Thanks for sparking my interest and helping me learn about a new fruit! That fruit salad sounds yummy

Diana
    akaredarcher
    It *was* really great! I may have to make one again today!

Mmm Blue Sky is good, but they don't sell it here.

ConsciousCuisine

Quote Tigerlily
    Mmm Blue Sky is good, but they don't sell it here.
    Her friends loved it! They said it tasted just like the 'regular' stuff But then one of the girls went and bought a 'Rockstar' (a energy drink that's like liquid speed and is illegal to sell to underagers) and I was *horrified* Oh well, baby steps, right ?

ConsciousCuisine

Today, A Lazy Sunday at home

2 Hempseed and flax waffles with crushed peanuts and 1 very small slice chocolate-almond-cheese-mousse pie with a chocolate cookie crust

2 small plates full of potato pancake/fritatta (so delicious, with spinach, almond meal, yukon gold potatoes, shallots, tofu and 12 other ingredients!)

12 oz. blueberry juice

^^all of that by 1pm and the rest spread throughout the day and evening:

1/2 lb. baby carrots

1/2 cup spinach-arugula pesto with 1 cup brown rice pasta and spices

2 cups broccoli with 2 T. lemon juice and 1 T. Udo's Blend Oil

2 oranges and 6 Brazil nuts

2 cups blackbean and veggie polenta pie (tomatoes, carrots, celery, onions, jalapenos, garlic, corriander, black beans, polenta and 12-veggie juice)

60 oz. water

ConsciousCuisine

It's actually rainy here today and I wish I had a Thermos to keep soup hot for my little Sweetie!

Oh well, she'll get a 'Summer' lunch instead

At home:

2 slices 'apple spice and fiber' bread (5 grams of fiber per slice!) with 2 T. delicious almond-tahini-coconut-maple spread

1 cup (1/2 and 1/2 of each) of Silk Coffee and Westbrae Plain soymilk mix

To School:

1 large yellow bell pepper, sliced and dusted with Celtic sea salt

1 cup baby carrots

1 cup mixed baby tomatoes

1 tangerine

2 slices whole grain sourdough bread with 1/3 an avocado, 1 T. stoneground mustard and 5 thin slices Tofurkey

16.9 oz. bottle of water, refilled once at school

Before practice/after school: (Here's the soup! )

2 cups black bean, corn, quinioa, carrot, celery, jalapeno, onion, shallot, leek, tomato, spinach and many spices 'soup' (more like a stew or chili really) with 1 serving flax corn bread crumbled inside and 1 T. nutritional yeast mixed in

Back at home:

12 oz. water

1 cup soup of black bean, corn, quinioa, carrot, celery, jalapeno, onion, shallot, leek, tomato, spinach and many spices with 1 serving flax corn bread crumbled inside and 1 T. nutritional yeast mixed in

1 cup steamed broccoli with 1 T. lemon juice and 2 tsp. Udo's Blend Oil

8 oz. water

2 whole grain and flax banana blueberry mini-muffins and 1 cup soymilk

Your daughter eats so well with so much variety. Her peer would be envious if they knew. It's giving me lots of ideas.

cherimoya
    Haven't eaten one in years. Can't find them in Australia. Lived in South America for a time and not only can you buy it fresh, but you also find it as a yoghurt flavour and cherimoya filled chocolate (those being non-vegan. I was a vegetarian then).

Hi, just discovered this thread (not been a member long), and its ACE! Concious Cuisine your kids eat FANTASTICALLY! I'm the UK so I'm not always sure about certain product brands you mention, but I get the general idea My l'il babaloo is only 15 months and not vegan - he's
    vegetarian (looooong story, involving compromise with my DP), but he does have vegan days, like yesterday:

First thing after waking up:

DODO!!! (his word for breastfeeding) - a full feed, both sides. He's just started sleeping for longer periods at night and wakes up in the morning extremely hungry lol!

Breakfast:

Live soya yogurt and fresh blueberries with banana.
    Oatmeal made with rice milk.
    Sunflower seed and rye bread with soya spread and whole tahini.

Midmorning: Dodo.

Latemorning: More dodo

Lunch:

Lentil and tomato stew, with steamed broccoli.
    Rye cracker with peanut butter.
    A whole pear (!)
    1 beaker of filtered water.

Late afternoon: Dodo and banana.

Dinner:

Porcini risotto with spinach and nutritional yeast
    flakes.
    Red berry oatcakes and live soya yogurt.
    1 beaker of filtered water.

Bedtime: Dodo.

Sometime after midnight, he also woke once for a full feed.

I have to add here that he is going through a major growth spurt at the moment and is really filling out. He doesn't always eat like this, but as he's still breastfeeding I don't worry at all. He has always been long and lean and a trouble to the Health Visitor as he's *technically* underweight
    according to her bloody charts lol! He's a very happy and healthy kid though, which I think says more about his wellbeing than a growth chart.

Hannah xxx

WOW your bub eats more than my 4 year old. You must be proud of such a great appetite.

Today Connor has eaten:
    1 slice toast with pasta basil and garlic sauce
    choc mousse (a la Nanna) I have now told her it's a banned substance.
    crackers and hommous dip
    fruit snacks

For dinner he will have vegan pizza -homemade.

Drinks today
    Apricot juice and water

Have all your children stopped eating? Only kidding - busy parents excused!

Diana
    akaredarcher
    If I didn't say it, don't assume it.

No. But my husband is away on training so I'm doing all the childcare. No time for computer. However I've sneaked 1/2 an hour today.

Connor has eaten:
    oatmeal and soy milk with taost and peanut butter
    peanut butter sandwich
    various fruits
    good for you muffin
    mashed potato, carrots, peas and spinach pastie.

Oz had:
    1/2 Banana.
    Peanut butter on toast.

Spicey, scrambled tofu.
    Steamed chard.

Ginger cookies.

1/2 banana
    small bunch of grapes.

handful of kidney beans in tomato sauce
    lentil and olive salad (mostly on the floor )

Corn craker with spread.

Plus the usual breastfeeds.

princessemma

My daughter was with my mother today and her diet was awful;

Breakfast (at home) Rice Snaps and soya milk, wholemeal toast and marmite

Snack (at home) apple

Lunch (with my mum) Chips in a pub, fruit shoots and some of my sisters coke!!! Dark chocolate

Dinner (at home) refused it, they brought her home late and unfed

Snack (at home) 2 slices of malt loaf, pkt raisins

This is the same person who complained about her not getting enough nutrients in a vegan diet. She had only 1-2 servings of fruit and no vegetables. At home she has at least 2-3 servings of fruit and 2-3 servings of vegetables. I make sure she has lots of soya milk for calcium.

Oz (16 months) had:

Half a mango.
    Half a kiwi.
    Live soya yogurt with tahini and blackstrap molasses.
    1/4 slice of wholegrain toast with spread.
    1 cup soya milk.

Half a banana.
    1/4 slice of wholegrain toast with houmous and avocado oil.
    A handful of black olives.
    Two slices of grilled aubergine.
    1 cup filtered water

I cup of seared tofu chunks with harissa paste.
    Half a banana.
    1 cup of broad beans, carrots, peas, french beans and sweetcorn.
    Live soya yogurt with tahini and molasses.
    1 cup of apple juice diluted with filtered water.

We spent 2.5 hours toddling on the common, which may explain the massive food intake!
    Hannah xxx

I hear ya PrincessEmma. My mother is exactly the same! .

Today Connor has had:

wholebran cereal
    roll and nuttela at friends house
    watermelon
    pkt chips at friends house
    advocado and basil pesto pasta

Today Oz ate:

Some wholewheat raisin splits with soya milk.
    1 pear
    Soya yogurt, tahini and molasses.
    Water.

Oatcakes with spread.
    Soya milk.
    1/4 piece of bread with peanut butter.

1/2 Pitta bread with silken tofu/miso spread.
    1/2 kidney bean, nut and seed burger with sun-dried tomato spread.
    Small heap of grated carrot and chopped yellow pepper.

Hannah xxx

Hannah:

What do you do with the tahini, yogurt and molasses? I am very new to this and bought a huge jar of blackstrap molasses and have no idea what to do with them! Is it the same as black treacle?

Also, in my tired delirium I thought you had fed Oz 1/2 a kidney bean! I was thinking "what?????!!!"... must sleep soon

Bunny lol! I must use punctuation more accurately lol! 1/2 a kidney bean, poor little mite!
    I make a mixture of four tablespoons of soya yogurt, one tablespoon of tahini, and one tablespoon of balckstrap molasses. Its great for calcium from the tahini, plus iron and other inerals from the molasses. If you use live soya yog, you get the added benefits of that too. I love it and I'm introducing it to oz now too. It's an aquired taste for some. Molasses is also good to dissolve in a glass of fresh orange juice - the iron is more easily absorbed when taken with the vit c from the orange.

I see! Thanks for that Hannah... I suppose I could open the jar now

Today Oz ate:

Soya yogurt with stewed apple and blueberry puree.
    Rye crackers with spread and Tahini.
    1 tbsp of peanut butter.

Cup of kiwi, banana, passionfruit and spirulina smoothie.
    1 slice of grilled aubergine.
    1 slice of grilled red pepper.
    1 slice of grilled tomato.

Slice of wholegrain bread with yeast extract.
    1/2 kiwi.
    Cucumber sticks with tofu dip

Plus the usual breastfeeds