Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What did your Vegan Child/ren Eat Today?

ConsciousCuisine

Default Re: What did your Vegan Child/ren Eat Today?

Quote Tigerlily
    CC, did Blake stop eating????????????????
    No! No one really kept up with this thread and so I stopped posting...I'll post today after dinner She had a fun day, food-wise, with more treats than usual so it should be a good read

Please do!

ConsciousCuisine

Blake's Day:

6 oz. water

breakfast:
    10 oz. Silk Enchanced
    1 Sprouted English Muffin (made with pumpkin, flax and sesame seeds)
    1 T. Non-Hydrogenated Tofutti Cream Cheese

to school:
    12 oz. water (to be refilled at school from the 5 gallon container I bring to her classroom for all the children )

Morning snack:
    1 very large green apple (bigger than my fist)

Lunch:
    1/2 c. Brown Rice Pasta
    1/2 c. peas
    1/2 c. spinach
    1 T. unhulled sesame seeds
    Sauce for the above ^^made of 2 tsp. Flax Oil, 1/2 tsp. Umeboshi Vinegar, Cilantro, Pepper, Garlic and Chile
    12 oz. calcium-fortified orange juice

Afternoon snack:
    1/2 c. baby carrots
    1/2 c. baby tomatoes
    5 slices Tofurkey Hickory Slices

After school:
    Grape Vitamin Water
    Pecans and Dates (1/3 c. total)

Later:
    8 oz. water

At home for an early dinner:
    4 small gluten "neat balls"
    1 1/2 cups high fiber/protein pasta
    1 1/2 cups broccoli, spinach, onions, garlic and zucchini
    1 oz. rice-based vegan cheese, shredded
    1 cup tomatoes with basil
    ^^all mixed together with 1 tsp. nutritional yeast and served with 1 piece rosemary focaccia for dipping

Evening treat:
    1/2 c. Cookies and Dream Rice Dream
    2 wheat-free Newman's O's
    1 T. ground flax
    1T. wheat germ
    2/3 c. Silk Enhanced
    ^^all blended into a "Milk Shake" (sooooooooo delicious!)

So, more processed and higher calorie than usual but all in all a protein, fiber and nutrient-rich day!

Sometimes Blake has "hungry" days where I know she's going through a growth spurt and needs more fats, protein, calories and such, so I don't worry about days like these that have more calories than usual...I know that I will balance it out tomorrow by what I feed her, likely more veggies and fruits (kale and salad for dinner and a smoothie for an afternoon snack). The thing is, her appetite usually adjusts all on its own!

Quote ConsciousCuisine
    12 oz. water (to be refilled at school from the 5 gallon container I bring to her classroom for all the children )
    What a great idea and such a nice thing for you to do!

ConsciousCuisine

Thanks! We have a Cooperative School with a high level of parent involvement and we are allowed to do all kinds of cool things with and for the children! Every year, we have a "Vegan Expo" where we discuss AR, heath, environment issues and offer delicious, healthy, cruelty-free goodies and have a simple cooking/un-cooking demo. I love her school!

Sounds like a great school, CC!

wow that does sound great! i always think about when i have children, and how i hope that i dont run into problems with them being vegan. (meaning like, i dont want to hear people complain to me about how im doing the wrong thing, or doctors saying im not doing the right thing if im vegan and pregnant, or if my child will end up wanting to eat meat, etc. etc. it stresses me out alot!) did u ever have these problems cc?
    "you dont have to be tall to see the moon" - african proverb

ConsciousCuisine

Quote foxytina_69
    wow that does sound great! i always think about when i have children, and how i hope that i dont run into problems with them being vegan. (meaning like, i dont want to hear people complain to me about how im doing the wrong thing, or doctors saying im not doing the right thing if im vegan and pregnant, or if my child will end up wanting to eat meat, etc. etc. it stresses me out alot!) did u ever have these problems cc?
    Yes. I was warned by her pediatrician that she was sure to be lacking in nutrients ("Doesn't she eat eggs at least?" he said ), my sister rolled her eyes and refused to feed Blake vegan for a while (she'd not look for traces and wouldn't keep cheese from her during our transition) Blake has been teased and so on. She's doing quite well now and I have relaxed a bit, giving her more choices (as long as it is a vegan one, for instance, I occasionally allow a soda when we are at a friend's house etc.) .

that is a big fear for me, about the teasing, but u and blake (and the giant!) seem to have gotten through it very well, and i guess all the triumphs are worth it in the end. she'll be so extremely thankful she went through things like that, because in the end, it was her mom who loved her enough to get through it and make the choices u did, and she'll be so thankful for the rest of her life once she sees how much health she has, since she started so young, to the rest of the world!

ConsciousCuisine

^^Thanks, Foxy! She does feel like she's lucky and while I am sure she will rebel as all teens do (drink soda, coffee, maybe even eat cow cheese pizza at a party or something ) I believe she will always come back to veganism as it is a part of her core and she *will* reflect back on her childhood, knowing how lucky she was!

ConsciousCuisine

Okay, so here's Blake's day today:

8 oz. water

Breakfast:
    1 sprouted english muffin (made with pumpkin, flax and sesame seeds) with 1 T. Cherry spread (all fruit) and 1 T. non-hydrogenated Tofutti cream cheese
    12 oz. Silk Enhanced

12 oz. water (to be refilled at school)

To school:
    3 small gluten "neat balls"
    1 cup high fiber/protein pasta
    1 cup broccoli, spinach, onions, garlic and zucchini
    1/2 oz. rice-based vegan cheese, shredded
    2/3 cup tomatoes with basil
    ^^all mixed together with 1 tsp. nutritional yeast and served with 1 piece rosemary focaccia for dipping

Afternoon snack:
    2 all fruit strawberry leathers
    1/2 cup baby carrots
    1/2 cup baby tomatoes
    8oz. apple juice

6 oz. water

After school:
    Smoothie of 1/2 cup peaches, 1/2 cup strawberries, 1/2 cup Silk Enhanced, 1/2 cup calcium-fortified orange juice, 1 T ground flax and 1 T. wheat germ

Dinner:
    2 cups steamed kale served with 1/4 cup lemon juice, 2 cloves garlic and 1 tsp. flax oil
    Salad of 1 cup mixed baby greens, 1/2 cup shredded beets, 1/3 cup artichoke hearts
    1 T. pumpkin seeds, 1/4 an avocado, 1 T. flax oil, 2 T. lemon juice, 1/2 tsp. umeboshi, 1 clove garlic and pepper blended, as dressing
    1 1/2 cups red lentil leek dahl and 1 piece naan bread

6 oz. water

She eats really well for her age. Does she go to an alternative learning school?

I want to be a teacher and some day open up my own alternative school with a vegan cafeteria. Mmmmmmm.

ConsciousCuisine

She goes to a cooperative charter school (lots of parent involvement) and I send her lunches and snacks.

I dream of having a retreat center/summer camp program (all vegan naturally). Maybe you can be a guest teacher when I am able to actualize my dream

Yeah that sounds really fun.

And my kids can go too.

Thanks for posting here more, CC! I'm mostly through the transition here and I like seeing what others are feeding their children. Although my son is only 2 years old (just had a birthday complete with a vegan cake!), I find ideas here that I can use.

I was sooooo happy at my son's pediatrician visit the other day. My husband has been arguing with me over taking our son along with me in veganism and wanted to wait until we talked to the pediatrician about it. Well, I went into the visit prepared with my Raising Vegetarian Children book and his vitamins and ready for arguments. Arguments were not necessary as our pediatrician just so happens to have other veg*n patients. He flat out said that my son does not need meat. I have to say that felt like a major victory for me with my husband! -Too bad he didn't go to the visit, but I told him about it. The pediatrician looked through the book and wrote down the information for other parents and just expressed his few concerns with certain nutrients, but seemed at ease when I mentioned some of my son's favorite foods (broccoli, peanut butter, spinach, and lots of fruits).

Considering the theme of this thread:

For breakfast, my 2-yr old son had:
    -~8 oz of a fruit smoothie (enriched soy milk, strawberries, blueberries, cranberries, tropical fruit mix and some cinnamon)
    -1/4 of a whole grain english muffin with ~1 tbsp of peanut butter
    -a vegetarian multivitamin

ConsciousCuisine

Hey, Litsea, great post! Nice to have the support of your child's doctor

Well, here's a day that I am proud of

Blake, age 12 Organic Vegan:

water

fresh veggie juices:

16 oz. beet, beet greens, carrots, celery, gala apple

*and*

10 oz. incredible veggie juice with Superfood, flax oil and ume mixed in

1 cup vegetable soup (bok choy, red cabbage, red and white onions, leeks, garlic, carrots, fire-roasted tomatoes, celery and red lentils)

1 peice sprouted (flourless) sesame bread

2 cups vegetable soup (bok choy, red cabbage, red and white onions, leeks, garlic, carrots, fire-roasted tomatoes, celery and red lentils)

2 peices sprouted (flourless) sesame bread

1/2 cup baby tomatoes

1 stalk celery

1 serving applesauce

8 oz. apple juice

2 pieces sprouted (flourless) sesame bread

1/3 cup guacamole

2 leaves romaine lettuce

1/2 cup baby tomatoes

8 oz. apple juice

2 cups steamed broccoli with lemon, ume and nutritional yeast

2 oz. nigiri tofu

1 T unhulled sesame seeds

1 T. spicy Kim Chee

1 cup Salt-Free Somen Asian noodles

ginger/lemon/pepper/mirin/brown rice vinegar sauce

12 oz. Silk Light

About 20 (adult sized) veggie and fruit servings

added on:

3 T. toasted sunflower seeds

3 T. toasted almonds

4 oz. low-fat homemade chocolate pudding

mmmm! i wish you were my mom!!!!!

I want sesame bread NOW

Quote foxytina_69
    mmmm! i wish you were my mom!!!!!
    Yeah! My Mum is a great cook but nutrition isn't what she bases her meals on.

mine too. she made FANTASTIC meals and she was the best cook ever, but they werent always THAT healthy. although she did make ALOT of veggies and always put fruit out and always had lots of it.

Hi, I have a three year old. An average meal anytime of day might consist of:

Fried Tofu with spinach and tamari on one peice of sourdough rye and potato bread.

Steamed vege's and brown rice with mustard seed oil and lemon

lentil and rice and vege 'stew' type thing when lazy all cooked in one pot with maybe some fresh herbs,

Avocado on rice cakes with nut butter sometimes or tahini

Stir fried vege's and tempeh with buckwheat noodles

pasta of different grains with various sauces and ground golden flaxseed, almond and sunflower

snacks might be: fruit, nuts, bread, Me!

My boy is a good eater, likes most foods and is still breastffeding heaps, so I don't give him any other drinks other than water. Actually up till now that is, he has just started occasionally requesting soy milk or freshly squeezed orange juice. I am not that keen on him having too much soy even though I think a three or four times a week is fine.

We take a B12 supplement a few times a week. I would like to feed him more salad and fresh things but he prefers cooked though cucumber and tomato are fine - nothing too stringy or requiring too much chewing, I would like to feed him less fried stuff (even though we use really good cold pressed olive oil and dont deep fry. I have always severely limited salt but now think we have a bit too much tamari as he is eating with me mostly now. We have no sugar or sweets, limit dried fruit (for teeth) and dont like mock meats or other heavily processed stuff. We avoid eating too much wheat and tomato sauces but still eat a fair bit!

I dont drink or take any drugs but do partake of a little (block of!) vegan choccie now and then that would get into his breast milk! Sorry hope this rave isnt too long!

FR

*wishes one of you fine ladies were my mommy!

*wishes one of you fine ladies were my mommy!
    I was about to say the exact same thing.
    Wow, I can't even remember what I ate when I was a little kid. I think a lot of boxed macaroni and cheese and bread. And not a lot of vegetables, which is why I have such poor eating habits now. (but I'm getting better!)

omg I can't wait to have little vegan babies. I'm going to take such good care of them. I already have a bunch of baby clothes I've bought- like tie-dye onesies. (I'm a sophomore in college still)

ConsciousCuisine

Here's what Blake had yesterday:

2 cups crustless tofu quiche with many spices, nutritional yeast, ume, shallots, leeks, onions, garlic, broccoli, zucchini and spinach served over 1 peice sprouted grains sesame toast

12 oz. calcium-fortified orange juice with 1 serving hemp protein powder

2 tofu cutlets, 1 cup eggplant marinara with tomatoes, onions, garlic and spices, 1 large whole wheat enchilada with sliced black olives, tomatoes, zucchini, spinach, onions, garlic and 1 oz. vegan cheese

2 large cherry tomatoes, a few bites of my mixed greens salad, 1/2 a sliced avocado, 1 whole wheat chapati, 1 cup mashed potatoes and mushroom gravy and 3/4 a cup "refried" black beans

1/3 cup Braggs-toasted sunflower seeds

1 scoop cashew ice cream w/12 oz. sparkling cherry juice made into a "float"

Loads of water and a sublingual B-12

Did I mention that she is ALWAYS hungry lately? She's growin' like a bunch o' collard greens!

ConsciousCuisine

Quote thecatspajamas1
    omg I can't wait to have little vegan babies. I'm going to take such good care of them. I already have a bunch of baby clothes I've bought- like tie-dye onesies. (I'm a sophomore in college still)
    That is so cute! I wish I could have another (several) babies!

More realistic: I'd like to be a foster mom.

Welcome back CC! I'm glad you're posting in this thread again! It's still one of my faves. Your Blake eats SO healthy!

See you around the forums again! And let us know what Blake eats today!
    "Man can do as he wills, but not will as he wills" - Arthur Schopenhauer

ConsciousCuisine

Thanks, Yoggy

I wasn't home from 7-7 so I didn't feed her myself...here's yesterday's eats:

2 cups oatmeal cooked in soy milk with ground flax, oat bran fiber, blueberries, coconut oil and agave nectar mixed in

3 cups black beans, rice, romaine lettuce, guacamole and fresh hot salsa

1 Amy's strawberry toaster pastry

Calcium-fortified orange juice

1 sprouted grains bun spread with dijon mustard, reduced-fat mayo and a "faux chick'n" patty

2 sliced tomatoes and a serving of oven fries

1 Cliff Z Bar

1 cup fortified soy milk

45 oz. of water (she keeps track by using a water bottle)

Kinda light on the veggies! Just wait! Today will be full of chard and shallots and onions, oh my!!!

princessemma

Not brilliant today. We have chips on a Saturday but I am strict the rest of the week.

Dont beat up about it. Nobody is perfect and a little junk once in a while won't hurt anybody. Just remember how most Westerners eat - bacon and eggs or donuts for breakfast, hamburgers and fries or chicken nuggets or slabs of meat for lunch and dinner - plus snacks of chips and chocolate

BTW CC - I am still disappointed that I never got to taste your food in San Diego

ConsciousCuisine

Quote stickydate

BTW CC - I am still disappointed that I never got to taste your food in San Diego
    And I am still disapointed that I never got to cook for you! Perhaps you'll make it back someday or I'll come to your area!

YAY!!! It would have been much needed as well - I felt so sick from all of the greasy American food - I spent a whole day looking for a freaking apple once coz I didn't have any fruit for a few days

ConsciousCuisine

Today, my little Sweetie had the following:

Breakfast with Auntie: Bran-raisin cereal with soy milk, 1 slice bread with Earth Balance, fresh pineapple and lemon tea

Lunch at school, made by Me : Salad of mixed greens: romaine, arugula, baby spinach, baby romaine, shredded carrots, sliced avocado and a sliced "chik'n" patty with Goddess dressing

1 Cliff-Z Bar

Organic "triscuit" style crackers

A gala apple

After school: 2 large bowls pressure-cooker soup: spinach, potato, napa cabbage, carrots, shallots, onions, leeks, garlic, Italian spices, veggie broth and nutritional yeast.

1/2 a sprouted grains bun with BBQ seitan and one jalapeno-stuffed olive

Milk shake: 2 mint chocolate cookies, 1 cup Vitasoy Complete, 2 T. Silk Creamer, 1/2 cup soy ice cream

1 cup calcium-fortified orange juice with hemp protein powder

4 16.9 oz. bottles water

1 sublingual B-12 tablet

Woah. I want you to plan my meals.

ConsciousCuisine

Quote Morna
    Woah. I want you to plan my meals.
    Well, that *can* be arranged

Here's today:

Morning:
    "Momma loves you" cereal: Oats, barley, rye and wheat cooked with soy milk w/blueberries, almond meal, cashews, cinnamon, vanilla and coconut oil added afterwards

At school:
    Salad of romaine, baby romaine, chickpeas, yellow and red baby tomatoes, sliced avocado, toasted pepitas and dressing made of lemon juice, Udo's Blend Oil, pressed garlic and spices

Applesauce

Enriched Rice Dream

1 Cliff Nectar Bar (all fruit and nuts bar with nothing else added)

After school:
    Asparagus, artichoke hearts, potato, bok choy, onion, shallot, garlic, corn and white bean soup with nutritional yeast, many spices and herbs

Whole wheat pasta spirals with tempeh bolognese (a spicy marinara with crumbled tempeh), nutritional yeast and vegan parmesean

Steamed kohlrabi and chard with lemon juice, Udo's Blend Oil and nutritional yeast

Calcium-fortified orange juice with hemp protein powder

4 16.9 oz. bottles water (or more)

1 sublingual B-12 tablet

I am sure she'll ask for a sweet thing of some sort later, so I may be doing some baking

ConsciousCuisine

Quote ConsciousCuisine
    Well, that *can* be arranged

Here's today:

Morning:
    "Momma loves you" cereal: Oats, barley, rye and wheat cooked with soy milk w/blueberries, almond meal, cashews, cinnamon, vanilla and coconut oil added afterwards

At school:
    Salad of romaine, baby romaine, chickpeas, yellow and red baby tomatoes, sliced avocado, toasted pepitas and dressing made of lemon juice, Udo's Blend Oil, pressed garlic and spices

Applesauce

Enriched Rice Dream

1 Cliff Nectar Bar (all fruit and nuts bar with nothing else added)

After school:
    Asparagus, artichoke hearts, potato, bok choy, onion, shallot, garlic, corn and white bean soup with nutritional yeast, many spices and herbs

Whole wheat pasta spirals with tempeh bolognese (a spicy marinara with crumbled tempeh), nutritional yeast and vegan parmesean

Steamed kohlrabi and chard with lemon juice, Udo's Blend Oil and nutritional yeast

Calcium-fortified orange juice with hemp protein powder

4 16.9 oz. bottles water (or more)

1 sublingual B-12 tablet

I am sure she'll ask for a sweet thing of some sort later, so I may be doing some baking
    I ended up making 12 low-fat chocolate-almond mini-bundt cakes and she had one. They turned out fine...they just tasted more like cafeteria cupcakes than Devil's Food Decadence Bundt Brownie Bombs!!!

She didn't like it that much as she's used to treats with lots of gooey goodness and none of this low-fat nonsense :laugh: But she keeps saying she wants to eat "healthier" food (that means lower-fat and sugar) largely due to the discussions all her anorexic lookin' Cheeto-eatin and Capri-Sun drinkin' buddies and her have been having!

ConsciousCuisine

Home:

8 oz. water

1 cup mixed rye, wheat, barley and oats, cooked with enriched soy milk (Vitasoy Complete, a low sugar, added fiber milk) with almond meal and coconut cream mixed in after cooking

School:

10 oz. water

Salad of 1/2 a can chickpeas, 1/3 a cucumber, 1 tomato, 1 cup baby lettuces, 1 cup romaine, salad sprinkle herbs and lower-fat balsamic dressing

1 Cliff Nectar Bar

10 oz. water

Home:

Salad of 1 T. toasted pepitas, 1 cup baby lettuces, 1 sliced tomato, 1/3 a cucumber, 1 tsp. smoky soy bits and 1 T. lower-fat balsamic dressing

1 cup steamed collard greens with spices, lemon juice and 1 tsp. Vegenaise

6 slices herbed, marinated pan-seared tofu

1 cup udon noodles with cashews, peas and Thai spices

1 cup tomato-lime juice

Evening:

10 oz. water

1/2 cup low-fat vanilla "ice cream" with 2 T. large coconut flakes

Chinese herbs, calcium/magnesum/zinc/D and natural iron supplements

That breakfast of rye, wheat, barley and oats sounds fabulous CC!
    "Man can do as he wills, but not will as he wills" - Arthur Schopenhauer

princessemma

Lara aged 3

Breakfast; wholemeal toast with pure sunflower spread and marmite, tesco rice snaps and so good soya milk

Lunch; soy cheese and tomato sandwich (but she picked the tomato off)
    sticks of red pepper

Afternoon snack at Nursery; soy milkshake in a carton and a banana

After Nursery; packet whizzers chocolate balls

Dinner; Linda Mccartney sausage, mashed potato, swede, peas and homemade gravy, peaches and swedish glace ice-cream, orange-juice

ConsciousCuisine

The usual breakfast: 1 1/2 cups rye, barley, wheat, oats cooked in soymilk with maple bits and almond meal

1 cup orange juice

10 oz. water

At school:

2 1/2 oz. Tofurkey slices

1/2 cup cherry tomatoes

1/2 cup baby carrots

4 mini whole wheat pitas

3 T. home made pesto

2 apple fruit leathers

10 oz. water

After school, before practice:

2 cups papaya

8 oz. water

At home:

10 oz of water

5 oz. BBQ gluten

3 cups asparagus, broccoli, spinach and peas mixture with 1 T. cashews, spices, 2 cloves garlic and 1 tsp. umeboshi vinegar

1 serving rosemary focaccia

10 oz. tomato-lime juice

And I am sure she'll want some Rice Dream later and will have more water

1 sublingual B-12 and whole-foods herbal iron supplement

mmm that sounds like a delicious day

ConsciousCuisine

Quote foxytina_69
    mmm that sounds like a delicious day
    It was but reviewing it, I see so much wheat/gluten She needs more protein lately and it's easier to get it in quickly with soy/gluten than beans lately.

That's one reason why I like logging everything...it gives me perspective and looking over it all lets me know how the next day should be

For Paul (2yrs and 3mos):

Breakfast:
    ~3/4 cup mixed rye, wheat, barley and oats (organic blend I bought at Trader Joe's), cooked with soy milk, cinnamon and raisins with walnuts and ground flax seed added after cooking
    1 children's multivitamin
    1/2 cup apple cider

snacks: homemade fruit leather (strawberry, applesauce and whatever fruits he turns away at assorted times generally go into it. ), almond pear bread, snow peas from the garden.

Lunch:
    Peanut butter and all-fruit spread (blackberry) sandwich on whole wheat bread, 1 slice
    Peas, which he didn't really eat
    Raw baby carrots, of which he ate 1

another 1/2 cup apple cider

Dinner:
    ~2 Tbsp (slice) of seitan
    ~3-4 Tbsp whole wheat couscous
    ~2-3 Tbsp avocado, a few pecans and 1 carrot from his salad, which also had mesclun, tomato and raspberry hazelnut dressing... he chewed on some of the mesclun, but can't confirm he swallowed any... LOL
    ~3 Tbsp of Good Gravy (from Raising Vegetarian Children)--he loved it!

he had some of his dad's 'juice'--lemonade with soda water added.

Looking at this, I'm thinking that he'll ask for some chocolate soy milk in the morning!
    If at first you don't succeed, laugh as you set it ablaze!

princessemma

Lara aged 3

Breakfast; 2 weetabix with fortified soya milk, 100mls orange juice

Lunch; wholemeal bread with pure sunflower spread, 'cheatin' ham, cucumber and tomato, 1/2 an apple, 100mls fortified soya milk

Snack; 1/2 carton soya milkshake, a banana

Snack; 6 squares (1oz) green and black's hazelnut and currant chocolate, 100mls fortified soya milk

Dinner; Almond Curry and Pilau rice, 1 scoop swedish glace; vanilla

She hasn't stopped eating today! I am so pleased especially as I'm having to keep a diary of her food for the dietician.

ConsciousCuisine

3 LARGE buckwheat, soy, cinnamon and maple bits pancakes

2 tempeh sausages

1 bowl oat-o's cereal

12 oz. Vitasoy Complete milk

1/2 a pineapple

1/2 a 1 lb bag of baby carrots

2 cups soba noodles, red onion, garlic, kale, steamed kale, peas, nutritional yeast, umeboshi, green curry and baked seasoned tofu

1 1/2 cups steamed brussels sprouts with 1 T. balsamic dressing

1/2 cup Rice Dream with 1 tsp. maple bits and 2 T. chocolate chips

Lots of water and a sublingual B-12

Sounds delicious. I love chocolate chi[s in "ice cream".

Is it kale's season now?
    Peace, love, and happiness.

Kale is a cold-weather crop. I just planted some in my garden within the last week!
    If at first you don't succeed, laugh as you set it ablaze!

Yesterday (I think the terrible 2's are approaching, they were really tough but they're both teething as well)

Breakfast:
    Water
    Organic steel-cut oatmeal with organic blueberries and organic blackstrap molasses (Ben ate almost 1/2 cup, Sarah had 2 teaspoons then 1 teaspoon of my plain oatmeal)
    Organic Oatios with vanilla almond milk (each had about 1/4 cup)
    Sarah had 1 container of organic strawberry soy yogurt
    8oz each of organic rice milk with 1 teaspoon each of Udo's Oil

Lunch:
    Water
    Rejected the following items: lentil/brown rice/pea/mixed veggy stew, steamed carrots, and steamed kachoba squash
    1/2 frozen organic banana each
    1/3 cup of whole-wheat spaghetti with marinara for Sarah, Ben ate much less
    1/4 cup each of tempeh, marinated in nutritional yeast, apple cider vinegar and a little tamari then sauteed
    Each had about 10 oatios
    8oz of org rice milk with 1 teaspoon Udo's oil each

Dinner:
    water
    Rejected: lentil/brown rice/veggy stew, steamed carrots
    1/3 cup each of the whole-wheat spaghetti with marinara
    Sarah had 3 heaping teaspoons of cashew butter, Ben had 2
    1/2 banana each
    About 15 organic kidney beans each
    8oz org rice milk with 1/2 teaspoon of Udo's oil each

ConsciousCuisine

Feline, you offer them such great foods! All the parents who post here take such care with the feeding of thier children

Today for The Child, Blake

3 small buckwheat, soy, cinnamon and maple bits pancakes and 1/4 cup cashews

1 cup Vitasoy Complete with Pero coffee substitute and a splash of chocolate soy milk (a healthy "mocha" )

To school:

1 16.9 oz. water bottle, to be refilled at least once

1 apple fruit leather

1 4 oz. container apple sauce

1 Cliff Z-bar

4 mini whole wheat pitas

5 oz. white bean dip (made like hummus but with white beans)

1 large carrot and celery stalk, sliced

1 oz. almond butter, maple syrup and coconut cream dip

1 box Rice Dream Enriched

After school:

2 small sprouted grains tortillas filled with spiced pinto beans, mixed lettuces and avocado

1 "rescue vitaminwater" (green tea drink)

After practice:

2 cups steamed broccoli with pressed garlic, lemon and Udo's Blend Oil

1 cup whole wheat pasta spirals with 1 cup roasted veggie-lentil pasta sauce

1 tsp. vegan parmesean

1 cup spinach, 6 sliced cherry tomatoes, 2 T. walnuts and 1 T. raspberry dressing

Snack:

1 cup steamed collard greens and onions with 3 strips tempeh "Fakin' Bacon" and the usual spices

Lots more water and maybe a pumpkin-praline mini muffin or 3 if I make them

You're child is so very lucky to have you as a mother CC! I would love to cross hemispheres to be indulged in nutritious cooking and talk about food at your house!! What a pleasure that would be!

I'm hungry after looking in this thread.