Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: What did your Vegan Child/ren Eat Today?

ConsciousCuisine

Quote feline01
    Anyone know of any potential problems in giving 8 month old babies pureed kale or collards?

Gas ...kale and collards can cause irritable bowel and cramping in some little tummies. Be sure it's cooked really well and maybe put a little steamed potato (sweet or white, as you like) with it?

It's great that you son is taking to solids!

Red face

i dont have a child obviously, but i was feeding our housemates baby today. hes so gorgeous. today i fed him vegan strawberry yogurt (he LOVED it), homemade vegan rice bread, raisins and water.

his mom doesnt give him water, she gives him cows milk formula, sweetens it with syrup (like a baby needs liquid sugar!) and sugary juice. its so annoying. hes always getting fussy lately because he needs water, and food other than mcdonalds, cheap cheap fried sausages (theyre from a discount store, theyre like 5 dollars for 40 sausages, thats gotta tell u whats in them ) and cookies. the poor thing.

sorry this was more of a rant. LOL.

ETA: she also smokes, drinks alcohol, and smokes marijuana, all while shes still breastfeeding the baby. (she even breast feeds him after doing cocaine!!!!! THANK GOD theyre moving out today)
    "you dont have to be tall to see the moon" - african proverb

Odi eats better then that baby - that is terrible Foxy.

Quote foxytina_69
    ETA: she also smokes, drinks alcohol, and smokes marijuana, all while shes still breastfeeding the baby. (she even breast feeds him after doing cocaine!!!!! THANK GOD theyre moving out today)
    Yikes! I only breastfeed twice a day now and still will not let any caffeine pass my lips (except for the minute amounts in chocolate) and avoid artifical colors/flavors/sweeteners etc., I wouldn't even get an x-ray for a possible broken bone in my foot but this woman does coke??? She should be reported to child protective services (who will do nothing).

ConsciousCuisine

Default Re: What did your Vegan Child/ren Eat Today?

Blake: age 12 (all organic, homemade and vegan)

upon arising:

8 oz. distilled water

morning meal:

1 serving oatmeal with 1T. ground flax, 1 T. wheatgerm and 1/3 c. dried mango

1 serving orange juice

to School:

16 oz. distilled water, which is refilled once during the School day

2 slices sprouted flax/sunflower seed bread, 1/2 a sliced avocado, 3 slices peppered tofurkey, 1/3 c. spinach leaves, 1 tsp. each Nutritional Yeast, Veganaise and dijon mustard

3 raspberry-flax-wheatgerm-wheat bran-oatbran-oatmeal-banana mini muffins

1 serving pear juice

1 C. raw carrots and baby tomatoes

after school:

8 oz. distilled water then, 30 minutes later:

2 servings potato-garlic-onion-yellow carrot-curried whole wheat-samosas with spicy coriander tomato salsa

2 servings steamed broccoli with lemon, flax oil and nutritional yeast

8oz. B-12/ Calcium Fortified Rice Milk and 1 sublingual 500 mcg B-12 dot, 2 "Prescription 2000" Vegan Bone Support Vitamins (vitamin D, K, Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium and Silica), 1 Selenium tablet, 1 chewable Zinc/C tablet and TCM Herbs

evening meal:

1 serving raw-slaw (red cabbage, carrots, green onions, yams and sprouted sunflower creme)

2 servings hummus and nori wraps

1 serving steamed collard greens and baked tempeh with mango salsa and coconut oil

8oz. B-12/ Calcium Fortified Rice Milk

Before Bed:

8 oz. distilled water

FR

Quote ConsciousCuisine

upon arising:

8 oz. distilled water

morning meal:

1 serving oatmeal with 1T. ground flax, 1 T. wheatgerm and 1/3 c. dried mango

1 serving orange juice

to School:

2 slices sprouted flax/sunflower seed bread, 1/2 a sliced avocado, 3 slices peppered tofurkey, 1/3 c. spinach leaves, 1 tsp. each Nutritional Yeast, Veganaise and dijon mustard

3 raspberry-flax-wheatgerm-wheat bran-oatbran-oatmeal-banana mini muffins

1 serving pear juice

after school:

2 servings potato-garlic-onion-yellow carrot-curried whole wheat-samosas with spicy coriander tomato salsa

8oz. B-12/ Calcium Fortified Rice Milk and 1 sublingual 500 mcg B-12 dot, 2 "Prescription 2000" Vegan Bone Support Vitamins (vitamin D, K, Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium and Silica), 1 Selenium tablet, 1 chewable Zinc/C tablet and TCM Herbs

evening meal:

1 serving raw-slaw (red cabbage, carrots, green onions, yams and sprouted sunflower creme)

2 servings hummus and nori wraps

1 serving steamed collard greens and baked tempeh with mango salsa and coconut oil

Before Bed:

8 oz. distilled water

Wow, can I move in?

I can't wait to have kids so I can do that for them

Hi there!

What a great thread. This needs to be stickied!

Good that you are breastfeeding twins Feline01 - and that you are eating properly while you are doing it! Are you planning on keeping them breastfed for a while? My son was three and a half when we stopped, and he is doing fine. Might be a good idea to post what you are eating too, since that is going into the kiddies. Are you getting loads of sleep? It sounds to me like you don't need to go for long walks to burn off your food!

I will post my son's yesterday - porridge for breakfast with a handful of muesli cooked into it, served with fortified soya milk. Herb tea for breakfast.

Hummous and salad sandwich (lettuce, oak leaves yes really! pepper) on brown seeded bread. An innocent smoothy for kids, strawberry and banana, with an apple. He didn't eat the apple till he got home.

Dinner last night, roast potatoes, Redwoods cheetin' roast beef, cauliflower, peas, sweetcorn, gravy.

A 500ml bottle of water at school, one cup roobosh tea at home, cup of rice milk before bed time.

FR

All you mothers are doing a fine job! Practically nothing erks me more than vegan parents who choose to raise their children on non-vegan diets, foolishly thinking they cannot obtain adequet nutrition that way. I can see that you all are feeding your loved ones incredible, nuritionally sound meals. I admire your dedication and knowledge. I just wish I could stop over for some of that yumminess!

Quote Realfood Mary
    Good that you are breastfeeding twins Feline01 - and that you are eating properly while you are doing it! Are you planning on keeping them breastfed for a while? My son was three and a half when we stopped, and he is doing fine. Might be a good idea to post what you are eating too, since that is going into the kiddies. Are you getting loads of sleep? It sounds to me like you don't need to go for long walks to burn off your food
    Unfortunately, I officially weaned this past Sunday . The kids were just going batty on the boob, they were jumping, biting, pinching, punching and I just couldn't handle it anymore. They really don't seem to miss it either which is almost as sad as the weaning. I guess we were all ready.

I can't post yesterday meals here since my husband (VeganMan) fed them though I did come home from work and gave them some organic chickpeas which Ben proceeded to eat while Sarah, once again, made hummus out of hers (mushed the bean) and did not eat it. Ben also had about 15 Oatios (organic whole-grain cereal similar to Cheerios) and Sarah threw about 15 Oatios onto the floor and her chair. They ate their usual selection of organic baby veggies/fruits and oatmeal yesterday for their main meals.

Hey, CC! Ooo-ooo!! Feed me, too! Is Houston too far a commute for you from Cali? tee-hee

Luke is 3, Leia is 6, and TJ is 12.
    All is vegan. B-12, Calcium, and muti-V's were supplemented today; we need to make a grocery run! Water is enjoyed through-out the day...I'm thinking about monitoring that more closely, though...

Breakfast:
    Luke-13 strawberries, 1/2 slice toast
    Leia-13 strawberries, 1 slice toast
    TJ-1 small apple, 3 slices toast
    Snack:
    Luke-about 35g crackers
    Leia-about 60g crackers
    TJ-about 20g crackers
    Lunch:
    Luke-1/4cup Spanish rice, 1/4cup baked beans
    Leia-1/2 of a raw carrot, 1/4cup Spanish rice, 1/4cup baked beans
    TJ-1.5cups Spanish rice, 1cup baked beans, approx. 1cup raw spinach
    Snack:
    Luke-about 30g crackers
    Leia-about 30g crackers
    TJ-about 30g crackers, 1/2cup baked beans, 3/4cup Spanish rice
    Supper:
    Luke-fell asleep on me!
    Leia-1/2 slice toast, 3/4cup pinto beans, 1/2cup potato, about 1/3cup raw carrots
    TJ-1 apple, 1/2 slice toast, 1/2cup pinto beans, 3/4cup potatoes, about 1/2cup spinach
    Snack:
    skipped today; wanted to go to bed early (now that's unusual!)

...this sounds really boaring, but interestingly this is some of their most favorite foods...

Edit: Luke just woke up and is having 1/2cup pinto beans and a bowl of popcorn while watching Dr.Suese's Cat In The Hat movie. Can you tell he's my baby??

ConsciousCuisine

Talking Re: What did your Vegan Child/ren Eat Today?

Quote Peas'nHominy
    Hey, CC! Ooo-ooo!! Feed me, too! Is Houston too far a commute for you from Cali? tee-hee

I would actually love to visit Houston some time! Invite me over and I'll do a tour, visiting members' homes and being thier Personal chef

ConsciousCuisine

Quote FR
    Wow, can I move in?
    Man, I know if you put the intent out there you can connect with a cool vegan woman who will take turns being Chef with you (that sounds naughty) There is someone out there for you!

FR

Quote ConsciousCuisine
    Man, I know if you put the intent out there you can connect with a cool vegan woman who will take turns being Chef with you (that sounds naughty) There is someone out there for you!
    Yeah, I actually have had some luck getting responses on Match.com from vegan gals. I tired VegWeb, and even though there are countless vegans there, I had no luck and deleted my account.

CC, your daughter eats such wonderful food. You have given me great lunch ideas to take to school. Thanks!

Sarah & Ben had Trader Joe's organic rice milk for their first-time this weekend and enjoyed it . I want to slowly wean them off of the organic soy formula and onto rice + almond milk. I can't seem to find organic almond milk though, just rice.

vegan foods daughter ate today;

hash browns
    couscous, cucumber, grated raw carrot, pineapple, crisps
    supper: sitr-fry sweet n sour tofu, rice noodles, mange tout & baby cobs

rest of stuff veggie so not relevant here

I keep forgetting to post!

Porridge for breakfast, made with fortified soya milk. One banana. Cup of Roobosh tea.

Mild curry with baby potatoes, green beans, steamed rice for the middle of the day. Soya yoghurt, two ginger biscuits, can of "Whole Earth" pop (naturally sugar free cola substitute.)

Turtle Island Raspberry ripple ice cream cornetto. (Vegan obviously! He had never had one before and loved it.)

For tea tonight he is going to have his first ever Linda McCartney pie, with smash and gravey.

Quite a calory dense day, but he has been doing a lot of running around, and is going through a growth spurt. In case I didn't mention it hear before, he is 4 foot 5 or 6, waist of 22 inches, and weighs 29 kg.

'cheatin' rashers & mushroom toasted sandwich
    liquorice
    big field mushrooms baked drizzled with olive oil & lemon juice, steamed baby carrots, corn on the cobs
    juice, water
    vegan bakewell tart

other veggie stuff

What a great thread! It's really interesting to see what you're all feeding your kids. There's some good ideas in here I'll be trying

MiniRaccoon, age 8. When I'm feeding her she eats vegan food only which she totally accepts. She continues to eat other foods when with other people though so some days there will be gaps. I have fed her all day today

Breakfast: 'yoghurt'
    Snack: crisps
    Dinner: wholemeal pitta filled with 'cream cheese' and spinach (only ate half), 'yogurt', two bourbon biscuits
    Snack: mix of peanuts, raisins, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds
    Snack: grapes
    Tea: 'sausages' and couscous (only a bit) with pureed tomato and vegetable sauce, strawberry 'icecream'
    Bedtime: (will have) fortified chocolate 'milkshake'

Drinks: around two glasses of peach squash (it's a real battle to get her to drink anything at all )
    "He who binds himself to a Joy, Does the winged life destroy;
    He who kisses the Joy as it flies, Lives in Eternity's sunrise"
    William Blake

I am excited to have kids - I want to bring them up on foods that I never had as a child - essene bread, various nut butters, tempeh, quinoa etc... I will also provide them with the vegan junk food that I enjoy so much, like mung bean chips instead of crisps, date & coconut rolls, whole medjools stuffed with nut butter, freeze dried bananas etc... I want them to be REEEEEALLY healthy

I know Banana! I never wanted kids but now I kind of do and I'm so excited. I want to spoil them yummy vegan foods.

Rocky Raccoon: Maybe try getting your daughter to eat more watery fruits and vegetables if she's not into drinking water by itself? Cucumbers, tomatoes, oranges, grapes, etc, are pretty juicy and low in calories.

I just made the kids their lunch:

Red lentils, short brown rice, carrots, kale, garlic clove-all organic. When it cools down, I'm going to puree it and add a teaspoon of olive oil, few pinches of nutritional yeast and a few large pinches of flaxseed meal.

Their snack while waiting for their bottles to be made will be either a slice of ezekiel bread split between them (which Ben will eat and Sarah will nibble daintily while throwing the rest around the living room) or some organic kidney beans (which Ben will eat and Sarah will smush daintily while eating some of them and spreading the rest on her chair, arms, face, hair, butt, legs etc.)

Sounds like Séamus at their age, only double the fun! You don't have a dog do you? Séamus used to daintily throw food at the dog while his grandparents weren't looking, and then smile innocently when they congratulated him on finishing his dinner.

ConsciousCuisine

upon arising:

8 oz. distilled water

morning meal:

1 serving oatmeal with 1T. ground flax, 1 T. wheatgerm, 1 tsp. coconut oil, 1 T. chopped walnuts, 1/2 serving soy yoghurt and 1/3 c. dried mango

1 serving orange juice

to School:

2 slices sprouted sesame bread, tempeh salad made with tempeh and 1 tsp. each Nutritional Yeast, capers, green onion, Veganaise and dijon mustard

after school:

sprouted english muffin with coconut oil

8oz. B-12/ Calcium Fortified Rice Milk and 1 sublingual 500 mcg B-12 dot, 2 "Prescription 2000" Vegan Bone Support Vitamins (vitamin D, K, Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium and Silica), 1 Selenium tablet and 1 chewable Zinc/C tablet

evening meal:

1 serving red rice and pinto beans

1 serving each: steamed collard greens, broccoli, garlic, nutritional yeast and coconut oil

pineapple upside down cake made with rice flour, fruit juice and coconut milk

Before Bed:

8 oz. distilled water

Tried to feed the kids scrambled tofu and sauteed dandelion greens with rice milk, nutritional yeast and flaxseed meal. Ben had 2 teaspoons then kept shaking his head. Sarah had about 5 teaspoons before she decided no way. Oh well, new food.

Séamus is still enjoying his sushi fetish. This is the first time I made sushi with sushi rice, rather than ordinary rice stuck together with tahini. It didn't seem quite as nice to me, but then I suppose I am used to what I am used to.

We had baby sweetcorn, slices of avocado, and pickled ginger in the sushi.

Séamus also ate porridge for breakfast, over the course of a day most of a punnet of strawberries, two glasses of fortified rice milk, one cup of orange juice, one can of pop, smashed potatoes with beans and vegan sausages, brown bread with mashed avocado, mixed leafy salad (including water cress and rocket) and tahini instead of margarine, with marmite, and cherry tomatoes. He bought himself a vegan samosa from the shop around the corner, and finished off with a smoothy before he went to bed.

You know, he eats quite a lot for a small person! Some of it really good, and some of it "junk" (vegan sausages and mash passes as junk in this house.) But he does just keep on putting his food away, and coming back for more. He is going through a bit of a growing spurt these days. He needs a new pair of shoes which I will get him at the festival next week. I think he will be size three by now!

Mary

We have the opposite, the kids don't seem to really want to eat. They fight us alot and sometimes a meal can take over 2 hours.

Maybe it's just my cooking. *sigh*

Quote feline01
    We have the opposite, the kids don't seem to really want to eat. They fight us alot and sometimes a meal can take over 2 hours.

I doubt it - children are just like that sometimes - usually when you've put the most effort in. But as all the best childrearing books say - keep presenting the food - they won't starve themselves (although if they get on a three or four day run of not eating, mums get a bit panicky!).

I suppose many raw fooders would say that's just a natural thing to sometimes not want to eat - voluntary fasting seems to be part of the general "programme" for many of them - also, are they still having "feeds"? (I remember you posting about soya formula at one stage)? - that could be filling them up if so, if they're just not very hungry.

At any rate, this is a long post just to say - from what you've posted in this thread, I don't believe it's your cooking!

Quote feline01

I had the same problem with my eldest child, he would hardly eat at all. He would just sit in his highchair and scream He still isnt a big eater a 7 but my 17 month eats everything

Yesterday was a good day for the kids (and hence, their parents):

Breakfast: organic oatmeal with organic blueberries and organic rice milk with a little organic soy formula (they are almost completely off the soy formula)

Lunch: organic brown rice, organic red lentils, organic peas with nutritional yeast and Udo's oil mixed in and organic rice milk

Dinner: whole wheat spaghetti w/ marinara, 1/2 slice each of ezekiel bread (though nearly 3/4 of each 1/2 ended up on the floor, their butts, the seats etc.), 1/2 jar of organic peaches w/ oatmeal and organic rice formula

They drank spring water at the pool during the afternoon.

Quote ER "All you mothers are doing a fine job! Practically nothing erks me more than vegan parents who choose to raise their children on non-vegan diets, foolishly thinking they cannot obtain adequet nutrition that way. "

I don't have kids nor do I intend to for the next 6 years or so at least! But just thinking ahead:
    1)WHat if your partner is not vegan and does not agree with feeding their offspring on a vegan diet? And don't say 'find a vegan partner', because it's ridiculous to leave someone you love just because they are not vegan.

2) People have said to me 'it's not fair to impose a vegan diet on your children...let them have a "normal" diet until they grow up and are old enough to choose.'
    I am unsure as to what a 'normal' diet is......, and I think a meat-eating diet just another imposed way of eating that the child has no choice over.
    So how do you compromise and feed them what's classified as a "normal" diet??

Hi Lilith,

1) My only suggestion is to make sure you do your research. There is more and more research out there about the benefits of a well-balanced vegan diet for children. If you do have a non-vegan partner, I wouldn't really bother with the moral implications as much as the health implications of a non-vegan diet. Focus on issues like antibiotic resistance/bovine growth hormones in meat and dairy, the link between obesity/diabetes/heart disease and dairy etc.. My husband wasn't even vegetarian when we met while I was ovo-lacto veg and he said now that even if he wasn't vegan (which he's been for nearly 3 years), he would have wanted the kids to be vegan because of finding out all the health issues.

2) I don't give a shit what people say about how I raise my kids however, you're right. Feeding them meat is imposing the parents value on the child. I get that comment occasionally and my response is to describe what my children eat and ask people where the kids are deficient. People always say, "what about protein and calcium?" I then ask how much should a child their age be receiving. No one ever knows. Regarding the "normal" diet, in the US, that's usually fast food and overly-processed foods. I love my children too much to even consider that as food for them. That's what I tell people and some people do get upset with that (because they feed that crap to their kids) but tough.

I will try and show/tell him the health problems, and yes your right, the more research I do the more 'evidence' I'll have perhaps....
    Even though he's adament that he 'doesn't give a crap what he eats...if it tastes good it's ok' hmph.
    However he's given me a loop-hole there ....I cook vegan meals that taste good, and he does eat them. It just concerns me when I see him later tucking into a can of 'fullmonty' beans, (reconstituted sausages, kidneys and other stuff...it looks disgusting even to my other meat-eating friends!).
    The only way round this is for me to warn my parents of all the health implications as they do the food shopping (i'd do it if I wasn't in full-time education with no money!)....I'm *very slowly* getting through to them.

I also don't want to be landed with cooking for my boyfriend (husband by then tho that's still a scary word ) and kids for the rest of my life because if I don't they'll continue to eat crap!

I guess I worry too much and too far into the future.
    I think by then I'll be stronger than I am now and will have been vegan for much longer, meaning I'll stop caring completely how others view me.

The kids had tempeh for the first time this weekend, Sarah really liked it while Ben slowly ate it (which is unusual for them). They also had their first tahini roll-up, whole wheat tortilla spread with tahini then cut. Same situation, Sarah enjoyed it more then Ben. Ben decided to see how it would look as a covering for our carpeting while Sarah ate hers. They also played smash the peas while eating them and Ben ate his banana slices while Sarah took hers and smushed them under her table. At least they're slowly eating more finger foods.

My 3-yr-old (and his dad) like the Tofu Scramble, prepared normally then mixed into rice. It's like a cheesey rice casserole.

Probably my kids favorite vegetable is beets. They love anything that's red.

I'm frustrated trying to get my foster child (who is almost 7 and has never gotten use to eating veggies) to eat vegetables. So far, she'll only eat corn or baked 'french fries' (I just cut the potatoes like fries or curly fries and bake with a touch of veg. oil, then add a little salt).

She will eat raw carrots if served with Ranch dressing (bleck!) -- is there a way to make a vegan ranch dressing?

She will eat green beans if fixed southern style (cooked with bacon or ham for seasoning...double bleck!). Is there a way to do this without actually using meat?

Hey, congratulations on fostering a child!!! I would never be allowed to foster or adopt, though I can breed with impunity (she says with her brood of one!) so you must be the perfect mum to get past the red tape. I am seriously glad that you are helping a child in need. Well done.

A friend of mine is a social worker (now don't go jumping to any conclusions) and if you let me know how long you have been fostering, how long you hope to foster for, etc, then we might be able to work things out for you. Like recipes etc.

Unfortunately I have been vegan nearly ten years, and my son was raised vegan all his life, so I am not the best person to ask on this one. I would say use bacon substitutes - but then I don't know what these are like in America. In Britian they are so like dead pigs that I cannot eat them... At least they don't have that distinctive smell of urine...

But if that is what your adoptive child wants, let us know! There are plenty of recipes out there.

And again, well done on looking after your family! Weren't your own wee ones enough for ye? You must be mad!

Quote Realfood Mary
    A friend of mine is a social worker (now don't go jumping to any conclusions) and if you let me know how long you have been fostering, how long you hope to foster for, etc, then we might be able to work things out for you. Like recipes etc.
    I've been fostering for a couple of years now. I plan to continue as long as I am able. When a child first comes to me, I spend about a week discovering how the child was eating, then I help the child to steadily learn about nutrition and develop better habits.

Quote Realfood Mary
    Unfortunately I have been vegan nearly ten years, and my son was raised vegan all his life, so I am not the best person to ask on this one. I would say use bacon substitutes - but then I don't know what these are like in America. In Britian they are so like dead pigs that I cannot eat them... At least they don't have that distinctive smell of urine...
    The bacon substitutes I've tried out thus far are not good. I think I'll try just using vegetable oil and salt for cooking the veggies, and see if that works...unless I can figure out something else.

Quote Realfood Mary
    But if that is what your adoptive child wants, let us know! There are plenty of recipes out there.
    I'll start posting questions in the recipe section for now on so I don't mess with this thread too much. Meet me there?

Quote Realfood Mary
    And again, well done on looking after your family! Weren't your own wee ones enough for ye? You must be mad!
    HAHAHAHA!!! Yes, I'm part crazy. I'm goo-goo over kids. Also, it breaks my heart that there are thousands of children who are neglected, abused (etc.) and are in such need of proper care and love. CPS (especially the doctors!) drives me NUTS, but it's not the kids' fault...so I just take a deep breath to keep jumping through hoops and all the red tape, and know the goal is what I really want -- to help these kids.

And this thread is really helpful!! I'm wishing I had studied to be a vegan chef ...

Peas, maybe try to make veggies interesting?

Vegetables just plopped on a plate can be boring, especially if you aren't used to it.

Maybe try to get the child involved in making their own meals (stir fries, salads)? And maybe try to present them in fun ways or use colorful varieties (red peppers instead of green peppers). Instead of trying to veganize old favourites, why not try to encourage new favourites?

Quote Peas'nHominy
    She will eat raw carrots if served with Ranch dressing (bleck!) -- is there a way to make a vegan ranch dressing?

She will eat green beans if fixed southern style (cooked with bacon or ham for seasoning...double bleck!). Is there a way to do this without actually using meat?
    Here are some various vegan ranch recipes. .

Try getting some vegan bacon bits, even some of the ones sold commercially are vegan though I'm not sure which ones. You can make the green beans and sprinkle some on. Or sautee some vegan bacon and add to the green beans.

Bacos are vegan, but they have partially hrdrogenated oils in them. I was actually suprised how much canned green beans taste like the ones my dad used to make "southern style." Just from the tinned taste and the added salt.

I would suggest using canned and maybe adding some liquid smoke flavoring. That should do it. I am not sure of the nutritional content of canned verses blanched fresh green beans. The fresh/fresh frozen taste totally different. Maybe adding some liquid smoke to them would help a bit. Also, Smart Bacon tastes great to me - gets very soggy when cooked though.

CC and feline, why don't you post what your children eat anymore? I really enjoyed reading this thread!
    "Man can do as he wills, but not will as he wills" - Arthur Schopenhauer

ConsciousCuisine

Quote Yoggy
    CC and feline, why don't you post what your children eat anymore? I really enjoyed reading this thread!
    You know, I am glad you revived this thread! I will post about Blake's day tomorrow or maybe later tonight

ConsciousCuisine

Blake: age 12

8 oz. distilled water

1 serving oatmeal with 1T. ground flax, 1 T. wheatgerm, 1 tsp. coconut oil, 1 T. chopped walnuts and 1/3 c. dried cranberries, strawberries and blueberries cooked with calcium/B-12 fortified rice milk

1 serving calcium-fortified orange juice

6 oz. distilled water

1 C. pineapple

1 serving Spinach Soup (spinach, onion, tofu, white beans, nutmeg, garlic, nutritional yeast, veggie broth and white pepper, blended and heated)

10 oz. distilled water

1 serving Salad of mixed baby greens, chickpeas, shredded beets, carrots and sprouts dressed with lemon, flax oil and nutritional yeast

4 oz. distilled water

Sandwich on 2 pieces of whole-grain bread with roasted tomatoes, red bell peppers, zucchini, avocado and Basil Aioli with lettuce, sprouts, pickles and tomato slices

1 serving Broccoli with garlic, lemon juice, pickled and chopped jalapeno, kalamata olives, nutritional yeast and coconut oil

6 oz. sparkling water

Oven fries with olive oil, sea salt and pepper

Tapioca pudding (made with agave nectar, cinnamon and rice milk)

8oz. Silk Enhanced

8 oz. distilled water

Blake is well fed!

CC I am coming to San Diego - will you cook for me?

CC, I'm moving with you.

CC, did Blake stop eating????????????????

ConsciousCuisine

Quote Banana
    CC I am coming to San Diego - will you cook for me?

I am soooo sad I wasn't able to connect with you! I would have made you an exotic and decadent (healthy) meal! Please let me know if you ever come back to San Diego