Thread: Looking for a job in the UK

Default Looking for a job in the UK

Hi everybody,

I am currently planning on moving to London UK, to live and work there for about 1 to 2 years.
    There is a small hope of my having already found a flat-mate, so accommodation would not be my main concern, but rather is finding a job.

So my question to You would be if You would be as kind as to direct me towards a place I could seek for jobs online (I've come up to http://www.reed.co.uk this far), or what would be perfect for me -
    do You know anyone offering a job there? Maybe You could PM or e-mail me and I would send my CV...
    Preferred fields of work would be:
    -physically demanding jobs like general building - have some experience
    -Oracle SQL programmer - have a diploma
    -computer graphic designer (logos, web, ads, etc.) - self-made man, with a quite big portfolio

Thanks for any feedback in advance.

I know that the only way of you to even think about finding me a job would be to know me better, so here's something about me - I'm a modest, honest, vegan male from Estonia, I am the creator and owner of the only estonian vegan website and forum.
    I posted this message into another forum as well, in which I am a more active and older member.
    I found this forum through a member of this forum (and the other one as well), Pisces, who I have been communicating with via the Internet for some time (hope You don't mind me telling that Pisces!) who can hopefully (lol) prove that I am not one of those-who-stalk-people-over-the-internet-and-break-into-their-houses.

This message got longer than I intended so You can consider it as my "Hi it's me" introduction post.

Default Re: Looking for a job in the UK

Don't worry, estlander. I don't mind at all.

Can't help with the job but seeing as this is kind of your hello post.... Hi, welcome to the forum. Glad to hear you're not "one of those-who-stalk-people-over-the-internet-and-break-into-their-houses".
    "Do what you can with what you have where you are."
    - Theodore Roosevelt

I've never used it myself, but Monster is supposed to be very good. And welcome from me too

Yes i second monster and hello!
    "We ourselves may be loved only for a brief time...Even so, that will suffice...There is a land for the living and there is a land for the dead"

Thanks everyone, I'll check the monster out.

Ara, I know Leicester is a really nice city, I've been there some years ago and some of my distant relatives live there.