Thread: Cross contamination

Question Cross contamination

Hello to all

As you can read elsewhere in this forum, Sainsburys' has recently been messing around with its labelling criteria, generally removing some helpful logos and confusion has resulted. I won't go into that here but something came up in the many forums to which I belong and I'm interested to 'poll' the thoughts of those in this one.

Some vegans are not concerned about the risk of cross contamination with animal/insect products during manufacture and some are? Which are you and why?

Personally I have been an ethical vegan for so long I dare not even count the years. I became vegan out of respect for animals, wanting to remove my part in their demise (to paraphrase Spike Milligan). Therefore I am concerned about any possible cross contamination of essentially vegan products during their manufacturing process. I chose to be animal-free and I want to remain that way, no matter how small the potential risk.

I'm climbing off my soap-box now and would be interested to hear from members of the forum on their views. Thanks
    Regards
    Phibes

Default Re: Cross contamination

Hi, Dr Phibes.

I'm on the same boat as you. I also am concerned about cross-contamination and refuse to buy products that were manufactured/used on the same equipment as animal (by)products.