Thread: bulking up

Cloud_Child

Default bulking up

Hey all i am starting to exercise and i could really do with putting on weight aswell, so i need some help with ideas of how to bulk up.

Bassically i was thinking since my college day i get 3 breaks including lunch break, i could have a bulking snack in each break, has anyone got any good ideas of quick easy things i can have to eat during these times, probably more on the protein and fat side (things available from your local supermarket).

Default Re: bulking up

Good plan. I was told, when I needed to put on weight, that I needed 3 meals a day and 3 snacks. I'd be inclined to go with a peanut butter sandwich, but nut/seed bars would meet your criteria.

Cloud_Child

any idea on any other good snacks? i tend to snack on toast and i think maybe i have too much of it :P.

nervine

lots of green veggies like brocolli, lettuce, spinach, kale, parsley. they contain very high quality protein and are quite filling. you can easily eat 2 big handfuls of greens if you blend them in a smoothie with a couple of bananas and soy yoghurt. beans, chickpeas are high in protein too, don't go overboard on nuts, they are fatty foods.

Nuts are fatty but they contain good fats, so i wouldn't worry too much about them.
    "We ourselves may be loved only for a brief time...Even so, that will suffice...There is a land for the living and there is a land for the dead"

how about avocadoes? good fat again....

nervine

yeah, but too much causes toxification. you only need about 10% of your daily calories to come from fat so that's not much. too much is too much, even if it's good fat.