Thread: Vegan Ohio

Cool A Veg*n guide to Ohio

A Veg*n guide to Ohio

The easy guide to vegan and vegetarian eating in Ohio.

www.vegohio.com

Default Any Vegans in central Ohio?

I am looknig for a vegan friend in central Ohio. Currently i know no vegans in "real life" lol. Hope to talk to someone

Default Any events going on around Ohio?

I was just curious if there was any vegan or vegetarian events going on around southern Ohio. Or, if there's going to be anytime soon. I'd like to go to one and take my boyfriend. Thanks!
    Think occasionally of the suffering in which you spare yourself the sight. -Albert Schweitzer

lauren rae

Default Re: Any events going on around Ohio?

Quote Veggie4Life139
    I was just curious if there was any vegan or vegetarian events going on around southern Ohio. Or, if there's going to be anytime soon. I'd like to go to one and take my boyfriend. Thanks!

Not too sure about events, but a
    new veg restaurant just opened up in Northside called "Melt." I haven't been there yet but I hear it rocks. Anyway, take him to Myra's down on Calhohn and show him how wonderful veg food can be. I've dated a lot of non-veg guys and always took them there and they loved it.

I throw vegan dinner parties a lot...those can be quite an event. Many I should organize a public one....

lauren rae

Default Re: Vegan Ohio

Anyway....any more ohio people on here?

oh, oh...veggie4life...i'm such a numb-skull. I'm envolved in a vegan organization! I keep forgetting that food not bombs is a group and not just a party. Anyway, if you're in cincinnati, my friends and I do a vegan/fregan food not bombs every friday and saturday. So as long as you're down with anachrists and pulling late nights making food, you're more than welcome to come.

Thanks Gertvegan for this link! I've been to a couple of the ones in my area, but will have to try out some of the other ones listed

Hi everyone! I actually live in Hudson OH, but go to school currently in Wooster OH. I'll be moving back to Hudson for the summer in a few months.
    Be thankful for this moment, this moment is your life:)

lauren rae

New place for everyone to eat - Melt on hamilton ave in northside. I got the vegan melt with slaw...omg...to die for!

Seaside

So, is anyone going to go see the giant Super Colon?

20-Foot 'Super Colon' Visits Ohio

From Associated Press
    March 02, 2006 6:50 PM EST
    COLUMBUS, Ohio - Could you call it the colon that ate Columbus? A giant organ that is a natural target for wisecracks is making a stop downtown as part of its four-city tour.
    A 20-foot long "Super Colon," on display to promote National Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month, is big enough to let visitors walk through and look at the inside.
    The giant inflated tube, brought by The Cancer Research and Prevention Foundation, is meant to remind visitors of the dangers of colorectal cancer and other ailments that strike the lower digestive tract.
    One tourist from Michigan wondered if you'd move through it faster if you ate chocolate.

Quote Seaside
    So, is anyone going to go see the giant Super Colon?
    Wow, now there's a creative way to spread awareness!

One tourist from Michigan wondered if you'd move through it faster if you ate chocolate.
    lol
    You can't live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you.
    ~John Wooden

Talking Re: Vegan Ohio

JaredM-Glad to hear that I am not the only vegan in Ohio. I have been vegan for 2 1/5 months and I have never felt better. While I am still trying to learn about veganism, it has been exciting and challenging. I like you, would like to know a real life vegan!

Default Re: Any Vegans in central Ohio?

I am also in central Ohio looking for a real life vegan.

boberace@yahoo.com

hahahaha..meeee tooooooooo!!

They ARE here, though...I KNOW it...i wish they'd quit putting "fresh organic dairy" right next to all the non-dairy soy products in the grocery store so I could scope it out more affectively...
    ...take it to the bridge...

It appears to be awhile since anyone has posted on here--- but I'm in Cincinnati! I want some real life vegan friends too! Myspace me: myspace.com/izzyfox. <3

Uber cheap vegan cookbooks for sale in Cleveland: http://cleveland.craigslist.org/bks/1249824638.html

Any central Ohoian vegans?
    "If the System hates you, be aware that it hated me before it hated you." -Jesus (John 17:11).

I am originally from NE Ohio, but I currently live near Springfield! If you're in the Akron area, you MUST visit Chrissie Hynde's new vegan restaurant Vegiterranean. It's pricey, but well worth it.
    "All you need is love."

:-/ No recent posters, but I'm a vegan in NE Ohio!

I'm from NJ but my best friend lives in Columbus and took me to Pattycakes vegan bakery the last time I visited.. very jealous we don't have one of those here!

Pattycakes is AMAZING!! I found 'em by accident at some hipster craft show thingy and they had CINNAMON ROLLS!! Huge ones, and they were the first cinnamon rolls I'd had in years...which happened to be one of the very few non-vegan items I missed with a bit of pain in my heart...They saved my life that day. Alas, it's still an hours drive from me...

Talking Re: Vegan Ohio

how did i miss cinnamon rolls?! those sound really good!.. I'll have to go back. As soon as I've got time for the 16 hour drive..

Well, when I got the cinnamon rolls they were set up at a mobile booth of theirs...maybe they don't make them on a regular basis, but I can't see vegan cinnamon rolls not selling...I'd buy 1 a day if I lived next door...I bet you can order some from them, they're a small business run by obviously reasonable people...

Quote shelzyrose View Post
    If you're in the Akron area, you MUST visit Chrissie Hynde's new vegan restaurant Vegiterranean. It's pricey, but well worth it.
    So I've heard. Hopefully will get the chance to try it out next summer when I do my bi-annual pilgrimage to Cedar Point. :smile:

Bump.

Hello, I am in central Ohio.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."

I live in Wayne County, Ohio. Go to college in NE Ohio.
    "I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants." ~A. Whitney Brown

I live in Columbus. I've never been to Pattycakes, but want to go. The price is the only deterrent right now. I wanted to buy a cake awhile back, but I just didn't have the cash.
    Eat your veggies!

Default Re: Any Vegans in central Ohio?

I was REARED in central Ohio and have some friends there, a number of whom are vegetarian (some vegan).