Thread: Vegan Rome

Thumbs up Vegan Rome

"Vegan Rome" is HERE.

Default Re: Vegan Rome

Gert,
    Thanks for this link. It certainly came in handy during my recent visit to Rome. We were there for 3 nights and ate at Il Margutta Ristorante 2 nights. They are vegetarian but have a few vegan options. Who would have thought I'd have seitan in Rome? They even had a 4 course vegan meal for 36 euros (a fabulous bargain considering the high quality of the food).

We had no trouble finding vegetable pizza with out cheese in Rome (unlike Venice). And there were quite a few places with soy gelato. I can't figure out what sweetener Gelateria Blu Ice uses for it's soy gelato (also listed as sugar-free) but it has a slight aftertaste and gave both of us gas after eating it - therefor I think it's definitely an artificial sweetener. However, Blu Ice had the most intensely flavored soy gelato. I can't comment on the other restaurants listed since we didn't try them.
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. - Albert Einstein

Ooh... I want to go to Rome.

I want to go even more now. Thanks for the link.

I'm going to Rome on Monday!
    Excitement!!

OOhh, you must tell us how it was when you return!!
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. - Albert Einstein

Quote Troutina
    I'm going to Rome on Monday!
    Excitement!!
    Hi Troutina!
    Are you going to the big outdoor concert? Have fun anyway, whatever you do!

Went to Sicily last year and have to say the vegan pizzas were out of this world.MMMmmmmmmm.................................
    Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty!

Kevster

'Italy restaurant fined for "cruel" lobster display
    Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:55am ET

ROME (Reuters) - An Italian restaurant was fined 688 euros ($855) for displaying live lobsters on ice to attract patrons, in an innovative application of an anti-cruelty law usually affecting to household pets.

A court in the northeastern city of Vicenza ruled the display was a form of abuse dooming the crustaceans to a slow death by suffocation.

"We're appealing," said Giuseppe Scalesia, who runs La Conchiglia D'Oro, or "Golden Shell," restaurant along with his brother Camillo.

"They said that the lobsters, laying on the ice, suffer... They compared them in court to other animals, like cats and dogs."

The case was brought by Gianpaolo Cecchetto, a former environmental activist, who took his two young children to the Vicenza restaurant in May 2002.

"They were shocked by the display," Cecchetto told Reuters, adding he immediately got in touch with the ENPA national animal protection entity. "ENPA took care of the lawyers and legal proceedings."

Italy has some of the world's toughest animal rights laws. The city of Rome in October banned goldfish bowls, seen as cruel, while Turin passed a law last year that would fine dog owners 500 euros unless they walked their canine friends at least three times a day.'

http://today.reuters.com/news/articl...US-LOBSTER.xml

Quote fiamma
    Hi Troutina!
    Are you going to the big outdoor concert? Have fun anyway, whatever you do!
    Hi!
    What outdoor concert!!
    Im not going for this concert, but if its any good we might drop by!

Me and my boyfriend have been hunting all over the web for restuarants and phrases.
    And I'll definetly report back with how the food stuff went!

If anyone has any tips please share!!

Hi Troutina,
    this concert is huge! It's a tradition and takes place every year. Normally it goes out live but didn't last year 'cos they were scared the artists would make politically uncomfortable statements about the war in Iraq *LoL* but that was a real affront to free speech. Anyway, back to the concert... I'm pretty sure it's free, and in the open air!!! May 1 is a holiday here - Yay!!! - so some places may be closed, but I think museums etc. tend to stay open on holidays. But the weather should be good so have a great time swanning around those piazzas guzzling all that soya ice-cream and vegan pizzas they do so well here!!!

Click here for an article - it's in Italian but there are a couple of pics to give you an idea of the size of the concert. Seems James Blunt will be there, as well as Juliette Lewis and Nick Cave...

"Labor Day Concert: Live
    Follow the traditional May Day concert in Rome’s Piazza San Giovanni — live from 4 p.m. Italian time. This year’s politically charged version — between peace banners & protests over the labor reform law Article 18 includes guests like Nick Cave, Cabin, popsters Alex Britti, Enrico Ruggeri, Irene Grandi & staff favorites like Carmen Consoli, Vinicio Capossela and Franceso De Gregori."

WOW!!

That sounds AMAZING!

And I love Juliette and the Licks!

Might have to persuade the boy to let us go to this...!
    So you think it's going to be ok eating in Rome?
    I'm a little worried, because otherwise I would be fine with snacking randomly, but this is a kind of birthday/ anniversary romantic holiday!
    And I'm determined to find the vegan ice cream place!!
    My boyfriend doesn't believe it exists!
    I think the phrase "Too good to be true" comes to mind!!

Quote Troutina
    So you think it's going to be ok eating in Rome?
    I think you'll be fine!!! Arm yourself with a few phrases and remember that pizza options are not limited to the combinations on the menu, they'll make any combination you want. I ordered a vegetarian pizza with potato instead of mozzarella the other day and that was a very good combination. Pizza without cheese has been one of the hardest things for me as a vegan! But "Pizza Marinara" for example, despite the name, is just tomato, garlic and oregano.

Quote Troutina
    And I'm determined to find the vegan ice cream place!!
    My boyfriend doesn't believe it exists!
    Don't forget too that many places will have soya ice-cream, although it might not be immediately obvious. Ask for "gelato di soia". The gelateria downstairs from us (and we live in a pretty small town) has three different flavours of soya ice-cream, if not four or five. Not that I'm bragging of course So I'm sure lots of places will have it in Rome, you might need to be a bit persistent.

Any more info you need just ask! Oh I wish I was going to Rome too now !!! *sulks*

Food Fight has a book called Vegan Passport with handy phrases

http://store.foodfightgrocery.com/veganpassport.html

might come in handy?

I have that booklet but it was unfortunately shipped too late for me to use during my most recent trip in Europe (although The Vegan Society did fax me the appropriate pages at my first hotel).

The information is fairly basic - if someone wants to know what the booklet covers then pm me and I will be glad to share. Otherwise, I would only get the booklet if I were traveling to more than one area where I didn't speak the language.

Rome was really fun!
    There are photos in my blogs here: www.myspace.com/troutina

Here's some helpful italian words/ phrases:

Non mangio carne, ne pollo o pesce: I don't eat meat, chicken or fish.
    Sono vegano/ vegana: I am vegan- male/ female.
    Non bevo il latte: I don't drink milk.
    Non mangio il burro, il formaggio, le uova, o il miele: I don't eat butter, cheese, eggs or honey.
    C'e' del brodo di carne o pollo in questa zuppa?: Is there meat or chicken broth in this soup?
    Io amo gli animali, percio' non li mangio: I love animals, so I don't eat them.

I recommend you print these out. When I was trying to explain to restaurants it was easier to point at the bit of paper!

At the airport, it was good old beans on toast with my own vegan butter.

On the first day we went to the most famous (and £££!!) vegetarian restaurant in Rome: it's called Margutta. Get off at Spagna station, it's a couple of stops from Termini (the central station) and it's where the Spanish Steps are. If you stand with the steps behind you, turn right down the nearest road and then the next right- there were loads of peopel selling artwork down this road. Then its left and a couple minutes walk down this road. There's two Marguttas' down this road, so careful! It's the second one. It has a vegan set menu for 36 euros for 4 courses. Very very tasty. First course was a slice of raw tofu with a gorgeous tomato sauce and beans. I have no idea why this tasted nice (RAW TOFU...) (BEANS...) but it was delicious! Second course was rice with cabbage. Random but yum. Third course was awesome chicken strips, so so good!! And fourth was a big fruit salad with a couple of scoops of sorbet, but it was so thick it was more like ice cream! Without wine, just 4 glasses of orange juice, it came to 87 euros, which is like £68, something like that! Very pricey, but there was art on the walls and a piano playing, so it was really nice!

I brought my own butter and kept it in the mini bar. I would suggest bringing milk as well. I found one shop on the second day which sold one brand of soya and one brand of rice, but this was the only place I saw that sold it.

Most pizza places offer pizza without cheese, or will make it for you, but I can't be 100% certain the bases are vegan.

By the Trevy Fountain there is Blue Ice (another one is situated on the bottom road to the left of the Spanish Steps) and they offer 6 flavours of Soy Ice Cream! Amazing!

I don't know if there's anything else I can say really!

Default I am in Rome and need help

Hello,

I have been in Rome since Saturday and things aren't going well food-wise. I have had very bad luck trying to find the veg-friendly restos listed on happycow - so far i have found only one and they wouldn't give me a menu, only tea. i haven't been able to find food, besides produce, in grocery stores that i can eat. at my bed and breakfast they are only giving me fruit. i have tried three different regular restos with english-speaking waiters who assured me certain dishes were safe for me but i got sick every time - i seem unable to digest what i can only assume is animal-contaminatd food so i am becoming very faint and shaky and tired from prolonged hunger. can anyone tell me where (with very precise directions, as i was so dizzy with hunger last night i lost my sense of direction, which never happens) i can find a health food shop or something selling vegan breads, soy products, etc in rome? i will be eternally grateful.

dreamwueen
    Last edited by flutterby; Nov 1st, 2007 at 09:19 PM. Reason: this was the 1st post in a similar thread
    Check out the Toronto Vegetarian Podcast at veg.ca/tvp !

Default Re: I am in Rome and need help

That's a shame, dreamqueen. Unfortunately veg. restaurants seem to go out of business at a rate of knots in some towns so perhaps that's happened to the ones on Happycow. I haven't been to Rome for a few years and only recognised one of the names on their list, the via Margutta one, which was nice IIRC.

There used to be a health food shop in the Campo dei Fiori but I can't see any references to it now. There are a couple mentioned on the following site though - maybe you could phone them or get the people in your pension to phone them for you to check they're still open and get directions, to save you a wild goose chase.

http://www.inromenow.com/site%20temp...opGourmet.html

More-or-less vegan things that I have eaten successfully in ordinary restaurants in Rome include pizzas without cheese ("senza formaggio") and the vegetable antipasto buffets that they have in some restaurants. You may see takeway pizza counters which do sometimes have cheese-free pizzas if I remember correctly. I believe the Ghetto area is meant to be a good bet for veggie-friendly restaurants, but I'm not sure if I've ever actually eaten there.

I also tend to buy fruit and veg as you've been doing, and also bread, nuts and chocolate to fill in any holes.

All the best

yes, ask for pizza without mozzarella, or pizza with "solo pomodoro" ie only tomato.
    avoid pasta dishes in restaurants, because although the sauce is usually vegan, the fresh pasta used in restaurants has almost always got eggs. u could try asking for "pasta senza uovo" eggless pasta.
    so i think pizza is your best bet in restaurants.
    otherwise as harpy says try and find a restaurant that does lots of vegetable antipasti "antipasti di verdure", that with bread makes a nice meal. the bread in rome and down south should all be vegan. don't know about up north.
    as for buying groceries...try a big supermarket, the small grocery shops u'd find at the city centre wouldn't stock soy milk n stuff like that. to get to a supermarket you'd have to go to the outskirts of the city though i think, just ask. i think it'd just be easier to find than a healthfood shop

i'm afraid i can't direct you to any place in particular, i don't know rome very well at all.
    Piggy

PS: if you plan on coming down Naples way, pm me, i could try and help you out there also, the southern regions are far more vegan friendly, with a lot of veggie dishes and the pizza is far tastier
    Piggy

Oh yes, sorry - I always forget that mozzarella doesn't count as formaggio - they normally understand though!

hey again, i did a little research on a splendid italian vegan site (www.veganhome.it), and i think these links might help you. i just hope they're not too late for you

This one lists different types of vegan friendly shops in Rome, if you click on "Dettagli" to the right of each listing it gives you address, possibly phone num and other info about the place. If you need any help navigating that, just pm me Maybe if you tell me the area you're living in i could point out the ones that are close: http://www.veganhome.it/acquisti/neg...=&submit=Cerca

The nice thing about this site is, it tells you in "Dettagli" when the place was listed, so you can try and pick the up-to-date ones that haven't gone out of business yet

This link lists restaurants, pubs, and B&Bs:
    http://www.veganhome.it/acquisti/loc...=&submit=Cerca

The first B&B i cam across on there is this one, and it seems great...totally vegan:
    www.alexanderbb.it
    And the listing is from May 2007, so it's likely to be up to date
    Piggy

Thanks, everyone. I found some antipastis and vegan crackers in a supermercado yesterday and that's been helping, but I'm still desperate for meal. I'll definitely try the pizza, since it's everywhere. If I could safely eat pizza every day I think my problems would be solved. I'm going to try that after I leave here. I'm probably leaving Rome on Tuesday, hopefully to go to Florence. I need to go somewhere more laid back! Rome is just too big and busy for me, especially because I decided to take a trip to get rid of some stress and relax!

Piggy: thanks for the offer of help in Naples - if the Florence thing doesn't work out, I may take you up on it.I'm pretty much free to go where I want as long as I am in Milan on Nov. 29 to meet my hubby.

wow...29 novembre.....that's a long holiday! great!
    check out veganhome.it for vegan B&Bs or agriturisms near florence too...any thing that i can help with, contact me hope you find a good place to have supper!
    Piggy

Hi dreamqueen,
    I'm in Bologna, and happy to help out if need be...

Enjoy your hols!

I went to Rome earlier this year but didn't have much time to research. I ended up walking around eating pistachios most of the time and stuck to antipasto.

Thanks Fiamma - not sure if I'll head to Bologna or not.

To be honest, I'm getting bored and very homesick and just want to return to Toronto. If I don't feel any differently in Florence, I'll probably cut my trip short and go home. I am already sick of pizza as well.

That would be a shame, dreamqueen.

Must admit, though, I never fancy pizza for a while when I get back from a trip to Italy! Last time I was in Florence there was the odd felafel bar, so that made for a bit of variety.

As it's the low season perhaps you could find some kind of self-catering apartment at an affordable price, which might make life easier, food-wise. Also as Piggy says heading south might help, and if you went to Naples you could see Pompeii and Herculaneum which are both fantastic (sigh).

Have you been doing much sightseeing in Rome?

Aw, that is a shame. I think the "problem" with Italy is that to be able to eat a variety of vegan food in restaurants you need to be able to speak the language, for example if I want a mushroom risotto I normally ask for it without cream (panna) or cheese (formaggio) and they never have a problem with it. Certain places have great vegan soups, but you'd need to know what to look for, plus of course the ubiquitous grilled veggies and salad. There are some good veggie restaurants here in Bologna, and I'm sure there will be in Florence, but I understand the frustration of wanting to eat without having to hunt down a specific place, and there being nothing on the menu...

Hope things look up for you

Quote harpy View Post
    That would be a shame, dreamqueen.

Must admit, though, I never fancy pizza for a while when I get back from a trip to Italy! Last time I was in Florence there was the odd felafel bar, so that made for a bit of variety.

As it's the low season perhaps you could find some kind of self-catering apartment at an affordable price, which might make life easier, food-wise. Also as Piggy says heading south might help, and if you went to Naples you could see Pompeii and Herculaneum which are both fantastic (sigh).

Have you been doing much sightseeing in Rome?
    Hi Harpy,

I don't think there's a low season in Rome anymore. Everyone I've talked to has said it's like this all year long now. And indeed, I hear more English, French, and German than Italian when I'm out.

I have been doing a lot of sightseeing - that's what I'm no longer so into. I have tried to just take it easy and hang out in piazzas and read but it's doing that that has made me notice how much I wish I were just at home hanging out reading.

Quote fiamma View Post
    Aw, that is a shame. I think the "problem" with Italy is that to be able to eat a variety of vegan food in restaurants you need to be able to speak the language, for example if I want a mushroom risotto I normally ask for it without cream (panna) or cheese (formaggio) and they never have a problem with it. Certain places have great vegan soups, but you'd need to know what to look for, plus of course the ubiquitous grilled veggies and salad. There are some good veggie restaurants here in Bologna, and I'm sure there will be in Florence, but I understand the frustration of wanting to eat without having to hunt down a specific place, and there being nothing on the menu...

Hope things look up for you
    Thanks, Fiamma, me too. I haven't been quite this demoralized about anything in quite a long time.

Had pizza again for dinner. At least it's cheap!

I was going to ask if you'd been to San Clemente, http://www.initaly.com/regions/latiu...h/clemente.htm, one of my faves in Rome, but I guess you don't want extra sight-seeing ideas right now

Italy's such a beautiful place though - maybe you just need to strike the right balance between sights and resting?

Mind you I haven't had a holiday that long in years myself, so perhaps I've forgotten the disadvantages. Wouldn't mind reminding myself though...

Hope you'll like Florence. There are year-round tourists there as well but it is a bit more laid-back, and the centre is more or less traffic-free IIRC. Whereabouts will you be staying there?

Reviving this thread! Im going to Rome in a months time for a 5 day city break, were looking at self catering but found a good room only hotel/flight deal so will be needing to find out what vegan friendly places are about and health stores. Got a minibar in my hotel room so can find vegan marg/cheese hopefully for sandwiches etc and soya milk then eat out rest of the time. Friend Im going with is veggie so will also want to find veggie/vegan restaurants.

Am confident Il cope better this time than my last visit to Italy - Venice week after I went vegan 5 years ago - really struggled then!

Yes I'm sure you'll do fine this time Alison - there should be fantastic fruit and veg around so if all else fails you can just go to the Campo de' Fiori market and gnaw on what they've got there There was a health food shop there too, but I don't see it on HappyCow so perhaps it's gone. On the plus side there seem to be more vegetarian restaurants than when I was there last - Margutta is the only one I recognise, that was quite posh if I'm thinking of the right one.

Did you see this thread? http://www.veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26173
    Maybe you could send Dreamy a message.

Just to let you know that in Rome since the last year a new pub is opened and it is 100% vegan. It is called Rewild. It is in Garbatella area (it is quite near the omonymous metro station) and is very nice. Great vegan food, good music and nice people. you'll love it like I did

Sounds great! Thanks for the recommendation. I didn't know they had any pubs in Rome, never mind a vegan one

Quote harpy View Post
    Yes I'm sure you'll do fine this time Alison - there should be fantastic fruit and veg around so if all else fails you can just go to the Campo de' Fiori market and gnaw on what they've got there There was a health food shop there too, but I don't see it on HappyCow so perhaps it's gone. On the plus side there seem to be more vegetarian restaurants than when I was there last - Margutta is the only one I recognise, that was quite posh if I'm thinking of the right one.

Did you see this thread? http://www.veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26173
    Maybe you could send Dreamy a message.
    Thanks Harpy Margutta sounds fab - keen to go there one evening.

Quote Loriveg View Post
    Just to let you know that in Rome since the last year a new pub is opened and it is 100% vegan. It is called Rewild. It is in Garbatella area (it is quite near the omonymous metro station) and is very nice. Great vegan food, good music and nice people. you'll love it like I did
    Thanks - Id seen that on a search online, but cant translate their website pages for any info - google translate wont work on it! It sounds just my kind of place but looked rather remote form the centre of town? Looks like there is lots of info on their website but I cant read it Vegan pubs are cool especially in Rome!

Does anyone know which Italian wines and beers are vegan?

Seems awful to go to Rome and not be able to have any wine!

Would organic ones be vegan?

I have enough trouble here finding vegan wines so doubt Il do any better in Rome

Quote alisont View Post
    Does anyone know which Italian wines and beers are vegan?

Seems awful to go to Rome and not be able to have any wine!

Would organic ones be vegan?

I have enough trouble here finding vegan wines so doubt Il do any better in Rome
    Damn, I used to have a file with a list of vegan beers but I can't find it right now.
    I'm pretty sure Menabrea and Moretti are vegan, though.

Quote Loss View Post
    Damn, I used to have a file with a list of vegan beers but I can't find it right now.
    I'm pretty sure Menabrea and Moretti are vegan, though.
    Thanks for that, will make a note of those 2

Need to find out some vegan wines now.......seems a lack of info online!

And yet one reviving is needed!!!

I'm going to Italy in about two months with a bunch of family-members, and I really need some good adivce when it comes to eating and drinking down there! For example, what are some nice vegan wines (preferably red ones) and traditional vegan dishes (like a salad, risotto or pasta-dish) that's vegan?

The trip is a celebration of my grand-parents (my grandmother turns 85 and my grandfather 90) so it's kind of a big thing and I don't want to ruin the whole thing by being unable to eat anything for the whole time we're there!

Thanks in advance!
    Why kill when you have the choice to avoid it?

When we went to Rome we really enjoyed " The Naturist Club" don't be put off by the name everyone is fully clothed.

http://www.yubuk.it/ristorante-roma/...-118421-5.html

It's not easy to find as it's just a door on the street but once you realise you're looking for a door and not a restaurant it helps. It is 3 floors up so also it depends how fit your grandparents are.
    They do quite a few Vegan meals and also sell some foods, soya milk etc , the kind of thing you would find in a health food shop.

We have spent quite a while living and traveling in Italy, my husband speaks Italian so that helps but we usually go for pizza without cheese as already mentioned. We found that Italians don't actually use fresh pasta that much. Spaghetti and penne are always in my experience dried pasta. I think they mainly make ravioli, tagliatelle and lasagne with egg. We got pretty fed up of the food after a while but for just a week or two it's fine we mainly ate spaghetti with a tomato sauce (spaghetti al pomodoro) this is always available so we quite often ask for it even if it's not on the menu it's also sometimes available with mushroom sauce (funghi) or zucchini.

One of the great things about being in Italy is that most ice cream shops sell either soya or rice milk ice cream, if you go to some of the larger places they even have 3 or 4 flavors to choose from.

I think all Peroni beer is suitable for Vegans.

That sounds like a fun event, sigen92.

To find vegan wines, you could look on the website of a UK specialist like Vinceremos or Vintage Roots for Italian wines that are marked vegan (I looked on Vinceremos and there were quite a few), then try and track those down in Rome (maybe in a healthfood shop - there are some listed on HappyCow)? Or you could even contact the vineyard before you go and ask them to let you know stockists in Rome?

Regarding food, the easiest thing would probably be to contact whoever is going to be doing the catering before you go and explain what you want, as things like risotto can be vegan but aren't necessarily.

Thanks mymblesdaughter anf harpy!
    I'm not sure if we're going to Rome though, my father was talking about Pompeii I think?

Also, I was planning to buy the Vegan Passport before going. Maybe that'd help?
    Why kill when you have the choice to avoid it?

Ah, think you confused us by posting in the "Vegan Rome" thread If you find out where you're mostly going to be you could look it up on HappyCow. IIRC the modern town of Pompeii is fairly compact but you would be quite near Naples which has a few HappyCow listings. Wherever you are you should be able to get pizza rossa (i.e. no cheese), vegetable antipasti and stuff like that.

Not sure about the Vegan Passport, I never use it because it has some stuff at the top of the pages about the ethics of veganism which I suspect wouldn't cut much ice with the average waiter, but you could copy out the rest of the Italian bits. And/or you can find relevant phrases online, e.g. here (page down) http://www.ivu.org/phrases/westeuro.html

Wine is not labelled in Italy, so I'd suggest researching on the Internet and printing out a list beforehand or you'll have an incredibly hard time in supermarkets and normal restaurants (might be easier in explicitly vegetarian restaurants and health food shops...).
    I'd suggest you'd try vegetarian restaurants in general, "traditional" restaurants are usually quite a nightmare for vegans. They might even consider chicken and fish as vegetarian. It's lucky you're going to the South because they tend to use less butter then us northern Italians and things will be most likely cooked in vegetable oil.
    Risotto (being a northern thing) is normally cooked with butter, stock (which might contain meat or milk) and wine (which will likely not be vegan), so don't count on it.
    You might be safer with pasta, but avoid fresh pasta and gnocchi. Ask them for spaghetti or penne with a vegetable sauce with no butter/cream/cheese (burro, crema, formaggio) and you should be ok! Try to take a proactive approach, instead of just saying "Please skip this, this, and that" maybe suggest also what you would like to have in it (e.g pasta with courgettes).
    If you're out to eat pizza ask them for "No mozzarella"; most places will charge you for toppings of your choice but I think it's worth it, they usually have a long list of veggies you can add on top (aubergines, mushrooms, rocket, etc).

It's really hard to think of something that's traditionally vegan, cheese and anchovies are hiding everywhere.

hello, starting today there will be me, too, trying to help out and give tips about being a hapy vegan in rome, italy.

ps: hello to any fellow vegan italians on the forum

Hi there,

I am going to Rome for 5 days in December, have never been before so any recommendations of places to visit or eat would be appreciated I will definitely try Il Margutta Ristorante, have also seen a place called Rewild online has anyone been there?

Many thanks
    Last edited by MooCow; Oct 27th, 2013 at 12:22 AM.

Quote NocturnaVeg View Post
    hello, starting today there will be me, too, trying to help out and give tips about being a hapy vegan in rome, italy.

ps: hello to any fellow vegan italians on the forum

Hello there

Just wondering if you have tried any of these places:
    Ops! Cucina mediterranea
    Alvarado Street
    Rewild Cruelty-Free Club

Any information on the food, prices etc would be greatly appreciated