Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Where do I find a vegan lodger?

Default Re: Where do I find a vegan lodger?

Hi everybody this is the best place I see to post this, and I will also make a new thread but it's close to what everyone was already talking about so I think it's alright with putting it here? I'm a healthy twenty year old female, who's looking for a vegan or vegetarian rural commune. Hoping to exchange hard physical work for room and board. Burned out on college and urban living. I’m a former AmeriCorps volunteer, and have experience in construction. I have a passport and am available internationally. Hoping to start out right away contact me with information at veganworker@gmail.com. References available.

I'll be looking as of August.......

Large two bed terrace in Luton, garden, two cats.

Vegans only
    The taste of anything in my mouth for 5 seconds does not equate to the beauty and complexity of life.

cobweb

are sticking an ad on veganvillage, emzy?
    hope you find someone nice.

I will be using veganvillage and gumtree luton. I would rather be poor than go through living with a meat eater ever again for the rest of my life
    The taste of anything in my mouth for 5 seconds does not equate to the beauty and complexity of life.

Quote emzy1985 View Post
    I'll be looking as of August.......

Large two bed terrace in Luton, garden, two cats.

Vegans only
    I was thinking more of a larger commune actually. Most of my knowledge lays in construction and major house repair and I'd like to live with a bunch of people who's main focus is living off the land. Do you know of any? Or where I should look?

Hey, VegCom isn't just London!
    I've used the Nottingham page without much success, but as sod's law would tend to dictate it seems to have picked up a lot since i started living on my own.

I need to move now. Anyone wanna look for a place in Brum with me or have a place available?

I will be looking for a lodger from September. Nice 3 bed house in Leicester, UK with soppy cat. I would rather be broke than share with someone I didn't get on with so would need to meet anybody interested.
    'Spring will soon pounce [like a floppy kitten]'. Whalespace.

Empty room in my home soon

My vegan friend has a room in her house in South Croydon available again. Anyone interested?
    Idleness is not doing nothing. Idleness is being free to do anything. - Floyd Dell

Quote Zorillo View Post
    Empty room in my home soon
    Bearing in mind that one I live with has come on to me. I told him I have a boyfriend!

It may be better if I live with gay men and/or straight women!

Large double room available from January the 1st in vegan flat.

Victorian bath fittings and own cupboard in bathroom.

Own fridge and freezer.

Washer/drier.

Use of xbox360 with live facilities, 42" HD TV and all other frontroom facilities.

10meg wireless broadband.

Water, gas, electric and broadband/sky plus/telephone included in the rent.

Low council tax - which will be divided equally.

Room comes with it's own double bed, but this can be removed upon request!

Luton town centre not far from the M1 and mainline train station. There is secure parking available but it is not free.

We are a veggie and vegan couple, but no non-vegan food is consumed on premisis. We have two cats and would not be willing to accomodate anymore at present. We enjoy horror movies, heavy metal and all things wierd and wonderful. We like to keep a clean house and would expect our housemate to do the same.

If anyone is interested, please feel free to PM me.

If I were looking for a flatshare near Luton it sounds like it would be perfect
    "Mr Flibble - forum corruptor of innocents!!" - Hemlock

Quote Mr Flibble View Post
    If I were looking for a flatshare near Luton it sounds like it would be perfect
    Luton is a vegan dry zone!

Is it a good idea to include telephone in the rent? What if you get someone with relatives in Australia? I'd split the gas and electric rather than including it in the rent too, especially in the current market.
    "I don't want to live on this planet any more" - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Phone is incomming calls only and was included in the sky package and all the bills are included in my rent......so I don't even know what they are lol!

Emzy mentioned Gumtree, I saw there - was just going to say that's a good site. Not exclusively Vegan, but there's a lot on there, I found a perfect room at short notice when somebody directed me there, after having sod all luck anywhere else, so always recomend it It's very localised, frequently updated and people keep their adverts specific, so room-seekers or lodger-seekers might always find something that fits if you had no luck anywhere else... http://www.gumtree.com/ then find your area's own site.

good luck everyone!
    Let the Wild Rumpus begin *~

I'm still looking...short term lets are cool too!

splitting bills makes more sense than including it in the price (unless you jack up the price lol) on the phone it's probably best to have one that is local and national calls only and have package that's unlimited for those to limit any damage that could be done both financially and through arguing for ever about who made what call and when.

Hiya
    I also have a room to rent. It's in Kilbirnie, North Ayrshire. I was also going to include bills in the rent, except council tax and phone calls and was looking for around £250. If anyone is interested send me a message. Laura

i may eventually look at subletting out one of the rooms in this big old place to help cover the cost of living

Has anyone managed to rent out a room via this forum? Just wondering....
    "You can discover more about a person in one hour of play than in a year of conversation" ~ Plato

No....lol

me neither I've given up looking now!

No. My friend found her tenants via Gumtree I think.
    Idleness is not doing nothing. Idleness is being free to do anything. - Floyd Dell

I'm advertising to try and find a home in Birmingham. I'm seeking a double bedroom in a vegetarian and/or vegan home preferably in Moseley and only in Brum. Gays/cats welcome. No known short term lets. I like tidyness & don't mind the odd top on a sofa or mess after occasional party,but no constant dishes in sink. I: promote veganism; sing; play bass; go to gigs; like rock,dance,etc music; eat lots of raw food, never cooking for myself; exercise(may go snowboarding soon!). I can give a months notice

I am searching for an accommodation too. I'll live in Manchester from 1 September 2010 to 31 January 2011 and I would like to find a vegan shared flat. Vegetarians would be okay, too, but living (and maybe cooking) together with other vegans would be just great. I am an ERASMUS student who will register at MMU for studying there for one trimester. My subjects in Germany are literature science and English/American studies and in Manchester it will be English and American Literature.

I've already posted an ad at VegCom and replied to an ad from gumtree, but maybe there are some Mancs here in this forum who are searching for a flatmate ...

Hi Vegandrea, you could also try posting on the Manchester Vegan group ^_^

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/manchester-vegan-society/
    "I am not mystical: it isn’t as if I thought it had a spirit. It is simply in its element. That gives it a kingliness, a right." [Sylvia Plath]

Zorillo, I hope you have found somewhere to stay? I'm looking for a lodger myself, but unfortunately we can only consider females as the friend I'm living with is Muslim.

Three of us are living together but sadly one has to move to Shrewsbury for her junior doctor placement. We are thus seeking a lodger from 1st August 2010.

I am a PhD student (27), my friend is a final year medic (23).

I am vegan, my friend does eat meat but vegetarian/vegan most of the time. We have clear rules about not using my cooking gear for meat. If you don't mind dairy products (and occasionally meat) in the fridge and if you have an interest in cooking and baking, then you would be ideal for our household.

We'd ask you to adhere to our no-alcohol policy due to my friend being Muslim. Also, we'd like some warning if you're having male visitors over (because of the headscarf), but I think that's general respect really, not just due to her religion.

We're in Harborne, on Harborne Lane, close to the new NHS hospital.We're on the number 11 bus route, and the number 21 bus stop is just down the road. It's only a 10-minute walk to the main university campus, so it's ideal for a student as well as a professional.

The house is well-maintained, fitted with a washing-machine and everything else we need. We have a double bedroom on offer, double-glazed, fully furnished. Rent is 266 pounds per month, plus bills. If you were a professional then we'd ask you to pay council tax for the property yourself, as we as students are exempt.

If you're interested, or if you know somebody, please get in touch.
    First it was necessary to civilize man in relation to man.
    Now it is necessary to civilize man in relation to nature and the animals.
    Victor Hugo

@fooldramaqueen: Thanks for the link!

I'm half looking for a place to stay in London as my house is falling apart. I keep finding things that fall through (not literally). Money is pretty tight for me at the mo, but PM if anyone has a room in North or west London for rentage.

south croydon might be a bit far, Marrers, but I will check my journey to work on TFL and get in touch if its possible.

(That post was from Oct '08 Agatha! She found a long term vegan lodger in the end but it was someone she already knew not through advertising.)

Buddha Belly

Quote Agatha View Post
    I'm half looking for a place to stay in London as my house is falling apart. I keep finding things that fall through (not literally). Money is pretty tight for me at the mo, but PM if anyone has a room in North or west London for rentage.

south croydon might be a bit far, Marrers, but I will check my journey to work on TFL and get in touch if its possible.
    If it is desperate I know a vegan in Baldock, Herts looking for a lodger. Bit far out I know.

Quote Marrers View Post
    (That post was from Oct '08 Agatha! She found a long term vegan lodger in the end but it was someone she already knew not through advertising.)
    OH WOW. ishould learn to use my eyes. sorry!

and Bladock is a wee bit far for me I'm afraid. but thanks anyway!

Buddha Belly

Thought it would be. But ,don't ask don't get.