Thread: South Jersey (red bank/belmar)

Question South Jersey (red bank/belmar)

Hey guys. I currently live in northern new jersey but we're suddenly considering moving to belmar. I've seen red bank mentioned pretty often in other threads and that would be where I'd end up working so I was hoping you could give me some info on the area. I've never been to either town, I just drive right past them to get to Lavallette. I've always wanted to live at the beach, but now I'm in a panic since I dont know the area/if I'll still have a job if I ask to transfer/etc. help?

Default Re: South Jersey (red bank/belmar)

I've been to those places. I don't know much about them other than that I've had a good times in each place. To me the thing is that South Jersey isn't like North Jersey; it's like The South. Not nesessarily in a bad way, just different.

Or maybe I'm just crazy.

ive only vacationed in south jersey, 2 weeks at the most each year in lavallette or silver beach. but i know living down there would be very different.. scares the bejeeeesus out of me. lol. ive lived in bloomfield and hawthorne my entire life.

bleh, i dont know. im just very wishy washy about the entire situation and dont have much time to decide.

Red Bank is awesome. I don't live there, but I visit frequently. Belmar is nice, but other than the beach, it's a little bland. However, Belmar does have Kaya's Kitchen, a fabulous veggie resturant.

I live in Asbury Park, and I recommend you consider that city as well. It's very up&coming and you can probably get a good deal on property. It has a good night life, beach, and resturants (check out Sister Sue's Trinidadian resturant that is about 1/3 vegan and Twisted Tree Cafe).

Cheers,
    rant

PS: Red Bank and Belmar are not South Jersey. Look at the map. We are in the middle of the coast.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter." --Yoda

mere technicality. if it has a beach, we refer to it as the shore and therefore we consider it south. we being us northjerseyans.

doesnt matter now, the house we wanted to rent is under contract, we'll never find anything as nice. i'm officially giving up all hope.

Sorry to hear that. It would've been nice to have a fellow VFer in my area.

Cheers,
    rant
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter." --Yoda

maybe in a couple months because our landlord isnt the nicest guy so we still want to leave we just dont know where we'll go. anything would be better than here.

I've been to Kaya's, as I have a good friend out that way. I am in Philly now, though, so it's about 1.5 hours. Don't know anything else except that there's a good health food store! Good luck, wherever you end up.
    utopiankitchen.wordpress.com