Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tea Thread

Default The Tea Thread

I am not rock solid on wether this thread exsists somewhere already but this is clearly labeled "the tea thread", I knwo that many of you out there must drink tea so, I dunno this seemed like a well rounded idea. Today I picked up some herbal organic teas from"Bija" celyon green tea and celyon black tea, I have never had black ta so I hoped its good. I dunno there is my tea fly at it. (I used to drink english breakfast btu have since wanted to get back to some more herbal teas and cut that out of my breakfast)
    "Its bad karma to fuck with the stoned"- Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas Comentary (found on criterion collection)

i enjoy earl grey tea, decaffinated.
    - nothing else will do

herbal= green tea with lemon or jasmine & various fruit teas

Great Idea TheFirstBus! Below the shelf that my last housemates called "the wall of spice", is the "wall of tea...". mostly medicinal, I dose my current housemates with various concoctions when they cough or sniff and for the odd hangover - yes there is a remedy...
    Infuse dried peppermint with the bruised flower heads of fresh lavandar - make a strong brew; it's brilliant for persistent headaches also.

My favorite tea is black vanilla. I keep two vanilla pods in the jar to keep the flavour and it has a mild euphoric effect.
    "if compassion is extreme, then call me an extremist"

I love white tea, great for detox when you are feeling low and life is throwing chemicals at you. I started this after a recent stay in hospital, I had major liver and kidney surgery, I had to get the drugs out of my system and try to get some normality back and white tea has helped.

I like the brand Choice teas. They are organic and fair-trade. My favorites are white peony and twig.

Quote Artichoke47
    I like the brand Choice teas. They are organic and fair-trade. My favorites are white peony and twig.
    Thats who I get my english breakfast from
    "Its bad karma to fuck with the stoned"- Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas Comentary (found on criterion collection)

I am a tea FREAK!
    I drink it all...it's horrid I know, but I am not knowledgeable about the fair-trade stuff. I just buy what sounds yum.
    Been really loving this mix I got from someone, it's a fruit herbal tea with rosehips, peppermint and some other stuff (those are just the flavors I can identify). I love it so much.
    My other favorite is a tea called Harvest Moon...can't remember the brand, but it's also a fruity herbal tea.
    MMMMM TEA!
    ~Mel
    ~Mel

"Sweet songs the youth, the wise, the meaning of all wisdom...to believe in the good in man" - Legend

PinkFluffyCloud

I've been drinking a herbal tea called 'Love' tea lately, it's made (organically) from Rose and Chamomile, with a little Licorice, and it is lovely.
    Actually, I've run out, and must get some more, I'm missing it!!

I love Tazo Chai, which is organic. It's the brand that Starbucks use for their chai, which is how we discovered it. But many grocery stores carry it, too.
    No Gods, No Masters.

Do any of you buy fair trade tea?

I have read that some teas add ox blood to them for colour, does anyone know anything about this?

I buy fair trade, Choice brand tea.

That sounds gross! I won't buy molasses because I hear they drip pig blood in it or something. Yuck.

My preference is for fair trade organic tea and I like to try new flavours. At the moment I am in the middle of a pack of Yogi Tea - Cocoa Spice Flavour. It's organic and the ingredients are: Cocoa Shells, Cinnamon Bark, Roasted Chicory Root, Natural Flavours, Cardamom Seed, Ginger Root, Stevia Leaf, Date Powder, Clove Bud, Black Pepper, Cocoa Bean, Natural Cinnamon Oil, Natural Cardamom Oil, Ginger Oil.

It's very warming and nice to drink now that the days are getting cooler.

Geoff

I buy Trade Winds tea from Justice Products. How ethical is that!

ConsciousCuisine

Red Rooibos Teas & Green Tea Kombucha from Yogi Teas are my favorites...

This winter I shall mostly be drinking pukka teas as advertised in The Vegan Guide To Bristol.

PinkFluffyCloud

Aha!! Pukka Teas, that's what my 'Love' Tea is, couldn't think of the brand, thanks!
    Lovely - not too strong, just right, mmmm!!

i have found a nice warming tea for the winter months - Qi White Christmas tea. it's organic and fair trade, made with white tea, cinnamon, cloves, orange oil and loads of other yummy festive spices.
    'The word gorilla was derived from the Greek word Gorillai (a "tribe of hairy women")'

i have a whole shelf of teas. altho i havnt been drinking it that often anymore. i do love my chamomile, or vanilla chamomile, or black vanilla, or green, or peach (when iced it is delicious!)
    "you dont have to be tall to see the moon" - african proverb

May favourite teas are Rooibos, and they are naturally without caffeine
    Eve

I get these crude looking boxes of cut leaf Assam tea from a Mediterranean store. I don't know what it is since it's in Arabic. The store suggested it. Very full flavor black tea. I still like caffiene.
    I am a tangerine ;)

I got this really good Choice Mango Ceylon tea. It's awesome!

I love tea. I haven't tried any herbal teas but I like the normal black tea (orange peoke kind) and I like green tea.

I also like my grandmother's tea. She brews real tea leaves with cinnamon and lots of sugar! It's unhealthy with all that sugar but mmmmmmmmm so good, if you like sweet things.

i've just started drinking Pukka's Soothing chamomile and fennel tea, and soothing it is indeed. i really need it right now!!!
    'The word gorilla was derived from the Greek word Gorillai (a "tribe of hairy women")'

I was fortunate to be given some pukka chocolate spice tea by a certain someone. Whats the word....bleugh.

PinkFluffyCloud

Pukka's 'Love' tea is the best!
    I haven't had any for 2 whole weeks, as it's expensive and I am financially troubled right now, but I miss it sooooo much!!

I am so into Japanese tea, I usally get at least a few to keep on hand. I usally get my teas from here http://www.teanobi.com/ you just cant beat Japanese green tea.

Quote Gorilla
    i've just started drinking Pukka's Soothing chamomile and fennel tea, and soothing it is indeed. i really need it right now!!!
    I hope everything is okay with you Gorilla and that you aren't feeling too stressed.

tea is soo good. i love chai tea with some vanilla soymilk and vegan cactus honey. another favorite is green tea.

i bought a pack of Pukka Love tea the other day on PFC's recommendation, and it's very nice indeed - i like the sweetness and the rose flavour, plus the chamomile is very calming.

I drink Tea Direct's tea with a slice of lemon as does my hubby.

Our son drinks Clearspring's Organic Nagata Japanese Green Tea Sencha and also Dragonfly tea's Organic Cup-in-the-Sleeve Green Tea.

i adore chai tea...especially tazo. celestial seasonings will do in a pinch too. and vanilla tea is also a favorite.

Mmmm Tazo - I love a Starbucks soy tazo chai latte on occaision

I cannot have caffiene, so tea is out for me - I had been drinking chamomile until I realised that I was allergic to it, but I am liking dandelion at the moment.

Hmm but there are plenty of non caffeinated teas...I try to avoid caffeine for fear of addiction...but I'm addicted to tea anyway so I guess caffeine isn't really the issue ^_^

Jobey

Tea is fantastic! Im a traditional English Breakfast man mostly but Im quite partial to a nice Rooibos or Earl Grey I'll try any tea once though!

Default Re: The Tea Thread

In the style of Jesse from The Fast show, today I ave mostly been drinking ..... Dr Stuart's apple and ginger tea.

mmmmmmmmmmm i love that apple and ginger tea. the Dr Stuart Tranquillity is quite nice too.

i've been drinking a lot of Yogi 'Stomach Ease' tea recently and the odd cup of nettle tea which is an acquired taste i think but pretty good once you get used to it

Melina

I like my anti-oxidants. I have 2 cups of green tea every morning, here in Holland I get the Albert Heijn brand, with ginseng and prune. I'm not crazy about the caffeine content but green tea has been used in Chinese medicine for over 4000 years. To sum up, here are just a few medical conditions in which drinking green tea is reputed to be helpful:

cancer
    rheumatoid arthritis
    high cholesterol levels
    cariovascular disease
    infection
    impaired immune function

It also boosts your metabolism.

Kevster

I'm currently drinking goose grass tea and nettle tea fresh from the garden.

California! (Here I come, right back where I started from...)

hoo-RAY for TEA! I sometimes have white or jasmine tea in the mornings and chamomile or peppermint tea at night. ooooh, and sometimes I like fruity-flavored teas as a treat

And today I ave mostly been drinking ..... Dr Stuart's blackcurrent and guarana tea.

I'm enjoying the rather mundane, un-fair trade but yummy PG Tips every morning before I leave for work. It's a box I had lying around before my pre-pregnancy days. Once I finish this box, I'm getting some good organic, strong, black tea.

I've never tried vanilla tea. Love the 'euphoric' vanilla pods in tea idea.

I used to drink a lot of herbal tea, but now am too hooked on Ceylon, Earl Grey, English Breakfast. I should maybe give it up for a while but it's just too good.

Why is it that tea has such a calming effect even though it's caffeinated?

Default Tea and Strawberries

With tea, I note that most vegans seem to have ginger tea and such like. Is normal tea not vegan?

And strawberries - I know some fruit are dipped in honey, but how about strawberries? I can't see why they'd need to be, but then I think that about all fruit.

Love, life and peace,
    - antman

Default Re: Tea and Strawberries

Tea is vegan by ingrediant. I suppose some might be concerned with the companies procedure or if it is organic.

I know that some people in my vegan/vegetarian club drink orange pekoe loose tea leaves and/or Lipton--though I don't know if there is a reason behind the choice!
    It is challenging to stand as a minority; but doing so sometimes makes a hero.

Tea is fine, but why on earth would anyone dip strawberries in honey? The strawberries I'm growing in only one pot, taste beautifully sweet. I just pick and eat!
    Eve

Natural Teas are vegan, but in "Animal Ingredients from A to Z" by E.G. Smith Collective, there is a concern with Tetley or more importantly, Lipton tea as there are rumors that they use animal blood as food coloring in their teas. http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/1873...00#reader-page (It's a sample of the book, so just click on it to open it and the third page is about the tea.)

Default Re: Drugs

Quote Gliondrach
    Drink tea. The drink of the gods.
    I'll drink to that.

With soy milk and one teaspoon of unrefined sugar

Gliondrach

No sugar, Spion Kop.

Puffy, I think you must be intoxicated. Tea is wonderful.

Quote Gliondrach
    Wine is a peasant's drink. Scotch is the drink of hairy, bekilted, claymore swinging, red-bearded Jocks. Drink tea. The drink of the gods.
    I already drink tea and I don't feel any more Goddess-like than I already am.