Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tea Thread

Default Re: Drugs

Quote Gliondrach

Puffy, I think you must be intoxicated. Tea is wonderful.
    No you are very wrong. Now peppermint tea is wonderful, normal tea is evil pure evil

Mmmm peppermint tea. I should go buy some more. The bulk store up the road sells it loose and it's only pennies a dollar.

Pilaf

For a unique taste, I brew peppermint and raspberry tea together.. it's strangely exhilerating.

OH! I have some raspberry zinger in my cupboard which I don't like on it's own but maybe peppermint+raspberry would be good.

Default Re: The Tea Thread

I love hot or cold chai with soy milk. Yum
    "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."

Quote maya
    me too

my favourite tea is Taiwanese High Mountain tea it's about $80 for a kilo though. You make it in a tiny teapot and drink it in little cups. Great fun

An tea ony

everyday i drink nettle tea w/ stevia. i just drink it for health. its not my favorite. i really like chamomile during the colder months. its so warming and apple like.
    "you dont have to be tall to see the moon" - african proverb

I have Alishan High Mountain Oolong in my kitchen. Good stuff!

Quote abrennan
    me too

my favourite tea is Taiwanese High Mountain tea it's about $80 for a kilo though. You make it in a tiny teapot and drink it in little cups. Great fun

An tea ony

Quote maya
    I have Alishan High Mountain Oolong in my kitchen. Good stuff!

ooh lucky

i do believe in fairies

I'm drinking some ginger, lemon grass and spearmint tea...very refreshing.

I have become a tea person lately. I've been buying online from Adagio Teas: www.adagio.com

They rock! My favorite is the coco mint green tea. It's odd, but I like it. They also have great rooibos teas. They sell loose tea, so you need to have an infuser or tea ball or something. I recommend the ingenuiTEA infuser. It works very well. The website itself is fascinating, too.

Those of you that drink chai should try it with vanilla almond milk. You won't be disappointed.

Cheers,
    rant

I went through a tea phase about a year ago, stocked up on about 10 varieties and got a nice glass teapot. Then i realised that tea is just hot flavoured water, which isn't even that good, so now I drink it rarely. When I do it's generally jasmine.

Chai is good, but I don't really class that as tea, more hot sweet and spicy soya milk
    "Mr Flibble - forum corruptor of innocents!!" - Hemlock

From www.veganvillage.co.uk

SEEKING DANDELION TEA DRINKERS FOR TV DOCUMENTARY

Japanese TV company is working on a health documentary about dandelion tea. Would love to hear from anyone in London area who regularly drinks dandelion tea for health reasons.

Small fee will be given for interview. @telesearch@easynet.co.uk (Remove the 1st @)

I drink around 4 -5 glasses of a mandaren white tea (white tea/orange zest) and a decaff green tea blend, each and every day.

Tea is liquid heaven lol.

Quote Mr Flibble
    Then i realised that tea is just hot flavoured water, which isn't even that good, so now I drink it rarely.
    Bah humbug!

Quote Troub
    Tea is liquid heaven lol.
    I couldn't agree more

Having said that I'm trying to wean myself off the caffeinated sort and intersperse with more glasses of water.

We get through mountains of ginger and lemon and peppermint herbal tea. I bought some camomile tea but quite honestly it tastes like I've just brewed up some fresh hay!
    Silent but deadly :p

Quote maya
    Oh I love it to. I have this stuff some company has decided to call "original Indian spice" the little box even has a caffine 'o' meter on it. PLus I got this great organic brown rice milk. Its just awsome.
    "Its bad karma to fuck with the stoned"- Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas Comentary (found on criterion collection)

So i just bought some new tea yesterday...loose leaf tea in bulk. Its called Fiji tea. SOO good. A blend of green tea, papaya and pineapple. There are also some little blue flowers in it. I don't know what is in it. But it is very good. A nice smooth flavor (the fruit makes it sweet and kills some of the bitterness of the green tea)

And if I haven't mentioned before, I have a wall of tea. So many flavors, so little time.
    ~Mel

"Sweet songs the youth, the wise, the meaning of all wisdom...to believe in the good in man" - Legend

I tried white tea for the first time this evening. Was strange at first, but good. Very delicate. (Apparently though it's £250 per lb so I certainly don't intend to get some! )

Quote assilembob
    A blend of green tea, papaya and pineapple. There are also some little blue flowers in it.
    Your fiji tea sounds very exotic

Quote Hemlock
    We get through mountains of ginger and lemon and peppermint herbal tea. I bought some camomile tea but quite honestly it tastes like I've just brewed up some fresh hay!
    I thought that was what it was meant to taste like

Seaside

For Christmas I got my step mom a glass tea pot and some Numi Dragon Lily white tea blossoms. The tea leaves are tied together with cotton thread to resemble flowers, which then appear to bloom in the pot (which is why you need a glass one, so you can see it happen). Its very tasty, too.

That sounds like such a beautiful, original gift Seaside

Seaside

Aw, thanks Roxy! My step mom loves tea, and collects tea pots, and I thought this would be a very nice addition to her collection. And I like Numi teas, too. I drink their Red Bush tea.

I've never tried Numi tea. I'll have to keep an eye out for them.

At the moment, I'm enjoying a cup of African Buchu Rooibos tea. It's the first time I've tried this kind of Rooibos and I really like it!

Quote Seaside
    The tea leaves are tied together with cotton thread to resemble flowers, which then appear to bloom in the pot
    Cool!

I love black tea (Orange pekoke). I tried getting in herbals and green teas, but nope. Black tea for me!
    Peace, love, and happiness.

Sounds like we need to have a tea party! You guys can come to my house.

I'll bring the Denman Island chocolates!

I swear by Bija's echinacea tea! it's amazing!

I'll make date squares

parks

Thumbs up Boost Memory With Calming Tea

Calming tea is a safe and time-tested Ayurvedic formula designed to ease stress and tension, encouraging a state of relaxed alertness without drowsiness. This healing formula contains Organic Chamomile (Matricaria recutita), an herbal nervine that supports, soothes and rejuvenates the nerves. Known for its mild, apple-like flavor, Chamomile has been used as a calming agent for centuries and is widely regarded for the way in which it helps compose the mind and cool the body. Organic Lemon Grass is also included in this formula, as it is a popular antispasmodic and mild anti-irritant.

More Detail About Calming Tea

Default Oolong Tea and Caffeine

Does Oolong Tea have an abnormally high amount of caffeine?? I have always been a habitual green tea drinker but I recently have started drinking Oolong Tea and it always makes me really wired and alert/awake its kind of a weird sensation. Last night I had a cup and I couldn't sleep at allll. This morning I had some other type of tea and that was good as far as keeping me awake but not nearly as potent as the Oolong Ice Tea I got later on in the day that really woke me up. Has anyone else experienced this with Oolong Tea?
    "An outside enemy exists only if there is anger inside."
    - Lama Zopa Rinpoche

Default Re: Oolong Tea and Caffeine

I love oolong tea. I'm not too concerned about how much caffiene is in it but I do think there is more than green or regular black tea. Caffeine in tea has no physical effect on me at all. I drink so much of it I think I have tea flowing through my veins...LOL!

Default The Tea Lovers Thread

I tried searching but I don't think a thread like this exists yet! If it does, Mods, you can merge.

My favourite teas are:
    • Regular old black tea from the tea bag with sugar and sometimes soy milk
    • Tea made with cinnamon and loose tea leaves with lots of sugar and NEVER any soy milk
    • White tea
    • Green tea

I also tried chamomile tea today and it's nice. I'll be adding it to my favourite tea's list in the near future.

I tried other herbal and fruity teas but I don't really like them. I want to try rooibos tea!

Default Re: The Tea Lovers Thread

I love Green tea. My favourite is taiwanese high mountain tea. It's very expensive ($80 for 100 grams) but it is so nice.

I was taught how to make Kung Fu tea (means hard work tea) years ago by Vietnamese and Taiwanese friends. They gave me a little tea pot and cups so I could make my own.

I like herb tea also, there is one I have every night it's from New Zealand and it's called sleepy time tea, it has all herbs that make you have a nice sleep and it tastes nice too.

I have a shelf in the cupboard overflowing with all different kinds of tea.

My friend just came back from Japan and she has photo's of herself in a tea ceremony, how lucky.

My friends used to come over and we would have our own tea ceremony and then we would take turns at writing poems in a little book I have with chinese paintings of tea pots on it

ooh must be tea time

Anteaony

Green Tea was my favorite - I drank it religiously while at school (at least 3-4 cups a day). Now while I still love my green tea I've moved on to Oolong Tea bc it makes me feel so much more alert!
    "An outside enemy exists only if there is anger inside."
    - Lama Zopa Rinpoche

mango woman

Tea is the greatest thing ever.

I realllyyyyyy like African Redbush Peach tea. mmm

I wish all tea companies had to stop using staples and the little string and piece of paper. It's sooooo unnecessary and annoyingly wasteful!!!

Quote Wishin986
    Green Tea was my favorite - I drank it religiously while at school (at least 3-4 cups a day). Now while I still love my green tea I've moved on to Oolong Tea bc it makes me feel so much more alert!
    i have read that chinese buddhist monks invented tea drinking in order to maintain an alert state of mind during longs hours of sitting meditation.

There is a legend related to Bodhidharma a famous indian buddhist who lived in China ( He allegedly opened the Shaolin Temple) he was meditating by looking at a wall for nine years. His eyelids gave him trouble because they would close when he was drowsy so he tore them off and threw them on the floor. Where they landed tea bushes began to grow.

Antony

Tiggerwoo

Quote Tigerlily
    I tried searching but I don't think a thread like this exists yet! If you does, Mods, you can merge.

My favourite teas are:
    • Regular old black tea from the tea bag with sugar and sometimes soy milk
    • Tea made with cinnamon and loose tea leaves with lots of sugar and NEVER any soy milk
    • White tea
    • Green tea

I also tried chamomile tea today and it's nice. I'll be adding it to my favourite tea's list in the near future.

I tried other herbal and fruity teas but I don't really like them. I want to try rooibos tea!
    Yep white tea is sooooooooooo nice. I like it better than green tea (even though I do buy that too) as it has a softer more delicate flavour.

You just have to try rooibos tea Tigerlily, it is lovely.

I also like fennel, peppermint, echinacea and raspberry, green tea with lotus flower and red clover tea.

Seaside

My favorite since I was little has always been Jasmine tea. Bush tea is very good, Tigerlily (that's rooibos). I don't suppose anyone but Americans drinks iced tea, but I keep a jug of chilled bush tea in the fridge all the time. Its really good with just a drop or two of stevia. I never put milk in my tea before I went vegan, and still drink it plain when hot. I like ginger tea, too.

Iced tea is so big here in Oz you can buy it in bottles in the cold drink section at the shops. I like it when it's home made but that bottled stuff always tastes a bit weird.

where I live there are lots of Vietnamese cafes and restaurants and they do a lovely iced tea.

Anteaony

LittleNellColumbia

I wonder that too, Happycow. I know some teas contain vanilla bean for a vanilla taste, maybe they add that to cookies and cream tea?

I'm going to buy rooibos today, I think.

How do you make iced tea?

Seaside

Tigerlily, you can brew up regular tea, let it cool, and pour it over ice.
    I like to make sun tea the best. You put the tea in a big glass jar, and put it outside in the sun all day (make sure you have a lid on) and then just put it in the fridge. Sun tea even works on a foggy day, as the light gets in through the glass, but can't get back out, so it is turned into heat, which brews the tea. It just takes a litle longer on a cloudy day than in the bright sun.

VeganJohn

I think camomile is probably my favourite tea, although I also like peppermint.

I had some amazing, raspberry, echinacea and ginseng recently.

I drink iced white tea, or iced green tea on a daily basis. It constitutes 90% of my liquid intake. I brew a gallon at a time, set it in the fridge to chill.
    Sometimes I'll mix em, like 3 whites to 1 black, or 2 whites and 2 green.

Hot teas: my current favorites are:

Mandarin White
    Vanilla Rooibos
    Tazo's "Passion" herbal blend

Bulk teas are fun too! my vanilla rooibos is bulk.
    "Beauty will save the world" - Fyodor Dostoevsky

Ah. Tea

I see from my previous posts I was planning to cut down on caffeinated tea Oops.

I discovered rosehip tea recently and really liked that. Is it Red Zinger that's mostly rosehip? My mum has just been given a 'variety box!' of herbal teas (including chai) so I'm looking forward to inviting myself over and trying a couple of those tomorrow.

I used to drink a lot of rooibos but I drank too much and went off it. I'd like to try vanilla rooibos but I haven't seen it anywhere.

Usually just plain old builder's tea. That's something like English Breakfast or Traditional Afternoon with soya milk. I don't take sugar. I like rooibos tea too. Right now I'm drinking peppermint tea.

Quote Seaside
    Tigerlily, you can brew up regular tea, let it cool, and pour it over ice.
    I like to make sun tea the best. You put the tea in a big glass jar, and put it outside in the sun all day (make sure you have a lid on) and then just put it in the fridge. Sun tea even works on a foggy day, as the light gets in through the glass, but can't get back out, so it is turned into heat, which brews the tea. It just takes a litle longer on a cloudy day than in the bright sun.
    Sounds nice! I heard of moon tea too.

Quote Cherry
    I'd like to try vanilla rooibos but I haven't seen it anywhere.

Got it at a local "Chinese" Shop.
    "Beauty will save the world" - Fyodor Dostoevsky