Thread: Iranian Vegans established their native forum

Default Iranian Vegans established their native forum

Hi dears!

I am Siavash Hooshyar, Iranian Vegans website founder and Iranian Vegans forum moderator; We established our native forum looked as this international vegan forum.

We welcome you in English section of our forum.

And we now at beginning of our strive for develop vegan goals in our country - that seen very hard- need your support around the world.
    Last edited by siavash; Feb 22nd, 2010 at 07:14 PM.

Default Re: Iranian Vegans established their native forum

hi
    i tried visiting but i don't speak teh language sorry and the link to the english bit doesnt seem to bring it up. cheers

Hello! I think it's so exciting that you have a vegan movement in Iran.
    Please tell us more about being vegan in Iran - I'm sure there must be a lot of interesting national dishes that do not contain meat. Maybe you could share some of them with us?
    Silent but deadly :p

Quote ClawsyWP View Post
    hi
    i tried visiting but i don't speak teh language sorry and the link to the english bit doesnt seem to bring it up. cheers
    Our site is in Persian ( Iranian ) words, because its Iranian vegan recourse, in English section of our forum you can leave your comments to our members and make relation with Iranian vegans.

Quote Hemlock View Post
    Hello! I think it's so exciting that you have a vegan movement in Iran.
    Please tell us more about being vegan in Iran - I'm sure there must be a lot of interesting national dishes that do not contain meat. Maybe you could share some of them with us?
    Hi!
    It is two vegetarian resturant in tehran ( capital of Iran ) and we have some vegan foods.
    Lot of vegetables are growing in iran , we have the best frutes and vegetables in our country.

I'd love to visit Iran.

Can you tell us what's on the menus?

I can't read it to have a look!
    The taste of anything in my mouth for 5 seconds does not equate to the beauty and complexity of life.

There are some amazing Iranian vegan dishes - one of my favourites is made out of celery. You can buy some in tins here in the UK - and wonderul Iranian dried figs, white and not disgustingly sticky - just naturally dried looking like little mini figs. I get them from a shop in Temple Fortune in North London when I'm passing buy.

Thanks for Michael Benis's complete and useful explain, such as he said we have very dried fruits verity in Iran, and also you can use fresh fruits and vegetables through four reasons in the year, but in restaurants you can't find veggie foods in menu easily! Veggie life in Iran is looked hard! And you have to go out with your food in your bag! But there are a lot of vegan and vegetarian peoples in Iran and they strive to develop veggie goals in Iran.

Glad to hear veg*nism is thriving in Iran, siavash. If there are a lot of veggies then the restaurants will get the idea sooner or later.

Quote siavash View Post
    And you have to go out with your food in your bag!
    Yes, we sometimes have to do that as well

revolutioncrow

hi.it is revolutionarycrow from iran,and a new hot member in iranians vegans site.i am realy glad to see you here when i look at your sentences abaut what you feel for iran.yes.there are many people in iran who are veg and hate hunting and killing animals.we try our best to stop hunting in iran but unfortunatly it is allowed by the government to hunt here or some certain months.and sorry to say that most of people in iran are eating meats for feeding because of the bad belifes in religion which say they can kill animals to eat because their god created them all just for human.and so they ae not worried abaut the animals who are been killed for their foods.lucky to say that we have a great movement i nour big cities to share what we think abaut the nature,and animals.now we have sites and some NGO to say others that we can feed our children by plants without any danger for health.finally i wanna say thank u mister siavash,for what he does in iran.ican say he is such a hero in iran.i love u siavash the founder of iraninas vegan.
    kalagheshoureshi.

revolutioncrow

iran is one of the best place for vegans caz u can finf most plants in iran.i can say that this is one on most amazing country wer u can find all kind of plants anytime u want.becaz of the wether.we speak persian but many people can speak english.i think most people think that iran is not safe to live or travel,but i wanna say it is one of the safest place to live.u should not care abaut the government,caz th nation is not wat u see from governers in politics.

Quote revolutioncrow View Post
    most of people in iran are eating meats for feeding because of the bad belifes in religion which say they can kill animals to eat because their god created them all just for human.and so they ae not worried abaut the animals who are been killed for their foods.

haha wow! I loved the main page to the vegan.ir site! I couldnt read it, thats for sure, lol, but the image of human heads on a dinner plater is exactly why I went vegan - animal, human: we're too alike

It's interesting that you note that most people in Iran eat meat because it is allowed in their religion (altho I am not familiar enough with the religion to know all the details), because in Christianity, it is the same thing, which is the main religion where I come from. In Christianity, God "created animals for man", or something. So, I guess that means its ok to kill them and do what ever we please?? oi. I disagree, but most people don't seem to care what I think lol.
    "Stand your ground this is what we are fighting for.." -VNV

at last!I'm not the only Iranian member of this forum!
    it is not important if there is god or not.the importance is that can you keep being a good person without any heaven at end?

Hamed Sufi

Default Aash-E Reshteh (Persian Noodle and Bean Soup)

sorry for the mistake, guys .
    .................................................. .......

This thick soup of herbs, greens, legumes, grains, and noodles is cooked in a fried onion based liquid. It is customarily served as a starter before the actual meal is served. To serve, the soup is topped with creamy whey (kashk), fried onions with turmeric, lightly fried garlic, and fried mint. Without the whey, the soup is actually completely vegan, which is quite nice!

Ingredients

1/4 cup dried black beans
    1/4 cup dried garbanzo beans
    1/4 cup dried lentils
    1/4 cup brown basmati rice
    1/4 cup dried pinto bean
    1/4 cup dried white bean
    1/4 cup pearl barley
    1/4 cup dried red beans
    4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
    1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
    1 bunch cilantro
    1 bunch parsley (stems removed and discarded)
    12 ounces baby spinach leaves
    4 ounces beet leaves
    2 bunches scallions (green parts only)
    1/2 cup fresh dill
    2 onions
    1/4 cup vegetable oil
    8 ounces chow mein noodles

Directions

1 Combine dried beans and grains in a large bowl, add water to cover, and let soak for 8 hours.

2 Wash greens and herbs well. The best way to do this is to soak in cool water and swish leaves around. Let sit for a couple minutes and lift out into a colander and rinse with water. Repeat a couple more times to remove any dirt. Allow to dry well. Chop all in batches in food processor and set aside.

3 After 8 hours, pour off water from beans and grains. Transfer beans and grains to a large pot and add water to cover by two inches. Place over high heat and bring to a boil. Once it comes to a boil, skim off all the foam possible. Once the beans begin to soften, add garlic and ginger. Season with a couple teaspoons of salt. Once the beans are halfway cooked, add green and herbs. Season with pepper. Prepare onions.

4 Cut onions in half once lengthwise and once crosswise to form quarters. Thinly slice into short slivers. Heat oil in a large skillet and fry onions until golden. Strain onions to remove excess oil. Set aside a couple tablespoons for serving. Add remaining onion to pot with beans and greens. If liquid in the pot is running low, add boiling water to keep the mixture loose. Ideally, the water will be two inches higher than the beans in the pot. Simmer beans and greens mixture for 20 minutes. Add noddles to pot and simmer 30 minutes until all ingredients are cooked through. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add boiling water if mixture is too thick. The soup should be rather thick, but it should remain pourable.

Thank you HamedSufi for this great recipe . Thumbs up!!
    THERE IS ALWAYS A HOPE