Thread: We are way too dependent on automobiles here in US

Default We are way too dependent on automobiles here in US

We are way too dependent on automobiles here in the states... if we gave a second thought to riding a bike or walking to our destination when possible then us americans wouldn't freak out at this gas issue. I understand some people live a long way off from their work or such...but most of us live only a few miles from work...

We should really think about healthier/cleaner methods of transportation than just cars all the time..

Most people i come across are disgusted at the thought of not driving somewhere...even if its just down the road

Default Re: Environmental concerns

Look on the bright side Surf'n'Sun - thanks to our obsession with the motor vehicle soon all of us who live in low lying areas will be able to take the boat to work like they can in New Orleans....
    We are saved in the end by the things that ignore us. Andrew Harvey

Funny terrace max , i suppose you are right though!

Quote SurfNSun
    We are way too dependent on automobiles here in the states... if we gave a second thought to riding a bike or walking to our destination when possible then us americans wouldn't freak out at this gas issue. I understand some people live a long way off from their work or such...but most of us live only a few miles from work...

We should really think about healthier/cleaner methods of transportation than just cars all the time..

Most people i come across are disgusted at the thought of not driving somewhere...even if its just down the road

Good Point!